+ Reply to Thread
Page 222 of 277 FirstFirst ... 122 172 212 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 232 272 ... LastLast
Results 5,526 to 5,550 of 6905
    NYYF Legend

Re: 2013 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

Now he is adding another lawsuit - This against Dr Ahmad, for medical malpractice.

I went to four games this year, I am nervous I might be next.
    Goin for 2<strike>7</strike>8!

The state whose symbol is...a pile of rubble

Quote Originally Posted by goin for 27 View Post
    Now he is adding another lawsuit - This against Dr Ahmad, for medical malpractice.

I went to four games this year, I am nervous I might be next.
    If this is true his lawyers have decided they have the ultimate asshole client and they are going to bleed him dry... it's shameless, otoh anyone who's not a complete egomaniac fool would notice he's being played...

Dating myself here, but Alex' strategy reminds me of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhjBlPucpd0

NYYF Cy Young

Maybe he is has modeled the interference defense after this...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/6...oments/page/19
    [SIZE=3]"Scooter - RIP and thank you for being part of my childhood"[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by YogiKnows View Post
    If this is true his lawyers have decided they have the ultimate asshole client and they are going to bleed him dry... it's shameless, otoh anyone who's not a complete egomaniac fool would notice he's being played...
    I know you are no fan, and that no one here has firsthand knowledge of the true situation as far as Alex, Bosch and PEDs post-2003 are concerned, but consider these circumstances that are hard to refute as far as the lawsuit is concerned:

- From the start of the Biogenesis scandal, all the leaks that have become sports media stories have benefited the MLB side and have been designed to try Alex in the court of public opinion as a liar, a snitch, a person who tried to cover up his misdeeds, a cheat, greedy and a person disliked by his teammates and everyone else in baseball PRIOR to his receiving his day in arbitration.

- This has continued into the arbitration hearing, when the latest leak of "A-Rod claims he was tricked into taking PEDs" was unleashed.

- Aside from the brief tip of the hand where Tacopina said the NYY were using the scandal to get out from under A-Rod's contract and that Hal allegedly told a doctor that he would be happy if Alex never played again, Alex's side has not elaborated on any behind the scenes happenings - and those statements did not violate confidentiality. In fact, the part about voiding the contract was open speculation among media and fans for months before Tacopina came into the picture.

- It can definitely be argued that Alex is being more harshly treated that other players in the same boat despite not testing positive post-2003, aiding in the perception that he is being singled out. Examples: Bartolo Colon testing positive, sitting out a 50-game suspension, having his Biogenesis offense treated as "time served" by MLB in return for accepting guilt and pitching for Oakland in the 2013 postseason; Melky Cabrera testing positive and going to great lengths to cover his tracks via the creation of the fake website, being found out and still only receiving a 50 game first-timer suspension.

Addicted Member

I really hope any moneys that his ex-wife received in the divorce was paid up front. Also moneys for his children should probably be put in a trust to safe guard their interests and to see that his responsibilities are accounted for. Especially since these legal fees will be insanely high. Who knows what will be left when this is done.

The state whose symbol is...a pile of rubble

Quote Originally Posted by OCaptainMyCaptain View Post
    I know you are no fan, and that no one here has firsthand knowledge of the true situation as far as Alex, Bosch and PEDs post-2003 are concerned, but consider these circumstances that are hard to refute as far as the lawsuit is concerned:

- From the start of the Biogenesis scandal, all the leaks that have become sports media stories have benefited the MLB side and have been designed to try Alex in the court of public opinion as a liar, a snitch, a person who tried to cover up his misdeeds, a cheat, greedy and a person disliked by his teammates and everyone else in baseball PRIOR to his receiving his day in arbitration.

The broad generalization is untrue, his lawyers have made tons of leaks and accusations, the facrt that most have been dismissed is becuse they are all utterly irrelevant to the underlying issues of use of PEDs, lying and attempts at coverup

- This has continued into the arbitration hearing, when the latest leak of "A-Rod claims he was tricked into taking PEDs" was unleashed.

Again, a tangential issue meant to simply mislead and has utterly no effect on the arbitrator, or the process, but is a nice distraction to people like you who refuse to focus on the issues that are at hand, not Arod's endless attempts to misdirect and deflect.

- Aside from the brief tip of the hand where Tacopina said the NYY were using the scandal to get out from under A-Rod's contract and that Hal allegedly told a doctor that he would be happy if Alex never played again, Alex's side has not elaborated on any behind the scenes happenings - and those statements did not violate confidentiality. In fact, the part about voiding the contract was open speculation among media and fans for months before Tacopina came into the picture.

LOL now you're contradicting your own initial assertion, give us a break, and again NONE of this has any direct bearing on the issues at arbitration.

- It can definitely be argued that Alex is being more harshly treated that other players in the same boat despite not testing positive post-2003, aiding in the perception that he is being singled out. Examples: Bartolo Colon testing positive, sitting out a 50-game suspension, having his Biogenesis offense treated as "time served" by MLB in return for accepting guilt and pitching for Oakland in the 2013 postseason; Melky Cabrera testing positive and going to great lengths to cover his tracks via the creation of the fake website, being found out and still only receiving a 50 game first-timer suspension.
    [I]This fixation on tests is mindless, everyone, except folks like you are aware and understand that the whole purpose of using Biogenesis drugs was to be able to take PEDs without failing tests, and you're about to find out that there are OTHER ways to substantiate PED use besides the tests. As for the rest, Arod has brought attention upon himself just as Bonds did and he has engaged in activities that others have not. Your inability to distinguish between setting up a fake site as part of an attempt to create an alibi and actually attempting to purchase or otherwise acquire evidence and actively frustrate an investigation simply reveals your own ability to understand both the law and logic.. they are NOT equivalent in any sense and any prosecutor could explain that to you.

