+ Reply to Thread
Page 112 of 277 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 122 162 212 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,800 of 6905
    NYYF Legend

Re: 2013 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    Apparently A-Rod had quite the press conference after the Thunder game:

There's the ARod I know and love.
    If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    You really think they would pay him all that money to not play?
    Yes!

Besides not likely to perform due to age, he'll always be hurt. There is no way he's an everyday player in 2015-17. He's not that now.
    So what to do with him? Bench player or suck it up and release him.

Quote Originally Posted by grizy View Post
    Bud has to be a complete moron to even risk the MLBPA or the courts stepping in after the Federal Courts bitch slapped his NFL counterpart around. The judge in that case clearly indicated she felt the public campaign Gooddell waged was unfair and made it all but impossible for Gooddell to be anything close to "fair."

That's why NFL and Gooddell backed down. In essence, without a formal ruling, the federal judge told Gooddell he can't just do whatever he wants.

I find it unlikely Selig will want to try the same route. If this ever goes to court, which it will if Gooddell doesn't settle with ARod, there is at least 50/50 chance the judge will hear the case and ask for legal briefs. At that point every dirty little tactic Selig used to get evidence comes to light. Yes, ARod's dirty laundry will get aired too, but Selig and MLB have a lot more to lose than ARod at this point.

Ironically, it was Selig and MLB that made sure of that by leaking information on ARod and generally trying to paint ARod in the most unflattering light possible.
    Well, those "dirty little tactics" that also happen to be completely legal- as has been explained to you over and over- don't amount to squat. You really think that's enough to stop them from acting? It's already been exposed in the media already. Al, on the other hand is betting at least $60M on calling Bud's bluff. Al has much more to lose here and MLB has a bigger war chest if it comes down to a legal war.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdvM0IB5Sbs

MICRO PASSIVE/MICRO AGGRESSIVE

Quote Originally Posted by MoVaughnEatsAlot View Post
    A-Rod really sounds like he doesn't give a f**k anymore either, he was more open than I ever remember him sounding. Probably the most honest he's ever sounded.
    "ARod says we all want to get rid of PEDs"

Doesn't sound real honest to me.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE View Post
    Yes!

Besides not likely to perform due to age, he'll always be hurt. There is no way he's an everyday player in 2015-17. He's not that now.
    So what to do with him? Bench player or suck it up and release him.
    I respectfully disagree. Hal doesn't strike me as the type who would pay someone to lay on the beach.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

Quote Originally Posted by ieddyi View Post
    Well, those "dirty little tactics" that also happen to be completely legal- as has been explained to you over and over- don't amount to squat. You really think that's enough to stop them from acting?
    Legal or not, you're nuts if you think it's something the MLB wants to go over in gory details.

Quote Originally Posted by ieddyi View Post
    It's already been exposed in the media already. Al, on the other hand is betting at least $60M on calling Bud's bluff. Al has much more to lose here and MLB has a bigger war chest if it comes down to a legal war.
    You, like MLB, is misreading ARod's thought process. It's not about the legal expenses or even the money. Yeah, they are fighting over the money, but that's only the scorecard. It's about winning and not rolling over for someone obviously got it in for you.

ARod will lose (he will be suspended) if the evidence is nearly as strong as reported. But he'll take Selig, MLB, and the game we love with him. Then when it comes to arbitration, in all likelihood he'll end up with a suspension that Selig should have offered him to begin with, something like 100 games, maybe.

Then Selig comes out of it looking like a moron. Kind of like how Gooddell came out of the Bountygate looking like an overzealous commissioner. All it did was get ESPN to run football concussion specials non-stop for the entire season.

MLB reminds me of poker players that overplay their hand, go busto, then blame their opponent "how could you have done that?"

I just roll my eyes and tell them "dude, I saw that coming from a mile away. The fish don't think like us."

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    You really think they would pay him all that money to not play?
    He will be a bench player. Hes going to be a deadbeat contract, like Zito.

The expression is, "the elephant in the room". If he's seeing pink elephants they should drug test him again.

NYYF MVP

... Yeah, they are fighting over the money, but that's only the scorecard. It's about winning and not rolling over for someone obviously got it in for you.

ARod will lose (he will be suspended) if the evidence is nearly as strong as reported. But he'll take Selig, MLB, and the game we love with him. Then when it comes to arbitration, in all likelihood he'll end up with a suspension that Selig should have offered him to begin with, something like 100 games, maybe.

MLB reminds me of poker players that overplay their hand, go busto, then blame their opponent "how could you have done that?" ...
    Grizy, I've been trying to keep up with the detals regarding this saga, just as with the Soap Operas back in the day, and feel like missing a post with some detail or another here is = missing a whole week back then.

