+ Reply to Thread
Page 219 of 277 FirstFirst ... 119 169 209 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 229 269 ... LastLast
Results 5,451 to 5,475 of 6905

Re: 2013 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Big_E View Post
    Really? Do you have magical inside information?

I think we can safely assume the 211 will not stand...but I think the current estimates are 100 to 162 games. Not 81 or less.
    No, just my best guess. I didn't say 81 or LESS. Somewhere around 1/2 season is what I would realistically expect. If it was more than a full season, I'd be very surprised, but obviously I could be wrong.

He basically missed a whole year in 2013 and it hasn't really slowed him down. I just don't see any indication that he is totally done after this year.

lel selig
    always reasonable

Quote Originally Posted by jcarey View Post
    What makes you think he's done? I know he's only played in 32 games, but he's putting up a 143 OPS+, moving around well in the field, and appears to be healthy. And the suspension likely won't keep him out more than 1/2 a year or so.

The power looks to be around 2010 levels.

It doesn't really matter, but of his 6 HRs so far this year (all solo): 3 were game-tying, 1 broke a tie, 1 came when down 3 (during the Dempster game), and one came when we were up 6.

I think that he'll definitely try to come back and play after whatever suspension he receives. But at 38, he knows that he has to cherish this playoff run and treat it as if it's last opportunity. With his age and recent injury history, in addition to the looming suspension, there's no way to know if he'll ever again be in a position to be a major contributor on a team shooting for a playoff spot like he is right now.

I'm enjoying it. I respect and understand anyone who doesn't want to root for him, but I still like the guy and appreciate everything he's done on the field for the Yanks over the last decade. He still looks like an excited kid out there.

He was right about one thing in that press conference after his suspension was announced: the Yankees will want him as long as he can hit. I'm sure that the Yankees have more than appreciated the boost he's given to their wildcard chances, even if they can't stand him on a personal level.

NYYF MVP

Alex should have sat tonight, it would have been a good night for it.. Alex you're not getting many fastballs where you like them, at least think about stepping into one of those breaking balls, that usually split the plate... Lay off the high inside pitch, walk if you have to, but hit your pitch, and include the hanging breaker that you can hit...

We need you to be smart when you're hitting, but realize that the Yankees need you, and we don't care what pitch you hit, but lets understand that the opposing pitchers know that you take a lot of hangers.. Pitches that we've seen you launch... Play like there's no tomorrow, because we need you to get hot, get mad, and just flat out hit!!

yea i think he's suffering from the hamstring a bit. but 3 legged centaur is still better than whoever they had at 3b
    always reasonable

The Daily News never misses an opportunity to be douchebaggy:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.1459319
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

NYYF Legend

As I said in the game thread, not sure A-Rod should still be playing. The leg problems seem to have sapped his power.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    The Daily News never misses an opportunity to be douchebaggy:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.1459319
    I'd love to lead a crusade that stops the purchase of these newspapers.
    I hate them.
    “Begin each day as if it were on purpose........”—Alex Hitchens

Addicted Member

I never liked Arod to begin with so his predicament really doesn't move me to any
    great words. I don't think he's a great tragedy or villain in sports. He probably represents
    the whole of pro sports better than anybody, minus Lance Armstrong. Arod is persevering now and was probably worried for a while they would take his livelihood away from him. But, his lawyers will see that he keeps most of his contract.
    Yankee fans shouldn't be worried about where he stands in the lineup or how often he starts.
    He'll become almost invisible after the whole PED scandal/debacle clears up. I keep thinking of Ken Griffey Jr. falling asleep his last year in Seattle. That is what Arod will become, a roster filler who is occasionally asked to pinch hit when he isn't napping on the bench.

37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

Quote Originally Posted by effdamets View Post
    I'd love to lead a crusade that stops the purchase of these newspapers.
    I hate them.
    But you can't argue with their opinion...A-Rod has done absolutely nothing in the last four post-season series'. He hasn't hit a post-season HR in 99 consecutive AB. He is 12-for-88 (.136) since 2010...

So to say he "flashes his October form" when he's in a 1-for-24 slump, when he's hit just 2 HR in his last 73 AB, is pretty damn accurate.

Fantasy Baseball: Larrupin' Lou's

yea he was clearly burdened with injuries october.
    always reasonable

But you can't argue with their opinion...A-Rod has done absolutely nothing in the last four post-season series'. He hasn't hit a post-season HR in 99 consecutive AB. He is 12-for-88 (.136) since 2010...

So to say he "flashes his October form" when he's in a 1-for-24 slump, when he's hit just 2 HR in his last 73 AB, is pretty damn accurate.
    You may be right.
    But the thing I have the biggest problem with is, the only way these blood-sucking leeches can sell copy is to write a negative, backpage story about Alex.

I hate it.

Let's remember, there are 8 other players in the lineup everyday too. Never do I see this kind of venom flung anyone else's way when they're slumping.

37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

Quote Originally Posted by effdamets View Post
    You may be right.
    But the thing I have the biggest problem with is, the only way these blood-sucking leeches can sell copy is to write a negative, backpage story about Alex.

I hate it.

Let's remember, there are 8 other players in the lineup everyday too. Never do I see this kind of venom flung anyone else's way when they're slumping.
    Yes, but A-Rod makes more than the entire Astros' opening day roster. That's going to bring extra scrutiny.

Fantasy Baseball: Larrupin' Lou's

Yes, but A-Rod makes more than the entire Astros' opening day roster. That's going to bring extra scrutiny.
    It's funny that this so called 'extra scrutiny' only comes about when the team is struggling.
    Again, there are 8 other guys in the lineup everyday - not even one little side story about any of them struggling.

scrutiny does not mean criticism after a few games. it should be a fair assessment of his season, which has been stellar barring injury nagged last week or so
    always reasonable

pretty obvious that if you play him 100 games at this physical condition, he'll hit below .100
    always reasonable

NYYF Legend

With that Grand Slam, ARod passes Lou Gherig for the most in history.

Wow.

24 Salami's in his career.
    Goin for 2<strike>7</strike>8!

yes counterjinx power
    Last edited by awy; 09-20-13 at 09:37 PM. Reason: being dumb lol
    always reasonable

Addicted Member

Wow. He hits a grand slam, woopy doo. He's still playing terribly.

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by goin for 27 View Post

Wow.

Well deserved record. Bravo.

Quote Originally Posted by goin for 27 View Post

Wow.

And... Lou Gehrig remains as the all-time "natural" grand-slam leader, followed by Eddie Murray.
    Roger Maris = single season "natural" home-run record-holder.

Thanks for the win Alex. The Yankees remain alive.
    Pardon, for us.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerNatural View Post
    And... Lou Gehrig remains as the all-time "natural" grand-slam leader, followed by Eddie Murray.
    Couldn't help yourself, could ya?
    You're a stranger til she whispers you can stay.
    You're a stranger til she whispers that your journey's over.

NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    Couldn't help yourself, could ya?
    Bazinga.

I would like nothing better than Alex to play the next few years for the Yanks healthy & hit over 800 HR's to help win Championships. And... Hank Aaron would still remain as the all-time "natural" HR king.

Thread Information