+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 75 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 61 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 275 of 1864

Thread: 10 years/305M

  1. #251

    Re: 10 years/305M

    Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    My point is Cano is already set for life, or should be, if he just wants the biggest contract than that is pure ego from a no-hustle player.

    Cano doesn't have the dive into the stands kind of hustle, or even run hard on a ground ball hustle.

    He will become even lazier given a huge contract....no way this guy is worth a long contract that will Shirley end poorly.
    Stop posting this garbage.
    Thank you for making me calm today, Brett Gardner

  2. #252

    Re: 10 years/305M

    All this talk of what he "wants" is simply the negotiating process the agent(s) of Cano whispered to the press to show strength and show everyone that this new agency is here, ready to take on the biggest contracts, players and fight the biggest team. It's more of a publicity showing for the agency above all.

    In reality, Cano gets no where close to 305M.
    You know they are not real pies, right?

    "I heard Jackie Bradley junior was already voted to the ASG....for the next three years." - NerfBall55 4/4/2013

  3. #253
    Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Too Close to Fenway

    Re: 10 years/305M

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoux101 View Post
    All this talk of what he "wants" is simply the negotiating process the agent(s) of Cano whispered to the press to show strength and show everyone that this new agency is here, ready to take on the biggest contracts, players and fight the biggest team. It's more of a publicity showing for the agency above all.

    In reality, Cano gets no where close to 305M.
    Sure, but that's not nearly as interesting to talk about
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

  4. #254
    NYYF Cy Young

    Sparky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    New Jersey

    Re: 10 years/305M

    Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    . . . .

    Personally, I'd rather have Cano + $80MM to fill out the roster than $104MM and no Cano. The key in this IMHO is the length of the deal. 7/$168 didn't get it done reportedly. 8/$192MM or so is probably what it's going to take.
    I hope they sit on the original 7-year offer and see if another team gets to that level - rather than start bidding against themselves right now.

  5. #255

    Re: 10 years/305M

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Fan in Boston View Post
    Sure, but that's not nearly as interesting to talk about
    Indubitably
    You know they are not real pies, right?

    "I heard Jackie Bradley junior was already voted to the ASG....for the next three years." - NerfBall55 4/4/2013

  6. #256
    NYYF Cy Young

    Sparky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    New Jersey

    Re: 10 years/305M

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Read that Hal was on the Michael Kay show (yesterday?) and stated there is no way Cano gets $300M . . anyone listen to the show?
    http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/r...eat-dad-100913

    Speaking on ESPN 98.7's "The Michael Kay Show" in New York, Hal Steinbrenner said, when asked about any proposed deal of 10 years and $300 million, “I don’t feel this organization is ready to do something like that.”

    Then he expanded a little more, hinting that Cano may have to choose between the biggest contract offer and remaining a Yankee — that he won't be able to get both.

    “No, I do not. We’ll see. I know that is a number that is out there now. We’ll see if he gets it, how much he wants to be in New York," Steinbrenner said. "But, again, I can promise it is going to be a very, very solid offer that we do make because we are going to try. We are going to try the best we can to keep him.”

  7. #257

    Re: 10 years/305M

    They should absolutely give Cano that deal that way this team will be so hamstrung by such a huge contract that we'll surely get the draft picks to rebuild the farm. (that people want so badly supposedly.)

    Seriously, this guy is slightly better than Garrett Anderson a plays Brian Roberts level second base. He deserves Prince Fielders's deal at the most.

  8. #258

    Re: 10 years/305M

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    “No, I do not. We’ll see. I know that is a number that is out there now. We’ll see if he gets it, how much he wants to be in New York," Steinbrenner said. "But, again, I can promise it is going to be a very, very solid offer that we do make because we are going to try. We are going to try the best we can to keep him.”
    Hopefully, it's not more than 5-6 at 125-150... if that's not to his liking, let him take a hike.
    Roger Maris = single season "natural" home-run record-holder.

  9. #259

    Re: 10 years/305M

    Quote Originally Posted by IwantToViewThisForum View Post
    They should absolutely give Cano that deal that way this team will be so hamstrung by such a huge contract that we'll surely get the draft picks to rebuild the farm. (that people want so badly supposedly.)

    Seriously, this guy is slightly better than Garrett Anderson a plays Brian Roberts level second base. He deserves Prince Fielders's deal at the most.
    Prince Fielder's 214/9 might be a pretty decent comp actually.

    Shave off a year or two due to age differences and we're looking at 180~190/7~8

  10. #260
    Pinpoint False1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Arizona

    Re: 10 years/305M

    Quote Originally Posted by IwantToViewThisForum View Post
    They should absolutely give Cano that deal that way this team will be so hamstrung by such a huge contract that we'll surely get the draft picks to rebuild the farm. (that people want so badly supposedly.)

    Seriously, this guy is slightly better than Garrett Anderson a plays Brian Roberts level second base. He deserves Prince Fielders's deal at the most.
    I'm impressed. Setting up a forum ID in 2004 to begin trolling in late 2013 takes an impressive amount of foresight and patience.

