+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Braun accepts suspension for remainder of 2013 season

Ryan Braun said: “As I have acknowledged in the past, I am not perfect. I realize now that I have made some mistakes. I am willing to accept the consequences of those actions. This situation has taken a toll on me and my entire family, and it is has been a distraction to my teammates and the Brewers organization. I am very grateful for the support I have received from players, ownership and the fans in Milwaukee and around the country. Finally, I wish to apologize to anyone I may have disappointed – all of the baseball fans especially those in Milwaukee, the great Brewers organization, and my teammates. I am glad to have this matter behind me once and for all, and I cannot wait to get back to the game I love.”

“We commend Ryan Braun for taking responsibility for his past actions,” said Rob Manfred, Executive Vice President, Economics & League Affairs for Major League Baseball. “We all agree that it is in the best interests of the game to resolve this matter. When Ryan returns, we look forward to him making positive contributions to Major League Baseball, both on and off the field.”

http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2013/07/2...of-the-season/

Re: Braun accepts suspension for remainder of 2013 season

Agree.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

So whats the over/under on Arod's suspension?
    "A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore."

I love baseball in general and the Yankees just happen to be my favorite team since I knew what baseball was.

Quote Originally Posted by geoffman View Post
    So whats the over/under on Arod's suspension?
    The end of time.

NYYF Cy Young

Wow... this doesn't bode well for A-Rod. Laruenzi should sue the hell out of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post

Agree.
    Damn straight.
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

With the Brewers going nowhere this season, it was a good move by him to take his suspension and call it a season. It would be a much different (and bigger) story if Milwaukee was in the mix at the top of the division.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by MoVaughnEatsAlot View Post
    Wow... this doesn't bode well for A-Rod.
    This is true.

I thought the biogenises thing would not have legs, but looks like I was wrong.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Off To Never Never Land Mr.Muhozi's Avatar

The suspension is not as bad I thought it would be.
    40 pitchers, ever, have an ERA+ of 130 or higher for their career. 15 have 140 or higher. 3 guys have 150 or higher - one is right at 150, the second place guy is at 154, and Mariano Rivera is at 205.

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Muhozi View Post
    I am wondering of this was a negotiated deal. Michael Weiner, head of the player's union, said they would recommend negotiating a deal when the evidence is overwhelming rather than appeal.

This is obviously a plea deal of sorts given that this was announced ahead of the other 20 or so players which leads me to believe that Alex is not accepting some sort of deal and is facing a much harsher suspension than Braun's 65 games

I'll take some schadenfreude in Braun going down. His smug press conference after he got off the hook last year bugged me to no end.
    “He's a clown. Guy says he's from the 209, what the ................ is that?

-CC Sabathia on Dallas Braden

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Muhozi View Post
    Always believed the first punishment should be a twelve month suspension, with the second being a life ban. If you want to rid the game of PEDs, make it hurt when someone is caught.
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

Quote Originally Posted by Chacon View Post
    This is obviously a plea deal of sorts given that this was announced ahead of the other 20 or so players which leads me to believe that Alex is not accepting some sort of deal and is facing a much harsher suspension than Braun's 65 games

I'll take some schadenfreude in Braun going down. His smug press conference after he got off the hook last year bugged me to no end.
    I think Braun dropped a dime on the others.
    Is this the end of the Brian Cashman era?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ajra21 View Post
    Always believed the first punishment should be a twelve month suspension, with the second being a life ban. If you want to rid the game of PEDs, make it hurt when someone is caught.
    I think when it comes to dealing with the union, it's been a matter of taking baby steps. I would expect another increase in the penalties when the next agreement comes up.
    If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

I love that statement by Braun. He admits to nothing while accepting the consequences of his actions.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

What a piece of sht
    EvilEmpireDC: Fans bitch about anything lol

A-Rod is toast...And I am done with rooting for this guy. Its sad, but I think the dark times are coming with alot of these young guys getting suspended.

A-Rod will not play for the Yankees now especially that basically Biogenesis report seems accurate. And in no way I want him to break the Babe's HR record with the Yankees

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    I love that statement by Braun. He admits to nothing while accepting the consequences of his actions.

And it's been so stressful on him. I imagine lying and covering up can be pretty stressful.
    If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

I am living up to my promise. I said that if Braun ever gets suspended I would say I was wrong. Sigh. I was wrong about him.
    NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

NYYF Triple Crown

Two beautiful rural acres in Windham, Maine

Quote Originally Posted by Chacon View Post

That was my reaction too. Because he was just too freakin' good to be penalized. Just like Clemens. And the fact that he got off with his lies ticked me off then, and ticks me off even more now. This guy has no integrity. How do scumbags like this actually sleep at night?
    Yankee fan living in Maine.

Don't call it a comeback False1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post

Agree.
    TOTALLY agree. Sadly, nothing he could ever do will make that situation right.

And I HATE this kind of weasily comment:

"I realize now that I have made some mistakes." Yeah, now that you got caught and can't blame someone else and their refrigerator for your results you've had this epiphany.

Just ban braun for the remainder of his contract for lying. Losing 100$million will make him "sorry" versus what, 3 million for this year?

I dont see how MLB can commend braun for coming to a settlement. Commend this guy for lying last year ? C'mon at least petitte and giambi owned up to it when caught. I can appreciate those apologies (they were pretty sincere too).

Now i am ALL for braun getting off on a technicality (thats just our system in usa, better or worse) but i am not FOR braun lying his ass off. Either shut up or own up. I would have preferred braun shut the hell up instead of being all high and mighty about the positive test. I would be OK with a quiet braun getting off on the technicality (because face it, the collector did not do his job correctly) and then apologizing with the biogenesis scandal versus what he has done.

Ban braun. And i hope they ban arod/have him medically retire. It would wipe 30mil off the books! I'm all for that!

27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

Braun makes me angrier than any other doper, including A-Rod. I KNEW all along that he was guilty, and it infuriated me that he managed to wiggle out of it on a technicality. I'm glad they finally got him. I only wish they could have suspended him for longer. If it were up to me, I'd say a full 162 games for a first offense and then a lifetime ban for a repeat offense. Right now Braun gets to miss the rest of a bad season for the Brewers, and come back fresh in 2014? He deserves worse.

Agree with everyone else that he owes his tester damages or something, as well. Disgraceful that this multi-multi-millionaire can get away with laying all the blame (and the loss of job/income) on the tester.

Doesn't it seem strange That Alex was supposed to return today the day Ryan got suspended. He then mysteriously came up with a leg injury that day before. He is obviously negotiating some sort of deal.

Thread Information