+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 75 1 2 3 4 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 years/305M

10 years/305M

So, don't know how validity there is to this, but I heard on Mike and Mike this morning that Cano is seeking a deal somewhere in the 10 year/305M range.

Personally, I think Robbie came along a few years too late. At this period in time, I don't see anybody shelling out that combination of money and years for a guy on the wrong side of 30. Pujols didn't get that kind of money, and I'll take his numbers at that point in his career over Robbie's every day (2 GGs, 6 SSs, 3x MVP, 415 home runs, .329 career BA, 1.043 OPS at the age of 31).

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Re: 10 years/305M

Let him go to LA for that. It's not my money and I don't pay the Yankees any money these days so I really don't care, but if I were the GM the line would be 5/150. Overpay in dollars, not years.

We need to say "sayonara" if he asks for anything close to that. He will be 31 in a month. A-Rod was 32 when we signed him to his 10 year deal. When we signed A-Rod, he was coming off of one of the greatest offensive seasons in Yankee history and had won two MVPs in a three year span. Cano has been a great player, but he has never been as dominant as 2004-07 A-Rod, who basically carried us to the playoffs in 05 and 07. So why in the world would the Yankees agree to anything near $305 million/10 years?

I think the Yankees have been bitten by enough bad contracts to know that it would be a disaster to give him a contract like that. We're talking about a 31 year old, not a 25 year old. And while Cano has been a great player, he's only hit 30 homers once as a lefty in Yankee Stadium. Homeruns aren't the end all and be all of everything, but they are worth bringing up. He's also never had 120 RBI's.

I don't think that any other team would give him anything near $305 million, but if someone is dumb enough to do that, then we should bid him farewell and never look back. If St. Louis can keep winning without Pujols, then I'm sure that the Yankees would eventually be fine without Cano. Yes, I realize that the Cardinals have a better team than we do right now, but I'm just saying that we could make do without Cano if we made smart decisions elsewhere.

I thought he fired Boras.

I don't think there's a team in the league who's going to even give him anything within screaming distance of that, though.
    -Kevin

"My point is you can't compare things with statistics." Joe Morgan

RIP, Pete.

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by Soriambi View Post
    He did. He's with Jay Z's firm now.
    Jimmy G. (Seniority 03/28/1994)
    1994-2008: Main Res MVP Sec. 14, Row G
    2009: Section 330, Row 6
    2010: Section 233A, Row 20
    2011: Section 229, Row 16 *All Sunday Plans*
    2012: No longer STH, liberated!

that's insane lol
    always reasonable

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

I want a 20 year $800 million deal to play baseball. Doesn't mean I'm going to get it.

I don't think there's a team in the league who's going to even give him anything within screaming distance of that, though.

How about either Chicago team, SF (desperately need offense), Texas, Phila, Toronto (after dumping this years crop of imports) or Seattle?
    Screaming distance, not the exact numbers.

Forum Regular

No No No No No No No. I'm sorry Robbie but you are not worth that amount of money over that period of time. To pay someone 30M for one year is crazy let alone every year for 10 years straight especially for a guy who's in his 30s. I would pay that for Mike Trout however

Albert Pujols "only" got $240 million when he signed with the Angels two years ago. When he signed that contract, he was the same age that Cano is now. Also, he was a three time MVP, the best offensive player on two world championship teams, and had hit over 30 homers in the first 11 seasons of his career, including six seasons in which he hit over 40. In general, he was one of the best offensive players in the history of the game when he signed that contract. His resume' dwarfed what Cano has accomplished thus far. So if he can't get $300 million as a 31 year old, then how is Cano?

I like Cano, but the Yankees should laugh in his face if he asks for this.

I see no validity in this. Preposterous. Kershaw/Trout, maybe. Cano? No. He's not even getting $200M let alone 3

I can see the Yankees goiong as high as 7 years, 170 million for Cano.
    “Begin each day as if it were on purpose........”—Alex Hitchens

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by StingrayJG View Post
    He did. He's with Jay Z's firm now.
    This is a big contract for Jay Z, if he can score big for Cano then he can lure more players to him...
    [SIZE=3]"Scooter - RIP and thank you for being part of my childhood"[/SIZE]

People always float that they want ridiculous things before free agency. set the bar high and maybe someone will be stupid enough to give you a decent portion of it. more than likely, he'll get significantly less but it doesn't hurt him to ask for the moon.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    I want a 20 year $800 million deal to play baseball. Doesn't mean I'm going to get it.
    I'll just take league minimum to sit on the bench and retrieve Joe's Binder when he needs it. That ain't happening either.
    If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

Either he is going to come off that demand or he will be playing elsewhere. That is just ridiculous. I dont see anyone paying near that but we will see.
    "A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore."

I love baseball in general and the Yankees just happen to be my favorite team since I knew what baseball was.

Apparently, he wants to beat A-rod's contract.

El oh el

Crow,Tony,Joe,Yogi,Riz,2 Joes Tifoso's Avatar

Cano is the best PP on the Yankees. Is he even in top 10 in MLB, though? Stats guys?
    -Lou 27 (28 in 2015)
    Totus Tuus

NYYF Legend

Boras would not ask for that sum, he is brutally tough, but he would not embarrass himself. Asking $305M is beyond ludicrous. He may leave the Yanks, but NOWHERE close to that sum.

At the end of the day, it makes his agents look stupid. I know you start high, I am in sales, and have been through many a negotiation. Still, it has to be realistic. It has to be..................... - someone may actually do that - to have any effect.

That said, it is clear - top bidder gets him, it will be awhile.....
    Goin for 2<strike>7</strike>8!

Well then... are we seeing our last days of Cano in Yankee pinstripes?

Quote Originally Posted by goin for 27 View Post
    Boras would not ask for that sum, he is brutally tough, but he would not embarrass himself. Asking $305M is beyond ludicrous. He may leave the Yanks, but NOWHERE close to that sum.

At the end of the day, it makes his agents look stupid. I know you start high, I am in sales, and have been through many a negotiation. Still, it has to be realistic. It has to be..................... - someone may actually do that - to have any effect.

I don't know about that as he's asking 100M for Choo, who has never played in an all-star game.
    Okay Hal and Brian, I might be a sucker, but you got 3 more years to fix it!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by goin for 27 View Post

This. If you start out rediculously high, I'll start out rediculously low. The Yankees already offered 7/140. I think that's a legitimate starting point.
    If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    I don't know about that as he's asking 100M for Choo, who has never played in an all-star game.
    Over how many years?

NYYF Legend

I am a huge proponent of re-signing Cano, but not at that price. Fortunately it's likely just a negotiating tactic or bad information.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

I blame Jay-Z.

Thread Information