+ Reply to Thread
Page 190 of 277 FirstFirst ... 90 140 180 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 200 240 ... LastLast
Results 4,726 to 4,750 of 6905
    Crow,Tony,Joe,Yogi,Riz,2 Joes Tifoso's Avatar

Re: 2013 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    why? shouldn't all cheaters get caught?
    Certainly. Ratting out your own teammates would tend to cast a bit of a chill in the locker room, though.
    -Lou 27 (28 in 2014)
    Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    Certainly. Ratting out your own teammates would tend to cast a bit of a chill in the locker room, though.
    the teammates should look at themselves and ask what did they do to deteriorate their relationship with Arod to such an extent that he would leak their names, if that is indeed what happened.

it's absolutely sad how Selig's machination has destroyed the solidarity and fraternity of the players. And this slow drip of inflammatory information serves only to damage the brand of baseball and crystallize the existence of collusion and conspiracy against ARod presently taking place. They are desperate to convict him in the court of PUBLIC OPNION because they have nothing solid for arbitration itself, they are depriving him of confidentiality and due process. Arod has a civil case against the MLB

Quote Originally Posted by yanksftw View Post
    the teammates should look at themselves and ask what did they do to deteriorate their relationship with Arod to such an extent that he would leak their names, if that is indeed what happened.
    You are, of course, assuming that they did do anything.
    -Lou 27 (28 in 2014)
    Totus Tuus

they have nothing solid for arbitration itself, they are depriving him of confidentiality and due process. Arod has a civil case against the MLB
    Where was this reported? I missed it.
    -Lou 27 (28 in 2014)
    Totus Tuus

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    Ortiz' use isn't really what chaps me anymore. What really made him look bad in my humble opinion was the proactive commentary about lifetime bans for PED users, that cheaters shame their teammates, employers and families, etc. That and the Masked Milkshake Marauder search that is still underway.
    Here's a blast from the past, B Globe article I think all would find fascinating.

Remy, who said he was not surprised that Ortiz has been linked to the doping scandal, said that during questioning by a league investigator last year he was never asked about Ortiz’s assistant - even though Remy said a Red Sox security official had warned him in 2007 to stay away from the man, whom Remy said was a steroid user.

Remy, 30, said he believed the questioning, conducted in a Fenway Park conference room by MLB investigator Eduardo Dominguez, lasted about 15 minutes. It seemed to him a perfunctory exercise in damage control.

“They didn’t ask much at all; they wanted to make it disappear,’’ he said.
    I'd read the article quick before John Henry takes it down. He owns the paper now.

http://www.boston.com/sports/basebal...steroids_case/
    DFA ARod.

Where was this reported? I missed it.
    you think these leaks are actions of a party that's confident in their case? look at Arod's demeanor today during the press conference, that's the look of someone who knows they have the MLB dead to rights when it comes to arbitration. Selig is desperate now, he's trying to circumvent a collectively bargained process because he's trying so hard do crucify ARod in a manner disproportionate to his crime.

you think these leaks are actions of a party that's confident in their case? look at Arod's demeanor today during the press conference, that's the look of someone who knows they have the MLB dead to rights when it comes to arbitration. Selig is desperate now, he's trying to circumvent a collectively bargained process because he's trying so hard do crucify ARod in a manner disproportionate to his crime.

We'll have to wait and see, I guess.
    -Lou 27 (28 in 2014)
    Totus Tuus

If it is true that he ratted out Cervelli, I am not pleased.
    A-Rat

NYYF MVP

How convenient that the only thing that could really make him look bad, comes to light.. So Alex is this hulking monster that went roid rage, yea he must have been really nice to someone, gee hasn't he bulked up, isn't he scary??

I would take a wild guess and say the steroids without the extreme use of weights, or a healthy body to put them in seems like a bit of a waste... Common sense would tell us that the body would change, there'd be weight gain, freakish muscles and a short violent temper..

Again he passed 11 test since 2011, and that is a good amount of test believe me, they watch you pee, they check the temperature of your urine, and they check you at random..

I'm not saying that he never did them, but even if he did he didn't add 40lbs of solid muscle, or suddenly didn't drop a noticeable amount of weight either, we're seeing and believing what we want see... I guess yelling HA, and slapping away a ball in a playoff game that we were losing is a sin..

I'll say it again, Alex is guilty of breaking down.. If he took the rap last time alone, and he never brought up anyone else,, why would he take a chance of others rolling over on him.. It sounds like someone somewhere is rolling the dice again, this time they're playing dirty..

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    Not sure if this is sarcasm, but if it isn't I'll respond with yeah they should. However ratting out your team mates is a big no no.

Mr C and YF1421 are an entertaining duo.
    Half sarcasm.

I seriously doubt A-rod would have leaked any of this. If he did it would have been the height of stupidity for more than one reason.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

NYYF Cy Young

Half sarcasm.

I seriously doubt A-rod would have leaked any of this. If he did it would have been the height of stupidity for more than one reason.
    Well, we know that ARod is definitely capable of doing a lot of stupid things
    The Bob Loblaw Law Blog

Not sure if this is sarcasm, but if it isn't I'll respond with yeah they should. However ratting out your team mates is a big no no.

