+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 168 FirstFirst ... 35 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 55 95 145 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 4198

Re: 2013/14 New York Yankee Off-Season Thread

I would've been more than thrilled if the Yankees got that deal for Ruiz.

Speaking of deals, seems like we're talking to Jhonny Peralta. It's not new material or anything but I like allocating the funds it would take to sign someone like Nathan or Lopez for a guy like Peralta who can play a few spots and is a serviceable bat in the lineup.

Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pleasepassthesoup View Post
    They still need a 3B this year, a SS going forward, and a reliable insurance policy if Jeter misses a long amount of time. Drew fills all of those needs.
    I'd rather have Peralta.
    Fistpumping like a champion.

NYYF Triple Crown

3 year deal for a 35 yr old catcher...eh. Not a fan.

No McCann since Sanchez will be up in a couple years. Too risky to sign him to 4 or 5 years.

Cano, Choo, peralta, and Chavez for the offense are fine by me.

Gardner
    Jeter
    Choo
    Cano
    Tex
    Soriano
    Peralta
    Chavez/Ryan
    Cervelli/Romine

That's a damn good lineup. The money you save from not signing McCann you can spend on tanaka, maybe garza (although I would rather have nuno start instead), and some help for the pen.

Quote Originally Posted by just-blaze View Post
    I'd rather have Peralta.
    I would, too. I think he's a better fit, but it makes sense that the Yankees are talking to both of them. No reason to close any doors.

Although I would rather have freese instead of peralta, more power to right and he would be in the perfect park for his kind of hitting.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by El Barto View Post
    No McCann since Sanchez will be up in a couple years. Too risky to sign him to 4 or 5 years.

Cano, Choo, peralta, and Chavez for the offense are fine by me.

Gardner
    Jeter
    Choo
    Cano
    Tex
    Soriano
    Peralta
    Chavez/Ryan
    Cervelli/Romine

That's a damn good lineup. The money you save from not signing McCann you can spend on tanaka, maybe garza (although I would rather have nuno start instead), and some help for the pen.
    Hopefully the Yankees don't pass on free agents in hopes that some of their prospects end up making the show. If we've learned anything the last 10 years, it's that prospects generally flame out...A LOT.

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    Hopefully the Yankees don't pass on free agents in hopes that some of their prospects end up making the show. If we've learned anything the last 10 years, it's that prospects generally flame out...A LOT.
    Particularly prospects that aren't close to the bigs, yet.

Quote Originally Posted by BronxBomber86 View Post
    So do I.

I'm not gonna get it, either.

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

That doesn't mean they shouldn't take up the catching position for 5 years. I would be okay with 4 years for McCann cause Sanchez is only 20 right now. Then McCann can transition to DH later on. I think I just convinced myself on signing McCann so never mind...

And it's not just Sanchez that could turn out good, we have so many catching prospects that have potential. Though I'm still waiting for mason Williams to come up, they say he's Austin Jackson with less strikeouts and more power + speed. Who do you guys think takes over for Soriano in 2015?

Richmond Virginians

How about bringing back Yogi Berra

http://nypost.com/2013/11/18/as-cano...banez-reunion/

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by El Barto View Post
    That doesn't mean they shouldn't take up the catching position for 5 years. I would be okay with 4 years for McCann cause Sanchez is only 20 right now. Then McCann can transition to DH later on. I think I just convinced myself on signing McCann so never mind...

And it's not just Sanchez that could turn out good, we have so many catching prospects that have potential. Though I'm still waiting for mason Williams to come up, they say he's Austin Jackson with less strikeouts and more power + speed. Who do you guys think takes over for Soriano in 2015?
    Many prospects have potential. Very few are able to meet that potential at the major league level. A few years ago, the Yanks had Montero and Romine waiting to become their next catcher. Now they have absolutely no idea who'll catch for them, one season after having a disaster of a catching situation.

NYYF Legend

If the Yanks could sign Joe Nathan to a 2/20 deal, would any of you be in favor?

Many prospects have potential. Very few are able to meet that potential at the major league level. A few years ago, the Yanks had Montero and Romine waiting to become their next catcher. Now they have absolutely no idea who'll catch for them, one season after having a disaster of a catching situation.
    We'll obviously many prospects don't live up to the hype. But they still have a lot of catchers in the minors that you need to deal with giving them a chance in the majors eventually. Not to mention cervelli isn't all that bad, although I do agree McCann on a 4 year deal wouldn't be too bad but he's most definitely looking for something longer.

If the Yanks could sign Joe Nathan to a 2/20 deal, would any of you be in favor?
    He'll be 39 in four days. I'd love him on a one-year deal, but no way do I go further than that.

Quote Originally Posted by pleasepassthesoup View Post
    Particularly prospects that aren't close to the bigs, yet.
    Sanchez and Williams have been here an eternity it seems like and neither are even close. Banuelos, too, but that's injury related.

Yes, I they're going back all-in this year. No if he soaks up $20MM on a mediocre team with more significant needs

Quote Originally Posted by dpbddd99 View Post
    Bet he still puts up a better slash line than Chris Stewart
    Mariano Rivera was so great he was able to close a Denny's.

Quote Originally Posted by BronxBomber86 View Post
    Cano bothers me. Never saw him as a franchise player like Jeter, Posada, or Rivera. He doesn't demonstrate much leadership from what I see at the surface. Call me crazy, I would be content with him going elsewhere.

Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teknetic View Post
    Sanchez and Williams have been here an eternity it seems like and neither are even close. Banuelos, too, but that's injury related.
    That's because Sanchez was signed when he was 16. He's 20 years old now, and Williams is 22. They may or may not pan out, but it's a bit early to be impatient with them
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee01 View Post
    Cano bothers me. Never saw him as a franchise player like Jeter, Posada, or Rivera. He doesn't demonstrate much leadership from what I see at the surface. Call me crazy, I would be content with him going elsewhere.
    I agree. I like him as a talent but but if he's only interested in staying because he thinks he's entitled to 300 million or some other absurd amount, I'd like to see the Yankees tell him to take a hike.

Let him go out on the open market and see what he gets. I'd give 5 years with 2 vesting options and a club option in the 20-22 range. A cent past that and he can sign elsewhere.
    Mariano Rivera was so great he was able to close a Denny's.

Quote Originally Posted by teknetic View Post
    Williams was drafted out of HS in 2010. Hardly an eternity.
    Don't tease me, you know what I do for a living.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInfallibleOne View Post
    I agree. I like him as a talent but but if he's only interested in staying because he thinks he's entitled to 300 million or some other absurd amount, I'd like to see the Yankees tell him to take a hike.

Let him go out on the open market and see what he gets. I'd give 5 years with 2 vesting options and a club option in the 20-22 range. A cent past that and he can sign elsewhere.
    Yup. I would sign Infante to play 2nd and maybe Peralta to play 3rd. Beltran would be a great switch hitter to stick in the middle of that lineup. Choo as well. Sign them all! Especially if we save on Cano. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    Williams was drafted out of HS in 2010. Hardly an eternity.
    "seems like" being the key words.

Thread Information