+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Why Donnie, why?

Quote Originally Posted by Black Sabbathia View Post
    Mattingly just wants some sort of vote of confidence , and he's clearly not getting that from the Dodgers. Do the Dodgers want to have a lameduck manager? And if they don't like him or the job he's doing, why would they even bring him back for next year? It's a very bizarre situation. And I don't blame Mattingly for starting to go into attack mode on the issue, after he's been on the defensive against them and the media for the better part of two years now. It's been the worst kept secret in LA that the Dodgers wanted to replace him, and the rumor is that they've fed a lot of it to the media to build popular support against him. And then they go and make a move like firing his bench coach right after they pick up the option? Is that how an org that just won 90+ games and a playoff series should treat their manager?

If Mattingly ends up quitting, I don't think he'll have trouble finding work. This isn't like Jim Riggleman quitting on his team, a ................ty team at the time no less, in the middle of the season. He literally just quit after a game one night.
    If what you're saying here is true (about his treatment by management) that makes me very disappointed.
    Thank you, 2013-2014 New York Rangers for a great season!

NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

Quote Originally Posted by Black Sabbathia View Post
    Mattingly just wants some sort of vote of confidence , and he's clearly not getting that from the Dodgers. Do the Dodgers want to have a lameduck manager? And if they don't like him or the job he's doing, why would they even bring him back for next year? It's a very bizarre situation. And I don't blame Mattingly for starting to go into attack mode on the issue, after he's been on the defensive against them and the media for the better part of two years now. It's been the worst kept secret in LA that the Dodgers wanted to replace him, and the rumor is that they've fed a lot of it to the media to build popular support against him. And then they go and make a move like firing his bench coach right after they pick up the option? Is that how an org that just won 90+ games and a playoff series should treat their manager?

If Mattingly ends up quitting, I don't think he'll have trouble finding work. This isn't like Jim Riggleman quitting on his team, a ................ty team at the time no less, in the middle of the season. He literally just quit after a game one night.
    Because it is dodger's opinion that managers dont bitch n whine when they are in their last year of a contract especially when it is viewed by the front office that said manager made crucial mistakes.

Why not just fire him? Possibly bc if donnie quit, he's the bad guy and a whiner and they dont gotta pay him. Another reason? Becuz at the moment theres not much out there in terms of management experience. Another reason? Mebe they felt his bench coach might have been responsible for the mistakes and trying him out for another year with a better bench coach might alleviate a lot of stupid errors at the expense of a one year contract.

Donnie's still new and needs to put in his dues. The same is asked of players, why not the manager who is supposed to be the leader of the ballclub? Makes sense to me.

Also, like i said, donnies attitude isnt helping much.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/mlb/s...g-new-contract
    The Los Angeles Dodgers are discussing a new, multiyear contract with manager Don Mattingly, two sources told ESPNLosAngeles.com.

NYYF Legend

Have we forgotten that Walter Alston managed the Dodgers for 23 years and never had more than a one year contract?

Andy
    Yogi is a National Treasure. Let's put him in a National Hall of Fame. The man has no peers.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Nome View Post
    Have we forgotten that Walter Alston managed the Dodgers for 23 years and never had more than a one year contract?

Andy
    A lot of player contracts used to be one year deals too. Times have changed
    If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by CalYankeeFan View Post
    A lot of player contracts used to be one year deals too. Times have changed

No Kidding.

Andy
    Yogi is a National Treasure. Let's put him in a National Hall of Fame. The man has no peers.

Thread Information