+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    NYYF Legend

Re: ALCS: Tigers vs Red Sox

Quote Originally Posted by 1970cs View Post
    14-20:$24M annually
    Yep. Cecil's decline started at 28, Prince is 29. Makes you think twice about the long term deals, don't it?
    Goin for 2<strike>7</strike>8!

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    i love koji
    also his son is the cutest thing ever
    The Bob Loblaw Law Blog

Quote Originally Posted by theDurk View Post
    "There are currently 141 users browsing this thread. (34 members and 107 guests)"

Nothing to see here, people. What did you 107 expect to see?
    Strippers. I'm dissappointed right now.

I'm going to assume by this ridiculously over the top celebration that the Cardinals forfeited the World Series and the Red Sox are champions.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post
    What a bullsh*t inning. Scherzer gets jobbed by the HP ump on a 3-2 pitch to Bogaerts. Iglesias boots a ground ball.

And of course, the Tigers pen gives it up on a grand slam to Victorino thats an out in every other ballpark in MLB. Shoot me.
    Yep. I will say though.....the non call strike three to Boegarts was on Avila. He did not set up well and stabbed across his body. It was no the black, but that always draws the ball call from the ump.
    Goin for 2<strike>7</strike>8!

ptcnyyfan

185 guests viewing this thread- wut? Hilarious. Go celebrate and get drunk instead of snooping around here.

Quote Originally Posted by AMYanks View Post
    I'm going to assume by this ridiculously over the top celebration that the Cardinals forfeited the World Series and the Red Sox are champions.
    Haha! Sig worthy.
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it."
    -- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Yankee Stadium: 1923-2008 DiMaggio5CF's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by just-blaze View Post
    Funny to see the Sox fans being rational about it, and the Yankee fans go Chicken Little.
    Quote Originally Posted by just-blaze View Post
    MLB Network's Daryl Hamilton said that Detroit is in real trouble.
    His rationale? Detroit is thinking "everything went right in that game and we still lost."

I got in a ridiculous "debate" with someone on how that was not the most significant HR in Sox history.

Late inning dramatics certainly skew people's perception on reality. Fascinating and scary at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Fan in Boston View Post
    Seriously. I think any major league baseball team could bounce back from a tough loss, especially one that has Verlander on the mound in the next game. Doesn't mean they will, but it's ridiculous to think that one loss in game 2, no matter how dramatic, is the end of a series.
    Yeah, you guys are right. That HR wasn't the turning point of the series. Detroit showed plenty of fight after that. In fact, I still like their chances.
    27-Time World Champions

I rooted for the Red Sox in '67, '75, & '86 as I'm a true blue AL guy. At this stage, though, they can shove it! Despise both the Sox & the Cards. Maybe climate change brings a blizzard & no team wins this thing? This Yankee fan can hope!

The most depressing thing for this series is seeing Bogaerts. A 21 year old kid who looks like someone who's going to be a pain in the ass for the next 10years.

Go Cards!

Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post
    What a bullsh*t inning. Scherzer gets jobbed by the HP ump on a 3-2 pitch to Bogaerts. Iglesias boots a ground ball.

And of course, the Tigers pen gives it up on a grand slam to Victorino thats an out in every other ballpark in MLB. Shoot me.
    And in every other ballpark Bogaerts hit is a HR, VMarts hit is a HR and Gomes' hit is a HR.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Kindleaddict View Post
    The most depressing thing for this series is seeing Bogaerts. A 21 year old kid who looks like someone who's going to be a pain in the ass for the next 10years.

Go Cards!
    The Red Sox have a huge decision to make in 2014, as this kid is going to be starting somewhere. If they think Middlebrooks is still the 3B of the future, they let Drew go. If they don't think Middlebrooks is, they trade him, and give Bogaerts third and sign Drew for three years.

Was anybody remotely surprised to see Jose Veras crap the bed? He has always been terrible.

incredibly gratifying to see the best team in AL overcome the crapshoot that is the playoffs and make it to the WS. completely validates the analytic approach to baseball engendered by the red sox FO.

