+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    NYYF Legend

Yankees Postseason Ticket Pickups and Box Office Releases

So for you believers out there it's this time of the year again for postseason tickets. Last year the presales started on Wednesday the 19th, so this year looks like the Yankees should kick this off 15 days from now on 9/18/2013. I'll post the date & times when I get them.

Also, for pretty much all ticketmaster affilated teams, they have been changing the system to pick up tickets in presales. It used to be that you would go to the ticketmaster site, put in an offer code, and then browse for tickets. Instead, teams are now making you log into your team account, then click buy/browse for tickets with a specific time appointment. If it's not your time, you cannot access the buy interface. That also means you can't use someone else's presale code. I would expect the Yankees to follow suit with that system but that is TBD.

I'll keep this thread updated as info comes in

Addicted Member

Re: Yankees Postseason Ticket Pickups and Box Office Releases

Browsing for tickets on the Ticketmaster seating map in My Yankees account is an upgrade that I have asked my sales rep for a few times. Maybe if others request the Ticketmaster browsing feature be added to My Yankees then we will have that for next year? To me that's a nice upgrade to only being able to buy from the 4 ticket options you are presented with in My Yankees or to search again.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeSTH View Post
    Browsing for tickets on the Ticketmaster seating map in My Yankees account is an upgrade that I have asked my sales rep for a few times. Maybe if others request the Ticketmaster browsing feature be added to My Yankees then we will have that for next year? To me that's a nice upgrade to only being able to buy from the 4 ticket options you are presented with in My Yankees or to search again.
    I think the Yankees have too many season ticket holders for the window. There are too many people in too many plans for that to work. That coupled with the fact that they are the slowest to change, I see the old system still being in place.

All the above comments notwithstanding, wouldn't you need to have a few screws loose to actually buy tickets for the ALDS (or possibly ALCS) at face value after last years secondary market crash during the playoffs + tumbleweeds rolling through entire sections of the field level?

Unless the ALCS matchup was against Boston- I cant see prices holding up for NY-OAK and they certainly did not LY for NY-DET
    Attached Images

NYYF Legend

Just got my presale email:

• Starts: Thursday, Sept. 19 at 1:00 PM ET

So I didn't win the pre-pre lottery. I don't think I'll be buying anything, if the Yankees are in it I expect to be able to buy as many seats as I want in the general sale later, or even Stubhub possibly for cheaper. 8 ticket per person limit

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Just got my presale email:

Starts: Thursday, Sept. 19 at 1:00 PM ET

So I didn't win the pre-pre lottery. I don't think I'll be buying anything, if the Yankees are in it I expect to be able to buy as many seats as I want in the general sale later, or even Stubhub possibly for cheaper. 8 ticket per person limit
    YU starts at 4pm. Same here - I will pass and buy better/cheaper later. IF they make it at all . . .

I really think it's funny that the ticket limit went from 2 to 8. Don't forget that this is also a way for them to use your money interest free for a few weeks.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by superyan View Post
    I really think it's funny that the ticket limit went from 2 to 8. Don't forget that this is also a way for them to use your money interest free for a few weeks.
    At least a month, I would think

I doubt they do anything for interest earning purposes. The limit is upped so they can sell more right away before the market drops and everyone can buy them for cheap.

Say they sold $10,000,000 worth of tickets @ top interest rates 1% they would earn about $8,300 in a month. Price and interest rates being really generous in my last sentence, this seems hardly worth it even at those levels.

Quote Originally Posted by jetercanotexarod View Post
    I doubt they do anything for interest earning purposes. The limit is upped so they can sell more right away before the market drops and everyone can buy them for cheap.

Say they sold $10,000,000 worth of tickets @ top interest rates 1% they would earn about $8,300 in a month. Price and interest rates being really generous in my last sentence, this seems hardly worth it even at those levels.
    I've worked for much smaller companies than the Yankees. I'm sure they have sweep accounts set up so they earn interest overnight.

It wasn't long ago when they cut the playoff ticket allocation in half for the 41 game plan. How the tide has turned.

NYYF Cy Young

I'll probably get ALCS Game 4 and 5 because quite honestly if they somehow get there with the way they have been playing against good teams, it'll be worth the money to see that miracle.

My STH presale for full strips is today at 1pm via Yankees Account Manager. Not sure I will be buying anything but will poke around. probably will depend on the "service fee"

Quote Originally Posted by BourbonMan View Post
    My STH presale for full strips is today at 1pm via Yankees Account Manager. Not sure I will be buying anything but will poke around. probably will depend on the "service fee"

You have to pay in full?

Quote Originally Posted by BourbonMan View Post

Mine was today at 11... no bleachers avail... nice grandstands in 420

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by ellsworth View Post
    Mine was today at 11... no bleachers avail... nice grandstands in 420
    How many seats were you buying? And did they use the select-a-seat?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    How many seats were you buying? And did they use the select-a-seat?
    No select a seat.. It was kind of like when you were puchasing season tickets online .. they pick the seats for you.. Gave you about 4 options to pick from

I put in for 2 seats... But did not purchase..

You can buy up to 8 additional strips.
    No Bleachers.
    $60 fee. Not sure if this is refunded.
    Pay in Full only.
    420B Row 9 was available. $750 a strip.

Devoted Member

My purchase window opened up at 1:00. LOTS of good seats in lots of locations (except bleachers). Wow.
    "Any day is a good day when you can play baseball."

Addicted Member

I was hoping for virtual venue and to be able to see what is available instead of the 4 choices the Yankees present to me at a price level.

Addicted Member

and I guess if I thought that we were going to the World Series I would not hesitate to buy the 8 best seats possible, a sad thought

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeSTH View Post
    and I guess if I thought that we were going to the World Series I would not hesitate to buy the 8 best seats possible, a sad thought
    It's like that in every sport. 5 years ago, they would send out emails to Rangers STHs asking they wanted extra strips. All you had to do is call them up and you could get 4 extra seats anywhere you wanted. Of course they didn't make the playoffs. Fast forward to the past couple years, and they don't even return your calls - forget about getting anything extra if you want playoff tickets you have to get in line and pay dynamic market prices + fees, assuming you can pull anything

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    It's like that in every sport. 5 years ago, they would send out emails to Rangers STHs asking they wanted extra strips. All you had to do is call them up and you could get 4 extra seats anywhere you wanted. Of course they didn't make the playoffs. Fast forward to the past couple years, and they don't even return your calls - forget about getting anything extra if you want playoff tickets you have to get in line and pay dynamic market prices + fees, assuming you can pull anything
    To resist my urge to buy the good locations available I googled the articles about the unsold tickets and attendance shortages at last years postseason games at Yankee Stadium. I have my seats to go to the games but I am resisting buying to resell.

Had the pre-pre onsale at 10a. Picked up the following. Doubt I'll be using any of these tickets, but who know what can happen...

Wild Card game:
    Sec 413, row 12

ALDS home game 1:
    Sec 413, row 12

ALCS home game 1:
    Sec 235, row 3

Once again.. they pick seats for you.. Plenty to chose from.. I passed..This pre on sale runs thru Sept 22...

Thread Information