+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Saberhagen

NYYF Triple Crown

Saberhagen

Bret was scratched from tonights start due to "shoulder stiffness" why doesn't this guy hang it up? He doesn't actually think he's gonna win anything with Boston does he? He must be talking to egomaniac Cone.

NYYF Legend

If Benedict Cone can do it, why can't he??

Giant egos. That's why Cone came into 2000 out of shape, and constantly resisted going into the pen or down to Columbus last year. Same ego that prevented Cone from coming back to the Yankees and EARNING a spot - a spot loaded with incentives.

Boy, it must be hard for you guys to sit there at your keyboards and type this stuff. It must be difficult after all of the finger and wrist surgeries you've had over the past 2 years to agonizingly type these words. It must be SO DIFFICULT, to admit to yourselves that although you painstakingly tried to get your fingers limber and strong enough to pound those keys, that after all of the time and effort you put into them, that you must now just "hang it up".

Give 'em a break will ya?

Saberhagen hasn't pitched in what, 2 years? What do you think he's been doing since then? Hangin' out on internet forums? The guy has been rehabbing and working out and busting his ass to get back...yet, in your opinion, he should just hang it up. Give ME a break.

And Cone, the "egomaniac". Whatever. Cone did what was best for Cone...he took a job on a team which he KNEW wouldn't have any kind of starting pitching virtually assuring himself a job on a team that would be competitive. We don't really know what he was offered by the Yanks and quite frankly, I think theypushed him out. They cut their losses - and rightfully so...but don't blame the man for taking the best job opportunity for him. You would have done the same but as a fan, you can't look at these guys' jobs as just that - JOBS.

Word has it that Saberhagen said, "I wouldn't be surprised if the game against Oakland was my last ever."

NYYF Triple Crown

KFP, Its nice that you are so understanding of Sagerhagen but he had a great career with a championship ring to add to it, most ballplayers can't say that. Now, he has had multiple surgeries and each time he comes back he fails. I don't know exactly how old he is, but he has to be up there with Cone. He won his ring in '85, 16 years ago. So give me a break with the bleeding heart stuff, this guy is finished we all know it maybe someone should tell him the same.

Thread Information