NYYF Legend

The story of this series, from my point of view, is that the Tigers really had a hard time at some of the most crucial times. They let the Red Sox off the hook in Game 2 when they had a real chance to put them in a huge hole, allowing the Ortiz grand slam in the 8th inning. In Game 6, they did not take bigger advantage of a big opportunity in the 6th inning with Fielder's baserunning miscue, and then Veras gives up a grand slam on an 0-2 pitch, which just should not happen.

The other big factor in this series is that Miguel Cabrera was just not healthy and was not his normal self.

I give the Red Sox lots of credit despite the Tigers' failures. Lackey outpitched Verlander in the critical game 3 in Detroit. Another pivotal game 5, the Red Sox also came out on top on the Tigers' home field and their bullpen held the lead. In game 6, the Red Sox put a lot of pressure on Scherzer even when they didn't score runs. Pedroia missed a three run homer by inches, Gomes missed a homer by inches, and Bogaerts hit a real shot off the wall. Also, the Red Sox bullpen, aside from Franklin Morales in the 6th inning yesterday, was one place that the Red Sox had the clear advantage.

Hopefully, it will be a good World Series. The talk will soon begin as to how Ortiz and Napoli split time at first. I think Middlebrooks may be sitting in favor of Bogaerts going forward.

Well, the only hope I have left is that the "miracle" Sox run into another iteration of the 67 Cardinals. It sure would be nice if Wacha could channel Bob Gibson.

Quote Originally Posted by markyra View Post
    And in every other ballpark Bogaerts hit is a HR, VMarts hit is a HR and Gomes' hit is a HR.
    exactly...and how many home runs get hit to RF in Yankee Stadium that are outs in other parks?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Gehrig39 View Post
    Well, the only hope I have left is that the "miracle" Sox run into another iteration of the 67 Cardinals. It sure would be nice if Wacha could channel Bob Gibson.
    I don't think the 2013 Red Sox team is a "miracle" at all. I think they have one of the top payrolls in baseball, and they have a lot of good players, a lineup that led baseball in runs scored and OPS, and I think they are a good team. I'm not sure where the miracle label comes from.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by AMYanks View Post
    They might as well. The Cardinals will be lucky to win one game in that series.
    Last edited by NelsonMuntz; 10-20-13 at 01:47 PM.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

Go Cardinals.... It's time for a good ol fashioned Amish/Red Sox beard cutting party. No parade for Tommy Boy, Sully and Fitz...........
    In the Kingdom of the Blind. The One Eyed Man is King........

GO GNOMES!!!!!!!!! maybe the Sox winning another WS will give Yankee FO incentive to pull heads out of each others arses..............

"Happy Wife.........Happy Life" - unknown

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

Sox should be favored but don't underestimate the Cardinals. So many times I have seen on here people pretty much guaranteeing a team will win and end up being wrong. This is baseball, not football where the biggest question is will they cover the point spread.

Leyland is a horrible manager. Completely out of touch with his pitching staff. He was given a Maserati and drove it like a '66 VW Bug. They also need to spend a solid two weeks in spring training dedicated to base-running. Worst display on the bases I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Boss View Post
    Go Cardinals.... It's time for a good ol fashioned Amish/Red Sox beard cutting party. No parade for Tommy Boy, Sully and Fitz...........
    This borders on horrifying - imagine someone saying a Detroit parade would be peopled by Vito, Guido, and Guiseppe....or Jose, Juan and Mariano....this ethnic hatred must end.
    Like Jackie Robinson, Phil Rizzuto, Pee Wee Reese, Joe D. and Yogi, we must tip our hat to the victors and vow to do better next time.
    "I'm sorry Smokey, you were over the line, that's a foul....mark it zero Dude, next frame"

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Meecham4ever View Post
    This borders on horrifying - imagine someone saying a Detroit parade would be peopled by Vito, Guido, and Guiseppe....or Jose, Juan and Mariano....this ethnic hatred must end.
    Like Jackie Robinson, Phil Rizzuto, Pee Wee Reese, Joe D. and Yogi, we must tip our hat to the victors and vow to do better next time.
    Oh lighten up Francis. Nothing wrong with his descriptions of the typical idiot sox fan.

I predicted the Cards would win the WS regardless of their opponent and I am sticking to it. The NL seems to have the edge when it comes to pitching to the AL and the Cards pitching has been unreal.

Cards in 6.

Thread Information