+ Reply to Thread
Page 211 of 277 FirstFirst ... 111 161 201 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 221 261 ... LastLast
Results 5,251 to 5,275 of 6905

Re: 2013 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFan1421 View Post
    so Bosch, who was operating on a shoestring, was paying Arod, who makes $28mm a year, to consult for him?

Well, I guess this clears up everything. ARod was moonlighting for a guy he thought was legit.
    I think you have it backwards.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    I think you have it backwards.
    Oh...ARod hired Bosch to consult for him?

Oh...ARod hired Bosch to consult for him?
    I think that's what he's saying. Although he denied a previous relationship with Bosch specifically, so I guess they're going with A-Rod hired Biogenesis in a consulting capacity.

Unless I'm reading it wrong.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

I think that's what he's saying. Although he denied a previous relationship with Bosch specifically, so I guess they're going with A-Rod hired Biogenesis in a consulting capacity.

Unless I'm reading it wrong.
    Okay. Not quite as absurd an explanation, I suppose. Still pretty absurd, however...

The state whose symbol is...a pile of rubble

Quote Originally Posted by ieddyi View Post
    Total nonsense

Do you use some sort of Babblefish word generator set to sociological political correctness to generate this tripe?
    Hey, easy...he's making progress...this is his first post that doesn't sound like it was made from the front porch of a run down antebellum plantation mansion in the Confederacy.

Quote Originally Posted by yanksftw View Post
    you state that players used of their own volition as if that is a uncontested point. I completely disagree. A player's "decision" to use steroid cannot be looked at in isolation but as a part of a broader social phenomenon within MLB in which the culture of cheating was pervasive and deeply embedded within the fabric of the league, the teams, the clubhouses. With such an institutionalized empowerment of cheating, even players inherently opposed to cheating would be ushered towards that path.

Everything must be analyzed with respect to power relations, the powerless are rarely in position to make decisions. What we think of as "decisions" are merely ex post narrative and rationalization of responses to external stimuli beyond our control constructed in defense of our ego.

That's why I look at the players as simply victims and Selig as the culprit.

And I was not hard pressed to find out Arod was using PEDs again because like all drugs there's an addictive and dependency attribute to PEDs. I have seen too many friend relapse to believe it would not be possible for ARod.
    so I have always wondered, and you seem the informed type... When the abductions occur, do aliens really use probes.... You know, down there?

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    so I have always wondered, and you seem the informed type... When the abductions occur, do aliens really use probes.... You know, down there?

Addicted Member

Tacopina continues to underwhelm me with his legal savvy as it pertains to the inner workings of MLB, the MLBPA and the Joint Drug Prevention and Treatment Program.

Yesterday, Tacopina called MLB's issuance of a letter that offered to lift all confidentiality agreements under the JDPTP a cheap stunt and a trap set by MLB in the hopes he would sign it. He later said any such offer to drop those confidentiality agreements would have to be approved by the MLBPA and criticized MLB for not routing the letter thru the MLBPA.

MLB EVP Robert Manfred Jr., who wrote the letter, corrected Tacopina by saying that the MLBPA does not block players speaking about their own cases.

“The Players Association has never stood in the way of an individual player publicly disclosing his own drug-testing history,” Manfred said.

So the ball is back in Rodriguez' court. I'm betting he'll decline to open up information pertaining to his own case. Because it's probably very damning stuff.

I'm also wondering what the discussions about his MRI results and the culpability of the doctor or the Yankees have to do with his appeal of the suspension for his alleged PED use and obstruction and interference with MLB's investigation into the Biogenesis scandal. It seems like it's a completely separate issue and is nothing more than a smokescreen.

Here's an example:

Al's problem in his right hip was caused by a congenital anomaly- the head of his femur is misshapen and because of that didn't sit right in the hip socket . After years of use- leg drive is big in hitting, it caused a problem that needed surgery

A lot of times, the congenital anomalies are bilateral. Why they never did MRI's of the left hip to determine if that hip was misshapen also is beyond me. turns out it had the same problem and he needed surgery on that hip as well. If that hip had been monitored it's possible through rehab and preventative exercise, surgery might have been avoided
    I don't know if we can say that for sure as I don't trust whatever information is being leaked to the press as accurate from either party.
    Fire Cashman, but Hal Steinbrenner is the root of Yankee woes.

Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    I don't know if we can say that for sure as I don't trust whatever information is being leaked to the press as accurate from either party.
    This is probably the smartest way to approach all this
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

NYYF Legend

I'm a political moderate. I'm the cliche "fiscal conservative, social liberal". But this stuff is what gives social liberals bad names. Alex Rodriguez is now powerless? Are you kidding me? The guy was handed everything from his teenage years forward because of his freakishly good baseball skills. And that goes for pretty much all professional athletes.

He made his own decisions. He won the genetic lottery and he effed it all up. I'm sorry...it's insane to think he's a victim in all this. They guy is nearing a billion dollars in earnings from this sport. And he still hasn't lost a dime after probably 20 years of steroid use.
    I think Yanksftw often writes rubbish, but here, I get his point.

MLB for years ignored PED's. Teams ignored PED's, the system was rife with abuse, and it was accepted. It was not long ago at all that a failed test resulted in "counseling". Bud is making a huge example of ARod, okay, but he has been the commissioner of the league for 15 years. He was happy to watch the league benefit from the McGwire/Sosa/Bonds record chasing, until it exposed the problems.

Now, like the NFL, you have poor athletes trying to make it to a contract. What do you think they do if it is pervasive and accepted? They take PED's.

I hate PED's, and consider those who take them cheaters, who do not belong in the game. That said, I don't blame the players entirely, the environment invited them to cheat. MLB did a piss poor job for decades. I am glad that they are working to clean it up now, but they are certainly doing it in a ham fisted way.

Who knows, maybe it takes an over the top push against ARod to start making real changes stick.
    Goin for 2<strike>7</strike>8!

That statement was based on my recollection of what went down at the time his injury was found and they decided surgery was necessary- not stuff being leaked now

IIRC, they never knew about the malformation in the left hip- implying to me they never did an MRI or any other study to see if the anomaly was bilateral

Here's a statement from Dr Kelly after the surgery ( this years ) :

"Kelly said his examination revealed a genetic anomaly of Rodriguez's hip joint that caused an impingement and restricted his range of motion, as well as cartilage damage from years of repetitive motion. He said the injury was not related to Rodriguez's admitted use of performance-enhancing drugs earlier in his career."

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/stor...surgery-jan-16

He had the same anomaly in the right hip ( although the surgeries weren't exactly the same ) and they weren't aware of the left hip issue until it blew up on Al.

Seems less than thorough to me...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdvM0IB5Sbs

MICRO PASSIVE/MICRO AGGRESSIVE

That statement was based on my recollection of what went down at the time his injury was found and they decided surgery was necessary- not stuff being leaked now

IIRC, they never knew about the malformation in the left hip- implying to me they never did an MRI or any other study to see if the anomaly was bilateral

Here's a statement from Dr Kelly after the surgery ( this years ) :

"Kelly said his examination revealed a genetic anomaly of Rodriguez's hip joint that caused an impingement and restricted his range of motion, as well as cartilage damage from years of repetitive motion. He said the injury was not related to Rodriguez's admitted use of performance-enhancing drugs earlier in his career."

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/stor...surgery-jan-16

He had the same anomaly in the right hip ( although the surgeries weren't exactly the same ) and they weren't aware of the left hip issue until it blew up on Al.

Seems less than thorough to me...
    A partial statement doesn't mean there wasn't a prior MRI on that hip. You can jump to any conclusion you want to based on media reports, but I won't because not all media reports are accurate or complete especially when it comes to medical records which can be very detailed and completed by other doctors involved in the process. If a malpractice suit is failed, the outcome of that suit will be enough for me to make some kind of judgment then.
    Fire Cashman, but Hal Steinbrenner is the root of Yankee woes.

