+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bring on 2014

NYYF Legend

Bring on 2014

Yes we failed to make the playoffs this year. But I thoroughly enjoyed the season. Baseball and the Yankees are my first love and even though this year was disappointing from the standpoint of our finish, I still enjoyed following the team and look forward to next year.
    I am already making plans for ST. I truly anticipate this offseason to see what changes are made; to see if we resign Cano, Grandy and Kiroda. I look forward to the continued development of Nova and Phelps and wonder how well Robertson will fill Mo's shoes and if not who will. I look forward to see how well Pineda and Compos does next year.

I want to see how well top management will initiate plans for the franchise's future. Like most of you, I feel it must start with rebuilding the farm. We must put a high powered executive in charge of developing our approach to rebuilding the farm and how well we discover and develop talent.

In short, I am ready. Bring on 2014.

Andy
    Yogi is a National Treasure. Let's put him in a National Hall of Fame. The man has no peers.

NYYF Cy Young

Re: Bring on 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Nome View Post
    Yes we failed to make the playoffs this year. But I thoroughly enjoyed the season. Baseball and the Yankees are my first love and even though this year was disappointing from the standpoint of our finish, I still enjoyed following the team and look forward to next year.
    I am already making plans for ST. I truly anticipate this offseason to see what changes are made; to see if we resign Cano, Grandy and Kiroda. I look forward to the continued development of Nova and Phelps and wonder how well Robertson will fill Mo's shoes and if not who will. I look forward to see how well Pineda and Compos does next year.

I want to see how well top management will initiate plans for the franchise's future. Like most of you, I feel it must start with rebuilding the farm. We must put a high powered executive in charge of developing our approach to rebuilding the farm and how well we discover and develop talent.

Andy
    I still also like the Yankees, but totally hated this season and the whole feel of it.
    There were some exceptions like Watching Mo & Andy's last season, really enjoyed having Soriano back, Some of Kiroda & Nova's starts. Other than that there was nothing I enjoyed about it. I didn't enjoy watching Chris Stewart, most of the 3rd baseman we played, CC doing nothing, Hughes & Joba's swan song, Nunez fielding, Wells, The Offense in general. Getting schooled by the Red Sox, realizing we have crap in the high minors. As I said I'm a fan, but this season will go down in my mind as one of the least enjoyable.
    [SIZE=3]"Scooter - RIP and thank you for being part of my childhood"[/SIZE]

NYYF Legend

Thank you Yankees for another for the most part wonderful season. With all the injuries I sort of expected to be eliminated sooner than 4 games left. Looking forward to 2014. Lots of changes in the wind..........
    If you understand,
    things are just as they are;
    If you do not understand,
    things are just as they are.
    Zen proverb

Calendar of Updates
    www.calendarofupdates.com

If they don't make some serious changes in scouting and player development, I don't expect us to address our core problem- lack of young, cheap, talented players.

I love the smell of Spring...........

"Happy Wife.........Happy Life" - unknown

Quote Originally Posted by montrealer View Post
    I love the smell of Spring...........
    For your neck of the woods that should be anytime late June or early July.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

NYYF Legend

^ Is that you..........Al Roker?

First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar

I wish I had faith in Cashman to work some magic this winter -- it is very clear that there are GMs doing a lot more creatively.
    We toast to the old days and DiMaggio too,
    Billy Martin and Mantle, Whitey Ford and to you

Quote Originally Posted by hardrain View Post
    I wish I had faith in Cashman to work some magic this winter -- it is very clear that there are GMs doing a lot more creatively.
    Those GMs aren't carrying a 50% charge up on every dollar they spend either.
    Poor ownership can hold a baseball team down for years!

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    Those GMs aren't carrying a 50% charge up on every dollar they spend either.
    Either are the Yanks

The luxury tax surcharge applies only to the amount above the limit- ie if they spend 199M next year, they'll only be taxed on 10M
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdvM0IB5Sbs

MICRO PASSIVE/MICRO AGGRESSIVE

Quote Originally Posted by ieddyi View Post
    Either are the Yanks

The luxury tax surcharge applies only to the amount above the limit- ie if they spend 199M next year, they'll only be taxed on 10M
    Like the 40+M they spent over the threshold this year that will amount to another 20+M.
    Poor ownership can hold a baseball team down for years!

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by hardrain View Post
    This was a very hard season for me with all the replacements and injuries. Watched too many games with 5 hits. I agree and worried this off season and Brian's ability to evaluate talent and have a limited pocketbook. Even that new GM in Boston did a great job. Joe and Cano may not be back. Joe will probably wait until Nov to decide if he wants to manage or take a year off like Terry (watched Nick Swisher and he still had that grin after key outs). Cano will test FA at Winter Meeting. I may not be worried but concerned about our starting line up in 2014.

Addicted Member

I am spending a lot of money with a therapist to pretend like 2013 never existed. If any of you try and change my mind, i will put a hit out on you. Thank You.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by oneill96 View Post
    I am spending a lot of money with a therapist to pretend like 2013 never existed. If any of you try and change my mind, i will put a hit out on you. Thank You.
    The architects had instructions to skip 2013, as 13 is an unlucky number, so the millennium went straight from 2012 to 2014. We do have a few more months of "2013" to dream through, but since there's no baseball in them, they shouldn't be too bad.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by oneill96 View Post
    20what?
    If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

Andy - the Yankees started rebuilding the farm system following the 2004 World Series and it has not panned out.

The Yankees are not good at rebuilding, and that is ok. But they can contend next season if they retool, as is what they do best.

Bottom line is Yankees game ticket prices are too high to pay for a non-contending team. The Steinbrenner's will lose more money by implementing frugality, as it could take a decade to fix things and it doesn't come with any kind of guarantee.

Quote Originally Posted by Nome View Post
    I am already making plans for ST. I truly anticipate this offseason to see what changes are made; to see if we resign Cano, Grandy and Kiroda. I look forward to the continued development of Nova and Phelps and wonder how well Robertson will fill Mo's shoes and if not who will. I look forward to seeing how well Pineda and Compos does next year.

Andy
    Kate
    ladylovespinstripes.com

37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

Quote Originally Posted by katec View Post
    Bottom line is Yankees game ticket prices are too high to pay for a non-contending team. The Steinbrenner's will lose more money by implementing frugality, as it could take a decade to fix things and it doesn't come with any kind of guarantee.
    The Yankees will get $89.250 million just from YES this year. They will not lose money.

Fantasy Baseball: Larrupin' Lou's

Thread Information