So help me understand, please?

Weren't there statements issued by ARod's people that they would settle for NO suspension -- no deal, no compromise -- and they'd fight it tooth & nail (paraphrasing)?
    The writers have been twittering so much stuff, so perhaps I am wrong in assuming this?

By your latter statement, it would appear that MBL and/or whomever is allegedly conspiring against ARod coerced him into getting himself into this mess in the first place.
    It was his choice, his decision.

It *Probably* wouldn't be so bad for him if not for that whole 2009 saga ... his Spring training press conference after having gone on the Couric interview show ... and had he chosen to go about this current saga differently.

He's on his 3rd lawyer now because he didn't like the advice the previous ones had given him, correct? Is it safe to assume that they advised him to just take his lumps & the deal, as BraunyTowelMan had already done?

Sheesh, I was rooting for the guy, too, but there has got to be a limit somewhere.

I feel much more sorry for what he's put his teammates through, 2009 & now, than for him if he were to lose everything due to the decisions he's made.

The state whose symbol is...a pile of rubble

Quote Originally Posted by ChinMusic View Post
    The expression is, "the elephant in the room". If he's seeing pink elephants they should drug test him again.
    he's sounding like he's the one getting desperate and has turned to drink... congrats Alex you've finally found a legal drug to lean on.

Quote Originally Posted by HerbieLee20 View Post
    Grizy, I've been trying to keep up with the detals regarding this saga, just as with the Soap Operas back in the day, and feel like missing a post with some detail or another here is = missing a whole week back then.

Weren't there statements issued by ARod's people that they would settle for NO suspension -- no deal, no compromise -- and they'd fight it tooth & nail (paraphrasing)?
    The writers have been twittering so much stuff, so perhaps I am wrong in assuming this?

By your latter statement, it would appear that MBL and/or whomever is allegedly conspiring against ARod coerced him into getting himself into this mess in the first place.
    It was his choice, his decision.

It *Probably* wouldn't be so bad for him if not for that whole 2009 saga ... his Spring training press conference after having gone on the Couric interview show ... and had he chosen to go about this current saga differently.

He's on his 3rd lawyer now because he didn't like the advice the previous ones had given him, correct? Is it safe to assume that they advised him to just take his lumps & the deal, as BraunyTowelMan had already done?

Sheesh, I was rooting for the guy, too, but there has got to be a limit somewhere.

I feel much more sorry for what he's put his teammates through, 2009 & now, than for him if he were to lose everything due to the decisions he's made.

His comments at the post game presser just clinches it for me. I had lost all respect for ARod a long time ago, but the stuff that he's saying is not forgivable, particularly if you are the Yankees. What really needs to happen is for Bud to get tough and get a suspension until 2015. If that suspension happens then there is almost zero chance ARod comes back. He'll retire before then.

Personally, I think they've got enough to bury ARod. I think that is why this Biogenesis scandal has taken so long to deal with.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BaylorBearYankeeFan View Post
    His comments at the post game presser just clinches it for me. I had lost all respect for ARod a long time ago, but the stuff that he's saying is not forgivable, particularly if you are the Yankees. What really needs to happen is for Bud to get tough and get a suspension until 2015. If that suspension happens then there is almost zero chance ARod comes back. He'll retire before then.

Personally, I think they've got enough to bury ARod. I think that is why this Biogenesis scandal has taken so long to deal with.
    Agreed. He's playing the everybody is against me/I'm the victim game harder than ever. Its almost Clemens-like.
    If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by YogiKnows View Post
    he's sounding like he's the one getting desperate and has turned to drink... congrats Alex you've finally found a legal drug to lean on.
    Quote Originally Posted by CalYankeeFan View Post
    Agreed. He's playing the everybody is against me/I'm the victim game harder than ever. Its almost Clemens-like.
    I think he's just playing the cards he has -- it seems like pretty classic negotiating. He knows Bud doesn't want him on the field this year, so he's forcing a deadline, and is going to try and get the best deal he can before Monday's game. MLB has been trying to get him to cave through its leaks and threats of a lifetime ban, so he's pushing back now.

The whole thing kind of reminds me of his opt-out -- he's completely beyond the game right now, and is just focused on himself. Of course, it makes a bit more sense this time. Should be some good drama over the next few days.
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Fan in Boston View Post
    I think he's just playing the cards he has -- it seems like pretty classic negotiating. He knows Bud doesn't want him on the field this year, so he's forcing a deadline, and is going to try and get the best deal he can before Monday's game. MLB has been trying to get him to cave through its leaks and threats of a lifetime ban, so he's pushing back now.