A partial statement doesn't mean there wasn't a prior MRI on that hip. You can jump to any conclusion you want to based on media reports, but I won't because not all media reports are accurate or complete especially when it comes to medical records which can be very detailed and completed by other doctors involved in the process. If a malpractice suit is failed, the outcome of that suit will be enough for me to make some kind of judgment then.
    Well, if there was a prior MRI it most likely would have picked up the femoral head anomaly- that would be hard to miss. If they had done that and didn't put him on some sort of program similar to the "prehab" he did before the surgery, then again they would be less than thorough
    Seems to me that if they had that info beforehand, it would have been noted in some press report somewhere
    If we waited on solidly verified indisputable truth before making conclusions on this board, the threads would be a whole lot smaller. I don't think I'm making any huge logical leaps here , but I understand you have different standards

the hostility from yo,. False, yoggi and ieddie puzzles me

Looks like the Yankees are distancing themselves from Ahmad: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/yanke...tFvvjURzK1ZP/0

ESPN reported yesterday A-Rod’s attorneys were preparing a medical malpractice suit against Ahmad. The Yankees have contended a single MRI would be out of context because they had been dealing with degenerative conditions in both hips since 2009, when A-Rod had his right hip surgery.

The Yankees put out a statement yesterday to suggest if there was a conspiracy that it would have to involve the assistance of not only Ahmad but his hospital. It stated: “We relied upon Dr. Christopher Ahmad and the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital for medical diagnosis, opinions and treatment. The Yankees neither had any complaints from Alex Rodriguez pertaining to his left hip during the 2012 regular season and the Yankees postseason, nor did the Yankees receive any diagnosis pertaining to his left hip during that same period of time. Given the various allegations that have been made by Alex Rodriguez and his counsel, if you have any medical questions they should be directed to the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital and Dr. Christopher Ahmad.”
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar

Well, if there was a prior MRI it most likely would have picked up the femoral head anomaly- that would be hard to miss. If they had done that and didn't put him on some sort of program similar to the "prehab" he did before the surgery, then again they would be less than thorough
    Seems to me that if they had that info beforehand, it would have been noted in some press report somewhere
    If we waited on solidly verified indisputable truth before making conclusions on this board, the threads would be a whole lot smaller. I don't think I'm making any huge logical leaps here , but I understand you have different standards
    This is from the article Mr. C posted:

ESPN reported yesterday A-Rod’s attorneys were preparing a medical malpractice suit against Ahmad. The Yankees have contended a single MRI would be out of context because they had been dealing with degenerative conditions in both hips since 2009, when A-Rod had his right hip surgery.
    Obviously vague, but it may indicate that A-Rod was being treated for both hips.

If he files a malpractice suit against Ahmad it's interesting, but a long way from conspiracy, or anything to do with his PED suspension. It's not helping his cause to look like he is lashing out at everyone now. I'm waiting for us to get a cease and desist order to keep us from posting in this thread.
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

NYYF Legend

getting back to actual performance

.319 .407 .489 .897

Safe to say that's a tad bit better than what Yankee 3B (or DH) have done pre-rod.

Doubt that kind of production lasts but I'll enjoy it while it does.

With a split DH I hope he can DH the night cap tonight with a lefty on the mound. Though if Nunez can't go that would put Reynolds at 3B and Overbay back at 1B.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Fan in Boston View Post
    This is from the article Mr. C posted:

Obviously vague, but it may indicate that A-Rod was being treated for both hips.

If he files a malpractice suit against Ahmad it's interesting, but a long way from conspiracy, or anything to do with his PED suspension. It's not helping his cause to look like he is lashing out at everyone now. I'm waiting for us to get a cease and desist order to keep us from posting in this thread.
    Yeah, I picked that up when I read the post

That's the first I read of any DJD in the left hip. If they were on top of the situation, I'm glad to learn of it

If there was never any implications made by A-Rod that the Yankees were somehow complicit or culpable as far as A-Rod's medical treatment was concerned, I think the Yankees statement would be much different-- something like "That's a matter between Alex and Dr. Ahmad. We have no comment" and that would be the end of it.

