+ Reply to Thread

Bleacher Seats Near Visitor Bullpen in Fenway Park?

I am going to the Yankee-Red Sox game on Saturday, July 20 with my family. We want to sit near the Visitors (Yankees) Bullpen. I know some Bleacher seats are very close to the Visitors Bullpen. Do any of you know what section # is the closest? Thanks!
    http://www.VoteThurmanIn.com Let's finally get Thurman Munson into the Hall of Fame!!!!

NYYF Legend

Re: Bleacher Seats Near Visitor Bullpen in Fenway Park?

Quote Originally Posted by VoteThurmanIn View Post
    I am going to the Yankee-Red Sox game on Saturday, July 20 with my family. We want to sit near the Visitors (Yankees) Bullpen. I know some Bleacher seats are very close to the Visitors Bullpen. Do any of you know what section # is the closest? Thanks!

Whichever you decide on, don't, repeat, don't wear any Yankee apparel

Andy
    Yogi is a National Treasure. Let's put him in a National Hall of Fame. The man has no peers.

Yeah, I know. I have been to Fenway before. One time my brother walked into a Boston bar with a Yankee t-shirt and he almost got his arse kicked. LOL
    http://www.VoteThurmanIn.com Let's finally get Thurman Munson into the Hall of Fame!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nome View Post
    Whichever you decide on, don't, repeat, don't wear any Yankee apparel

Andy
    I've been to Fenway while wearing Yankees gear many times and never had any problem. Some occasional heckling, but as long as you're not obnoxious, you should be fine regardless of what hat you wear.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by VoteThurmanIn View Post
    http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/bos/tic...ng_pricing.jsp

Thanks Sparky. The map answered my question.

Quote Originally Posted by pleasepassthesoup View Post
    I've been to Fenway while wearing Yankees gear many times and never had any problem. Some occasional heckling, but as long as you're not obnoxious, you should be fine regardless of what hat you wear.
    I think there was a time when you wouldn't have wanted to do that, but today a solid 10% or more of fans at Yankees-Red Sox games at either park root for the road team, especially if it's a day game. Have fun, feel free to cheer, don't be a jerk.

I have never had an issue with Yankee shirts in Fenway, in the bleachers or grandstand

Maybe in the 90s I would have said not to sit in the bleachers at either park and get loud for the road team, but both teams have really cracked down on fighting. I think in the days of video phones, MLB teams can't allow an opposing fan to get attacked in their seats by a guy who's been served at the stadium bars/concession stands for the last 4 hours, which is why they have the text prgrams and actual PD officers in the seats, not soley rent a cops anymore

Now the language is something else, especially directed towards the Yankee relievers. Not a place to bring a kid

Oops! I pooped on your things! __starr69's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yankees2010 View Post
    I think in the days of video phones, MLB teams can't allow an opposing fan to get attacked in their seats by a guy who's been served at the stadium bars/concession stands for the last 4 hours, which is why they have the text prgrams and actual PD officers in the seats, not soley rent a cops anymore
    There's a Yankee fan in Baltimore who might disagree with you.

NYYF HOF

I wore Yankee gear to Fenway in the glorious years of 1977 and 1978--the only time in my life I lived in Boston. I was always in a group of five or six classmates from NYC so we could handle ourselves. We did learn it is better to NOT sit where beer can be poured upon you from above. I certainly would not do this today if the atmosphere was like that of '77-'78, but I was young and crazy.
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

My family and I didn't wear Yankee gear yesterday but there were plenty of Yankee fans who did with no trouble at all. In the future I might when I go to Fenway. It was a great game and our seats were right by the bullpen so we did get to see Mariano warm up. Stewart's catch and DP were great!

Thread Information