+ Reply to Thread
    NYYF Legend

Scranton Yankees?

At what point do we start calling the Bronx major league team the Scranton Yankees? The latest injury to Almonte last night made me think of this. Does anyone remember a worse year for injuries? I can't and I go back to the 1950's. If you take away Cano, Gardner, and Ichiro, all the other position players are from the minors or past their prime major leaguers. I wonder how Steinbrenner would be dealing with this? Who would be fired... Coaches, trainers, manager, grounds crew, etc.??

NYYF Legend

Re: Scranton Yankees?

Quote Originally Posted by Sixty one View Post
    At what point do we start calling the Bronx major league team the Scranton Yankees?
    Might as well do it now, since the actual Scranton team is no longer called the Yankees.

NYYF Triple Crown

I have never watched a single game ever since the season started. The only thing that's giving me a remote semblance of excitement is Pineda. When does he start anyway?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    I have never watched a single game ever since the season started. The only thing that's giving me a remote semblance of excitement is Pineda. When does he start anyway?
    He's starting in Scranton for now. Next time one of our starters gets injured, he may get called up.

But don't expect too much from him. Looks like he can't get very deep into games as yet.

Thread Information