I think by making assertions that the Yankees were somehow involved forced the Yankees to defend themselves by pointing their finger at Ahmad--strengthening his case somewhat.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

Looks like the Yankees are distancing themselves from Ahmad: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/yanke...tFvvjURzK1ZP/0
    "An MRI report order of A-Rod’s right hip by Yankees team doctor Chris Ahmad from Oct. 11 — after Game 4 of the Division Series — and supplied to The Post by A-Rod’s camp, states of the left hip: “There is stable signal abnormality in the superior labrum, compatible with small tear.”

Someone should tell Tacobella that a "small tear" doesn't equal a "hole in his hip"

NYYF Legend

There is a surgeon (I believe he may even be a sports surgeon) on SoSH who regularly provides insightful and accurate assessments of player injuries before any official reports/timetables come out on them, with follow-ups through the rehab process. Here are his thoughts on the claims from Alex's camp:

By all accounts that I've heard, A-Rod never complained about his left hip causing him pain. Like, EVER. The MRI of his right hip showed the labral tear of his left hip, but, from the typical sports medicine surgeon's perspective, if you're not complaining about pain in that hip, that's a meaningless incidental radigraphic finding. There are plenty of guys playing with small labral tears that don't have any symptoms from them and 99.9% of surgeons would never recommend surgery for that MRI finding.

Now, Phillippon... he's a hip arthroscopy surgeon. It's all he does. If you're in his office and have an MRI with an abnormality that might cause you a problem in the future, in spite of current symptoms, he's going to suggest you have surgery. Same with Brian Kelly. So A-Rod had his surgery to basically preserve the health of his hip in the future, not to cure any current symptoms, at least by what I know of the situation.

So basically, A-Rod's legal team is going to suggest that Ahmad committed malpractice for letting him play with an incidentally found labral tear. I can tell you right now that is complete and utter medical nonsense, but when you look at it from a superficial perspective it becomes "OMG they didn't tell him he had a tear!!!". I know Chris Ahmad, he's a very smart and reasonable guy - I also know Brian Kelly professionally, I know that if someone told him to basically make sure one of his patients never played sports again, he would tell that person to ................ right off and would have no problem telling EVERYONE about it.

The whole situation makes me sick on a professional level - ARod is a massive douche looking to drag everyone down with him and regardless of the truth of the situation, plenty of people are now going to remember Ahmad as the guy who "screwed up ARod". He deserves better than that.
    Mo' Nut: One Smoove Brotha.

Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    There is a surgeon (I believe he may even be a sports surgeon) on SoSH who regularly provides insightful and accurate assessments of player injuries before any official reports/timetables come out on them, with follow-ups through the rehab process. Here are his thoughts on the claims from Alex's camp:
    What he said rings true, but if Ahmad never informed Al and/or the Yankees of the finding, he's gonna be vulnerable- especially when you consider Al's medical history and occupation

He also states that the surgery didn't address current complaints, but it's clear that Al's performance was affected by what was going on in the hip ( there was more than just a tear, I believe there was a related cyst and degeneration in the joint ). His hip condition was affecting his performance

He also errs in stating that the malpractice suit is based on Ahmad letting Al play on a bad hip. I think the meat of the matter is that AL was never even informed of the hip problems found on the MRI- and the problem for Ahmad is that the Yanks will testify to that

NYYF Legend

What he said rings true, but if Ahmad never informed Al and/or the Yankees of the finding, he's gonna be vulnerable- especially when you consider Al's medical history and occupation

He also states that the surgery didn't address current complaints, but it's clear that Al's performance was affected by what was going on in the hip ( there was more than just a tear, I believe there was a related cyst and degeneration in the joint ). His hip condition was affecting his performance

He also errs in stating that the malpractice suit is based on Ahmad letting Al play on a bad hip. I think the meat of the matter is that AL was never even informed of the hip problems found on the MRI- and the problem for Ahmad is that the Yanks will testify to that
    Interesting, and thanks for the further clarification, eddy. This whole thing is wildly entertaining.
    Mo' Nut: One Smoove Brotha.

Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    Nice and professional to use the words 'massive douche'.
    My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay.

Thread Information