I don't expect any amount of law or logic to sway you in the least.

[/I]

Quote Originally Posted by -tz View Post
    This is a good reading. But another reading is ARod is laying the ground work for second appeal beyond arbitration hearings. By doing it this way, he only has to win one of the two hearings, and perhaps gain some leverage in arbitration hearing itself (by perhaps keeping MLB from using evidence gained through certain, perhaps outright illegal, means.)

I happen to believe he has a low probability of actually winning this case, if it gets that far, but I still would strongly urge ARod to do this, especially if I believe his chances in arbitration are not very good.
    Last edited by grizy; 10-04-13 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by grizy View Post
    This is a good reading. But another reading is ARod is laying the ground work for second appeal beyond arbitration hearings. By doing it this way, he only has to win one of the two hearings, and perhaps gain some leverage in arbitration hearing itself (by perhaps keeping MLB from using evidence gained through certain, perhaps outright illegal, means.)

I happen to believe he has a low probability of actually winning this case, if it gets that far, but I still would strongly urge ARod to do this, especially if I believe his chances in arbitration are not very good.
    I think in the end, the Federal court will reject his suit due to the CBA and their collective bargained drug agreement. Arod is part of the players association and I don't the court will set him apart from that agreement.
    Please fire Cashman, so some Yankee fans can have hope again.

Addicted Member

Arod is gonna play next year.

NYYF Legend

^ Absolutely. His lawyers know what the are doing....................they are trying to get the number of suspended games reduced.
    They are shooting for 65 or less. Anything under 100 will be a bit of a victory.

NYYF Legend

Ah, nothing like October baseball in New York, where A-Rod once again goes down swinging.
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...egacy/2923287/

NYYF Cy Young

Wondering if the writers don't vote him into the hall of fame after he retires will he sue them?
    [SIZE=3]"Scooter - RIP and thank you for being part of my childhood"[/SIZE]

I cannot f'n believe he's suing the Yankees team doctor

Clearly the actions of a man who knows he's cooked. Scorched earth is right.

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    Dating myself here, but Alex' strategy reminds me of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhjBlPucpd0

Hahaha...

I remember in college...maybe 1990 or 1991...my buddy kept haranguing me to listen to these tapes he had of these guys who made prank calls. I didn't really want to listen, it sounded lame. Finally, mostly to shut him up, we were driving along and I put them in the tape deck...yes, tape deck...

Within about three minutes or whatever, I was laughing so hard I literally had to pull the car over into the breakdown lane. I'm not kidding...I couldn't drive listening to these things. Too funny.

"I'd like to sue you."
    "Sue me?!? ME? What did I do to you?"
    "Punitive damages heah."

classic stuff...hadn't heard it in years, thanks.

I like how ARod's lawsuit says he had a "sterling reputation" before the Biogensis investigation.

LMAO....

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/writer/...-october-drama

maybe the booing will make him sue the fans for slander

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFan1421 View Post
    I like how ARod's lawsuit says he had a "sterling reputation" before the Biogensis investigation.

LMAO....

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/writer/...-october-drama
    "Alex was a universally loved player and never elicited any reaction in Yankee Stadium prior to 2013 aside from extremely positive while a member of the New York Yankees."

Sneak preview of the legal brief announcing ARod's reverse class-action lawsuit against Yankee fans. Don't scoff. He'd do it at first opportunity if he could.

NYYF Legend

Taking this lie to the Nth degree
    help feed the hungry:

www.thehungersite.com

the only thing I really want to know at this point is how much he's paying Tacopina to be involved in this.

considering how someone like Roy Black dumped him, it must be a truly ungodly sum.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Black Sabbathia View Post
    ....Scorched earth is right.
    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFan1421 View Post
    Speaking of Sterling...."IT'S AN A-BOMB....FROM A-ROD!!!!!!"
    If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by grizy View Post

The legality of MLB buying information was covered about 4,583 replies ago. Please review the thread before posting. Thanks.
    If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by CalYankeeFan View Post
    The legality of MLB buying information was covered about 4,583 replies ago. Please review the thread before posting. Thanks.
    Why let the facts get in the way?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdvM0IB5Sbs

MICRO PASSIVE/MICRO AGGRESSIVE

I hope Arod sues me, so I can meet him and kick him in the balls.

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee01 View Post
    I hope Arod sues me, so I can meet him and kick him in the balls.
    This is getting insane. He's suing MLB. He's suing the Yankees team doctor. He's PO'd at the union and now, according to ESPN, sources with knowledge of the proceedings say another lawsuit could be forthcoming against the Yankees for allegedly "conspiring with Major League Baseball" to run the sport's leading active home run hitter out of the game.

If he sues the Yankees, I can't see him ever wearing pinstripes again.

Thread Information