Mr C and YF1421 are an entertaining duo.
    I do my part. But he just seems to keep reverting to the same old boring themes. He needs new writers. His schtick jumped the shark.

Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    What? Arod? Who? When? Where? ARod does stupid things?

I think it's just that The New York Daily News and ESPN and 60 Minutes and the New York Times and the Wall Street Journal and the New Republic and Maxim Magazine and The Albany Times Union and the San Francisco Chronicle and the Miami Sun and the Washington Post and President Obama and The John Birch Society and the Girls Scouts of America and the NRA and the National Education Union are all in cahoots with one another and out to get him.

He's a pretty balanced guy if not for all the media and shadowy organizations being mean to him.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFan1421 View Post
    I do my part. But he just seems to keep reverting to the same old boring themes. He needs new writers. His schtick jumped the shark.
    You're right. Proving you wrong and making you look foolish again and again is getting tiresome.

You are doing your part, though. You've mastered saying dumb things then getting all sandy when you get called on them. I give you that.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

Quote Originally Posted by NoodleRay View Post
    How convenient that the only thing that could really make him look bad, comes to light.. So Alex is this hulking monster that went roid rage, yea he must have been really nice to someone, gee hasn't he bulked up, isn't he scary??

I would take a wild guess and say the steroids without the extreme use of weights, or a healthy body to put them in seems like a bit of a waste... Common sense would tell us that the body would change, there'd be weight gain, freakish muscles and a short violent temper..

Again he passed 11 test since 2011, and that is a good amount of test believe me, they watch you pee, they check the temperature of your urine, and they check you at random..

I'm not saying that he never did them, but even if he did he didn't add 40lbs of solid muscle, or suddenly didn't drop a noticeable amount of weight either, we're seeing and believing what we want see... I guess yelling HA, and slapping away a ball in a playoff game that we were losing is a sin..

I'll say it again, Alex is guilty of breaking down.. If he took the rap last time alone, and he never brought up anyone else,, why would he take a chance of others rolling over on him.. It sounds like someone somewhere is rolling the dice again, this time they're playing dirty..
    Just wait....

Al in his presser today attempted preemptive damage control:

" There will be daily leaks..... some stuff a lot worse than this "

He said that several times during the interviews

Fun's just started

PS actual quote "“We’re all going to have to get ready for a bumpy road,” Rodriguez said. “It’s going to get bigger every day. I would expect bigger and bigger stories to come out every day. "
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdvM0IB5Sbs

MICRO PASSIVE/MICRO AGGRESSIVE

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    Can we see a monkey riding a bicycle now?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwexQZdrFmM

I don't seem to be able to post the video itself. Sorry. A real doctor probably could have figured it out.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Half sarcasm.

Exactly! Which is why if he did do it I agree it is not a very pleasing situation.

Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    Also exactly. I hope it's not true and I try to give people the benefit of the doubt however I would not put it past him.
    You can't get a sun-tan on the moon.

NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

Quote Originally Posted by ieddyi View Post
    Just wait....

Al in his presser today attempted preemptive damage control:

" There will be daily leaks..... some stuff a lot worse than this "

He said that several times during the interviews

Fun's just started

PS actual quote "“We’re all going to have to get ready for a bumpy road,” Rodriguez said. “It’s going to get bigger every day. I would expect bigger and bigger stories to come out every day. "
    he's pointing to the sinister elements at work.

he's pointing to the sinister elements at work.
    The Illuminati is after A-Rod now. they're taking over for Bill Madden.

Dan Brown is working Arod into his next book.
    You can't get a sun-tan on the moon.

NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

NYYF Legend

When is 60 minutes going to air this segment? Anyone know the answer to is?

Dan Brown is working Arod into his next book.
    This thing goes higher than the White House.

And the Kremlin.

Maybe even the Vatican.

A New World Order has been established and it has got Arod in its cross-hairs.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFan1421 View Post
    This thing goes higher than the White House.

And the Kremlin.

Maybe even the Vatican.

A New World Order has been established and it has got Arod in its cross-hairs.
    your reductio ad absurdum may earn you a few cheap laughs but a plot doesn't have to be high profile to be sinister.

Quote Originally Posted by aeromac76 View Post
    My reasoning is that if he wants Alex so badly punished without even right to due process, then Lackey obviously feels very strongly about PEDs in baseball and that they should be eradicated. He feels so strongly about it that he wishes to have a player give up all appeal rights and rights to due process..
    Ok fine, I don't necessarily disagree if that is his feeling.
    But if it is, shouldn't he feel the same way about Ortiz? The fact one was punished and one was not is simply a matter of timing. It should not affect Lackey's thought process on the crime itself.
    Well first of all, I don't see anything in what Lackey said about giving up all appeal right and due process. He merely said he doesn't like A-Rod being able to play while he's appealing. That's certainly quite different from taking away his right to appeal.

Beyond that, you think it's hypocritical of Lackey to have this attitude about A-Rod, but not to also want players like Ortiz who used PED's at a time when there were no penalties for PED use to nonetheless face penalties? That strikes me as an incredibly illogical.

ESPN executive: "We've got the Yankees and Red Sox game tonight, but the Sox are losing. How can we put a negative spin on the game and bring up A-Rod also?"

ESPN.com graphics guy: "I've got it!"

27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

Thread Information