The whole thing kind of reminds me of his opt-out -- he's completely beyond the game right now, and is just focused on himself. Of course, it makes a bit more sense this time. Should be some good drama over the next few days.
    I suppose it could be a negotiating ploy but it still seems pretty desperate to me. Everytime he's tried to turn the tables during this saga its blown up in his face.

The state whose symbol is...a pile of rubble

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Fan in Boston View Post

Alex ? self absorbed ? No more so than the average centaur...

Quote Originally Posted by BaylorBearYankeeFan View Post

A-Rod is too arrogant that if suspended till 2015 to hang up his cleats. If he can collect what's owed to him, than he'll show up after his suspension to do so.

there's levels to this! ARoDfan4life's Avatar

"I wish the Yankees had a GM"

there's levels to this! ARoDfan4life's Avatar

That was some shot.... at 1:27
    "I wish the Yankees had a GM"

Quote Originally Posted by HerbieLee20 View Post

It's rather difficult to get around: 1. ARod never tested positive. 2. Braun, with a "pattern" got only 67 games. 3. Melky, with proven interference and forged evidence, got 50.

The offers being reported amount to 200+ games. That's 3 times as stiff as what Braun got and double what ARod would get for a second violation under JDA. He doesn't even have one.

The cops can have video tape, speed gun reading, tire marks, and a pile of evidence that I was speeding on the turnpike. They can still only give me a speeding ticket, reckless driving at most. They can't put me away for life.
    Last edited by grizy; 08-03-13 at 03:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ARoDfan4life View Post
    You'd think with all the people he pays to manage his life, he'd have better crisis consultants than this. It's the singer, not the song. Whatever he says his arrogance and disingenuousness is the loudest voice

" I want to rid the game of PED's", please......

Cashman was right, he's be better off no commenting or STFU'ing

Legal or not, you're nuts if you think it's something the MLB wants to go over in gory details.

You, like MLB, is misreading ARod's thought process. It's not about the legal expenses or even the money. Yeah, they are fighting over the money, but that's only the scorecard. It's about winning and not rolling over for someone obviously got it in for you.

Then Selig comes out of it looking like a moron. Kind of like how Gooddell came out of the Bountygate looking like an overzealous commissioner. All it did was get ESPN to run football concussion specials non-stop for the entire season.

MLB reminds me of poker players that overplay their hand, go busto, then blame their opponent "how could you have done that?"

I just roll my eyes and tell them "dude, I saw that coming from a mile away. The fish don't think like us."
    You've yet to explain how MLB "has much more to lose than Al" Again, exposing their tactics amounts to nothing. Paying for info- so what- in the context it was legal. Pressuring Bosch and others to testify by filing suit- whoever thought that up deserves a bonus

Al, on the other had , can be exposed as someone who lied, tried to impede an investigation, possibly induced others to engage in illegal activities, etc

Is Al the sympathetic figure here? Maybe for some w/o insight reacting emotionally, but to the vast majority of players and the public in general the prevailing thought is probably " good riddance"

The idea that pursuing legal action against Al will bring the game down is just silly

Even with the Goodell situation, which is in no way analogous, seems like the NFL is doing just fine

I do understand Al's thought process- that's the tragedy here. His ego is pushing him to possibly make the worst decision in terms of his future- that's why in a way I hope he does appeal

Fly him to San Diego right now and put him in the lineup TODAY!

The gerbil lives Zimmers' Helmet's Avatar

How does A-Rod warrant a 200 game suspension when Melky also tried to railroad MLB's investigation against him with bogus Web sites, etc. yet he only got the standard 50 games as a first time offender without additional punishment?

I just wish the rules were consistent. Bud really is cherry-picking here.
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmers' Helmet View Post
    How does A-Rod warrant a 200 game suspension when Melky also tried to railroad MLB's investigation against him with bogus Web sites, etc. yet he only got the standard 50 games as a first time offender without additional punishment?

I just wish the rules were consistent. Bud really is cherry-picking here.
    My guess at the moment is that MLB will not give additional punishment based on the obstruction. Instead, I think they're pushing on the basis of repeated use, and perhaps the recruitment/referral of other players. That way they can stick to the JDA rather than resorting to Selig's authority under the CBA, and it can be completely about punishing PED users.

Pure speculation, of course. It's just what makes sense to me right at the moment. In a couple of hours, that could change.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Forum Regular

From Sweeny's Twitter...

"Is this the look of a man who's about to quietly accept a suspension? "
    Attached Images

Thread Information