  11. #261

    Re: 10 years/305M

    Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    I'm impressed. Setting up a forum ID in 2004 to begin trolling in late 2013 takes an impressive amount of foresight and patience.
    A troll sleeper cell
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdvM0IB5Sbs

    MICRO PASSIVE/MICRO AGGRESSIVE

  12. #262

    Re: 10 years/305M

    Quote Originally Posted by ieddyi View Post
    A troll sleeper cell
    "The woods are lovely, dark, and deep, but I have promises to keep. And miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep."
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

  13. #263
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006

    Re: 10 years/305M

    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Man View Post
    "The woods are lovely, dark, and deep, but I have promises to keep. And miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep."
    When I was in fifth grade, we had to memorize that poem and recite it, one at a time, in front of the class. Nothing like hearing 25 11-year-olds doing identical singsong recitations - His house is in the VILLage though - to make you hate a poem for life.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

  14. #264
    Richmond Virginians
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Richmond Va

    Re: 10 years/305M


  15. #265

    Re: 10 years/305M

    TBH they were never out of play.

  16. #266
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The Bronx

    Re: 10 years/305M

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingofkings19 View Post
    TBH they were never out of play.
    Correct, its just posturing.
    The real reason why the Yankees keep winning is cause the other team can't stop staring at the damn pinstripes

  17. #267
    NYYF Legend

    goin for 27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Connecticut

    Re: 10 years/305M

    I think the Yanks can still land Cano, but the problem with even tepid interest from Dodgers is that it could quickly force an overpay.
    Goin for 2<strike>7</strike>8!

  18. #268
    NYYF Legend

    Nome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Branchburg, NJ 08876

    Re: 10 years/305M

    I honestly hope some team signs Cano for 10 years and close to $300 million. I would love nothing more than to see after 5 years his skills erode and performance hit rock bottom so I can sit back with Glee and laugh at that teams utter foolishment. I do not want the Yankees to offer more than a 5 year contract (yes, I know they were talking about a 7 year offer).

    Andy
    Yogi is a National Treasure. Let's put him in a National Hall of Fame. The man has no peers.

  19. #269
    Better than you teknetic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NJ

    Re: 10 years/305M

    Quote Originally Posted by IwantToViewThisForum View Post
    They should absolutely give Cano that deal that way this team will be so hamstrung by such a huge contract that we'll surely get the draft picks to rebuild the farm. (that people want so badly supposedly.)

    Seriously, this guy is slightly better than Garrett Anderson a plays Brian Roberts level second base. He deserves Prince Fielders's deal at the most.
    Of all the players to pick, you picked Garret Anderson. That probably isn't even the dumbest thing you've said today, either.

  20. #270
    Bazinga Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: 10 years/305M

    Quote Originally Posted by Nome View Post
    I honestly hope some team signs Cano for 10 years and close to $300 million. I would love nothing more than to see after 5 years his skills erode and performance hit rock bottom so I can sit back with Glee and laugh at that teams utter foolishment. I do not want the Yankees to offer more than a 5 year contract (yes, I know they were talking about a 7 year offer).

    Andy
    Well, that's kind of cutting off your nose to spite your face. I mean sure I don't want to see him get a 10 year deal here but I also don't want it anywhere else, either. Before these 5 years that you speak of it's going to suck watching him tear it up for someone else, especially if they are in our division and/or won a championship with him. I would find zero pleasure in that.
    Thank you, 2013-2014 New York Rangers for a great season!

    NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

  21. #271
    NYYF Legend

    kan_t's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong

    Re: 10 years/305M

    I don't think the Dodgers are serious in Cano's market after the recalculation of their revenue sharing numbers.

    http://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozan...eams-tv-money/

  22. #272
    NYYF Legend

    Nome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Branchburg, NJ 08876

    Re: 10 years/305M

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    Well, that's kind of cutting off your nose to spite your face. I mean sure I don't want to see him get a 10 year deal here but I also don't want it anywhere else, either. Before these 5 years that you speak of it's going to suck watching him tear it up for someone else, especially if they are in our division and/or won a championship with him. I would find zero pleasure in that.
    No , it's the Yankee franchise that will be hurt if they sign Cano for more than 5-7 years, and I am firmly convinced that there are owners out there that will greedily sign him for close to what his agents are asking. At the terms bandied around, I certainly don't want him. His contract will do more harm than good. I don't see my position as cutting off my nose, I see it as a highly intelligent and business like position.

    Andy
    Yogi is a National Treasure. Let's put him in a National Hall of Fame. The man has no peers.

  23. #273
    Hello dum-dum... effdamets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    In front of the TV

    Re: 10 years/305M

    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    When I was in fifth grade, we had to memorize that poem and recite it, one at a time, in front of the class. Nothing like hearing 25 11-year-olds doing identical singsong recitations - His house is in the VILLage though - to make you hate a poem for life.
    I had to do the same thing in 5th grade.
    But I happen to love that particular poem by Robert Frost.
    “Begin each day as if it were on purpose........”—Alex Hitchens

  24. #274

    Re: 10 years/305M

    Quote Originally Posted by teknetic View Post
    Of all the players to pick, you picked Garret Anderson. That probably isn't even the dumbest thing you've said today, either.
    In the respective years they turned 30, both Anderson and Cano finished 4th in AL MVP voting. Seems pretty obvious they're eminently comparable.

  25. #275
    NYYF Legend

    kan_t's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong

    Re: 10 years/305M

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mxylsplk View Post
    In the respective years they turned 30, both Anderson and Cano finished 4th in AL MVP voting. Seems pretty obvious they're eminently comparable.
    Both came second in ROY voting too!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts