+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Countdown to 89 wins - Optimists only

According to this site ...

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/MLB/A...n/Yankees.html

... the Yankees chances of making the playoffs goes above 50% (61.2%) with 90 wins. They would have to go 29-15 (.659) the remainder of the way. Probable? No. Possible? Yes.

For other optimists, who rather root for their team under all circumstances, the countdown starts at 29 ...

Last edited by Gusto; 08-15-13 at 12:43 AM.
    “Everything looks nicer when you win. The girls are prettier, the cigars taste better. The trees are greener.”—Billy Martin

Re: Countdown to 90 wins - Optimists only

Yes!! We. Got. This!!

NYYF MVP

Wholeheartedly endorse this thead.

#oddsbeater

NYYF Legend

Jimmy Dean.........James Dean..........Rock On!

I could very well see this happening. Ironically, if the PITCHING holds up. With Grandy back, the addition of Soriano, and the return of A-rod, this lineup has taken a totally different look. The return of offensive weapons also makes the pitchers at ease, if they don't feel the pressure to continue holding the other teams down to 2 runs or less.
    Roger Maris = single season "natural" home-run record-holder.

It definitely can happen. 13 games against rays and orioles. That's a good thing to make sure we absolutely catch up to them.

NYYF Legend

this WILL happen, lets keep the truck rollin!!!!!
    The real reason why the Yankees keep winning is cause the other team can't stop staring at the damn pinstripes

I'm in.

Me too.

ptcnyyfan

O-p-t-i-m-i-s-m 'till the last chance possible!

Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar

If they're going to get that far, I want them to ride that momentum to a WS win so we can get the dream scenario of Bud and A-Rod in the locker room together at the trophy presentation
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

I guess we will have to see if this offensive juggernaut the last few games can continue or is it merely fools gold? I think we will have our answer by Sunday night. If the NYY can finish the sweep (and Hughes not screw the pooch) and then take 2/3 in Boston, hell yes I am officially back on board!!! That would put the record at 65-58, if you can go 66% against Tor, ChiSox and SFG, that is 10-6, sweep Hou (3-0), and go 50% against Bos, TB and Balt (10-10), that gets you to 88-74- very very close to where you need to be.

Its going to come down to pitching- you need to be able to count on CC and Pettitte. Forget about Hughes. I think Kuroda and Nova will continue to get it done

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Fan in Boston View Post
    If they're going to get that far, I want them to ride that momentum to a WS win so we can get the dream scenario of Bud and A-Rod in the locker room together at the trophy presentation
    this!
    Mariano Rivera was so great he was able to close a Denny's.

How hilarious would that be!

Count me in.

Weekend series is pretty important for Yanks. Indians play Oakland (both are in front of us), so if we win, we are always gaining. Royals play red hot Tigers and Rays play pesky Blue Jays. And I feel like Orioles are falling apart...but that remains to he seen.

I had taken a sabbatical from here due to football season starting and how hopeless things have been.

What a difference a week makes. Just keep winning
    Reppin the Pinstripes in DC (thanks grandpa)/Hail to the Redskins/Rock the Red (Go Caps)/Joakim Noah = 2013 DPOY

28-15 to get to 90 wins (.651)
    “Everything looks nicer when you win. The girls are prettier, the cigars taste better. The trees are greener.”—Billy Martin

wow, this board has gone from "trade cano/robertson/kuroda/kitchen sink" to "WS OR BUST!" lol

go yankees!!!
    like delv, but better

Anything is possible! Let's Go Yankees!
    "The future ain't what it used to be" -Yogi Berra

With A-Rod getting the WS MVP trophy from Bud? That's insane!
    Let the kids play.

ARod and Granderson back and are showing signs of getting in game shape.
    Jeter is supposedly just a few days away.
    Between, Gardner/Ichiro/Wells/Soriano (& Grandy)- the OF is looking much better. Especially if Wells is only used in proper matchups.

Nova has been terrific. Kuroda has been amazing. CC is pitching better (the potential is very good). Andy looks mostly done - problem. Hughes as a 5th starter is not a good option.

The bullpen has been great all year.

Given the injuries and setback injuries all year long and the position they are in right now, there is room for optimism.

Realistically the chances are not great.

However if the choices are being an optimist or a pessimist - Why on earth choose to be a pessimist?

So, I think the Yankees will win 92 games this year.
    Pardon, for us.

Makes you wonder what $man had to lose by trying to find a serviceable 5th starter to replace Hughes at the TD. Now that they are scoring runs in droves, the Yanks can still win when Hughes starts but Im thinking a minimum of 6 runs scored will be necessary to overcome Hughsies ineptitude. Dont know if Betances is even an option as a starter

Quote Originally Posted by pacersyankees View Post
    Makes you wonder what $man had to lose by trying to find a serviceable 5th starter to replace Hughes at the TD. Now that they are scoring runs in droves, the Yanks can still win when Hughes starts but Im thinking a minimum of 6 runs scored will be necessary to overcome Hughsies ineptitude. Dont know if Betances is even an option as a starter
    It may seem that way, but Hughes has allowed 2 or less earned runs in 11 of his 22 starts.

The Yankees have lost 14 of his 22 starts. In 13 of those 14 losses, the offense scored 3 or fewer runs.

A better offense will certainly help win more of Hughes starts, just the way he is.

Sign me up. Hopefully some of the teams in front of us will hit the skids. Lets go Yankees!

Thread Information