+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Yankee Stadium: 1923-2008 DiMaggio5CF's Avatar

Re: ALCS: Tigers vs Red Sox

I guess it really is the Red Sox' year.

I hate to say that one game early in a series can decide the entire series, but I don't see Detroit bouncing back from this. They had the Red Sox down and almost out, but they seemed to completely fall apart right after the Ortiz HR. One pitch swung the momentum more drastically than I can ever remember seeing. It went from feeling like the Red Sox didn't have a shot to the Red Sox being squarely in the driver's seat.

Quote Originally Posted by -tz View Post
    Hey, hey, the Tigers have been winning with Peralta.
    Very true, but I'm still not sure exactly what the rule is. Do you have to go through each team's roster and take a count, or does it automatically offset in every situation that doesn't involve A-Rod?
    27-Time World Champions

I knew the tigers weak bullpen was gonna decide the outcome on all these games. The Redsox couldn't buy a hit against Sanchez and Max. As soon as Max was out they immediately hit their daily GS.
    Ain't it EVIL to LIVE backwards

NYYF Legend

My money's on Saltalamacchia.
    Told you so.

NYYF Cy Young

OH for Pete's sake, how could the Tigers lose this game. Fielder sucks as a fielder. and a wild pitch lets the runner advance to third. What a choke game by th e Tigers.
    All the fat guys watch me & say to their wives, 'See, there's a fat guy doing okay. Bring me another beer. Mickey Lolich

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    Btw - back to our discussion about Abreu playing 3B and Cabrera's 3b defense, that ground ball was a great example of what I've been talking with you and others about. Most 3b make that play easily, but Cabrera couldn't get to it.
    Miggy has a broken leg, basically.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee01 View Post
    Miggy has a broken leg, basically.
    His range sucks, period.

Told you so.
    No one cares.
    27-Time World Champions

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    His range sucks, period.
    Ok.

Verlander needs to step up and win game 3. And by win I mean go CG, because clearly the Tigers bullpen is ****...

NYYF Legend

Don't see the Tigers winning this thing now. How and why did they ever acquire Josť Veras, anyway?

Don't see the Tigers winning this thing now. How and why did they ever acquire Josť Veras, anyway?
    Because he sucks, and sucks makes him one of the better arms in their 'pen.

EDIT: And as for how, I think in a mid-season trade with the 'Stros. I'll double check that, though.

EDIT: Yup...

According to Baseball-Reference:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...erasjo01.shtml

July 29, 2013: Traded by the Houston Astros to the Detroit Tigers for a player to be named later and Danry Vasquez (minors). The Detroit Tigers sent David Paulino (minors) (September 13, 2013) to the Houston Astros to complete the trade.
    27-Time World Champions

NYYF Legend

Jesus Christ. What a half assed pen Detroit has. How can you have the starters just dominate to the extreme, and then choke the minute they are out?!
    Goin for 2<strike>7</strike>8!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Yankee Fan View Post
    Would anyone of you walked Ortiz in that spot?

Not such a farfetched idea IMO.
    You don't intentionally walk him, but you don't let him beat you. Pitch around him, if he gets a walk fine, but you don't go at him there. Especially if you are a crappy closer.
    Goin for 2<strike>7</strike>8!

Forum Regular

Quote Originally Posted by goin for 27 View Post
    You don't intentionally walk him, but you don't let him beat you. Pitch around him, if he gets a walk fine, but you don't go at him there. Especially if you are a crappy closer.
    Agreed. If there is 1 pitch you don't throw there it's a fastball down the middle.

Watch Detroit lose this series in 5 or 6 now. Sox will come back, we'll have to hear about how much heart they have and how gritty they are...how clutch Ortiz is blah blah blah.

NYYF Legend

The Tigers are still the favorites. They have 3 of the remaining 5 at home, and Verlander, who has 28 consecutive scoreless innings pitched going back to the regular season, has 2 of the 5 starts, with Scherzer and Sanchez in 2 of the other 3.

That being said, 1-1 heading into a Game 3 vs. Verlander is better than being down 0-2.

No need to worry Tigers will still win this series, it just won't be in a sweep.

They just have too much starting pitching to lose, Verlander should shut them out next game in detroit. Then you have Fister vs Peavy in game 4. I say there is a great chance the tigers can take those two games. Even if they end up splitting it the series would be tied 2-2 and it would be back to Scherzer or Sanchez in game 6.

The Red Sox offense is awake now. Also unless the Tigers starters can go 9 innings, they likely wont win.

Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar

Funny to see the Sox fans being rational about it, and the Yankee fans go Chicken Little.
    Fistpumping like a champion.

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by just-blaze View Post
    Funny to see the Sox fans being rational about it, and the Yankee fans go Chicken Little.
    Yup.. I still like Detroit's chances.

NYYF Legend

I guess this means that Detroit starting pitchers will have to go longer in their games and not count on their bullpens.

it's refreshing to watch these this series. truly inspiring baseball that we haven't seen from our own team all season.

Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by just-blaze View Post
    Seriously. I think any major league baseball team could bounce back from a tough loss, especially one that has Verlander on the mound in the next game. Doesn't mean they will, but it's ridiculous to think that one loss in game 2, no matter how dramatic, is the end of a series.
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

Quote Originally Posted by yanksftw View Post
    it's refreshing to watch these this series. truly inspiring baseball that we haven't seen from our own team all season.
    Seriously??? The Yankees over performed this season considering so many injuries to key players.
    Please fire Cashman, so some Yankee fans can have hope again.

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    Seriously??? The Yankees over performed this season considering so many injuries to key players.
    I am not sure what some people were expecting considering the number of injuries this year.

Thread Information