+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 277 FirstFirst ... 7 47 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 67 107 157 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 6905

Re: 2013 Alex Rodriguez Performance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by EvilEmpireDC View Post
    Has anybody thought that maybe the Yankees don't expect much performance wise from A-Rod (like I do)??

And that's why there is no real rush to have him back
    He could hit .200 with a HR every month and still hit cleanup on this team without question.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilEmpireDC View Post
    Has anybody thought that maybe the Yankees don't expect much performance wise from A-Rod (like I do)??

And that's why there is no real rush to have him back
    I think they'd have to be crazy to think they could possibly get less from him than what they've gotten at third. They're on guy number 6 there or something.

On another note: http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/stor...lay?src=mobile

Levine asked Rodriguez why he would seek a second opinion after Yankees team doctor, Chris Ahmad, had diagnosed a Grade 1 quad strain on Sunday. The prognosis prevented Rodriguez from returning to the majors this past week.

"What you don't trust Dr. Ahmad?" Levine asked Rodriguez, according to sources with knowledge of the conversation.

Rodriguez, according to the same sources, responded, "No, I don't trust Dr. Ahmad."

Rodriguez, 37, feels that Dr. Ahmad should have found his hip injury during last October's playoffs. Rodriguez struggled during the postseason, going just 3-for-25 with no extra base hits and 12 strikeouts, which eventually led to him being benched and pinch-hit for during the ALDS and ALCS. It turned out that Rodriguez had a serious hip injury.
    So maybe this whole thing isn't A-Rod against the Yankees, but A-Rod vs Ahmed.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

Quote Originally Posted by grizy View Post
    MLB, per agreement with MLBPA, could not test those that tested positive in the survey test without notifying the player first. Whether MLBPA or MLB did the notification is basically irrelevant. MLB gets the information either way.

Even if they don't have a complete list, they have a pretty big list that runs a lot longer than the names published.

And apparently, some have been leaked.
    That part I haven't read, but I'll take your word for it.

I was originally addressing the idea that MLB is being hypocritical by not releasing the entire list. I think we agree that (a) if they had the list, any list, it should have been destroyed long ago, and (b) if they do still have it, it would be completely illegal for them to release it.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post

I was originally addressing the idea that MLB is being hypocritical by not releasing the entire list. I think we agree that (a) if they had the list, any list, it should have been destroyed long ago, and (b) if they do still have it, it would be completely illegal for them to release it.
    Did you get your return phone call yet?
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

So, apparently Alex said he wants to play Friday.

Dear Yankees,

Activate A-rod and stop trying to get insurance money out of him. He would help us win ballgames.

With love,
    TY

NYYF MVP

From Link
    ...Rodriguez, 37, feels that Dr. Ahmad should have found his hip injury during last October's playoffs. Rodriguez struggled during the postseason, going ...
    Have never had a hip injury so honestly woudn't know, but wouldn't Alex have felt some discomfort/pain/anything weird in or near his hip area and had some idea himself? Like, did he go to Ahmad to examine him last year, and have the Dr. deny there was a hip issue? (Honesly don't know, just curious.)

Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    I think they'd have to be crazy to think they could possibly get less from him than what they've gotten at third. They're on guy number 6 there or something.

On another note: http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/stor...lay?src=mobile

So maybe this whole thing isn't A-Rod against the Yankees, but A-Rod vs Ahmed.
    Regardless, I think there was probably a more appropriate way to express that displeasure that his pseudo-diagnosis/WFAN stunt.

His judgement isn't always the best.
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

If A-Rod could hit .255/.305/.370 - just pulling numbers from nowhere - it would be a big improvement over what they have now.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

I agree with this actually.

That doesn't take away the moral culpability of leaking the names they did know... which they have been doing selectively.

Most likely because the media just doesn't care about most of the names. But MLB still comes off as incompetent buffoons in the way the whole thing was handled.

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee01 View Post
    So, apparently Alex said he wants to play Friday.

Dear Yankees,

Activate A-rod and stop trying to get insurance money out of him. He would help us win ballgames.

With love,
    TY
    But Alex said the same thing about being in Texas on Monday, though, and Alex -- not the Yankees -- is the one who ended up complaining about pain.

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    Did you get your return phone call yet?
    No, uh, not yet.
    - Barry Manilow

No, uh, not yet.
    Call them back but this time tell them you're theDurk.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

Different doctor looked at him this time:

27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

A lot can happen between now and then in the world of ARod.

(ARod's attorney was on the conference call. Gotta love it)

So is this his punishment for his stunt earlier this week? Or did they just decide they wanted him to be quiet for a week and not put him in front of the media at this point?
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

NYYF Legend

It's really comical at this point. Looking at today's lineup and watching our guy pitch his *ss off and we can't get past second base.

Arod
    Curtis
    Jeter
    and a retread like Soriano would be world beaters in what we are trotting out there now.
    "Well guess what? He's dead. You just signed a dead guy." --pleasepassthesoup

37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

ESPN reporting: Alex Rodriguez examined by team doctor Thursday. Yanks say he will not return Friday.

Fantasy Baseball: Larrupin' Lou's

The gerbil lives Zimmers' Helmet's Avatar

What are the odds that Bud announces a suspension by Aug 1?
    I'd imagine A-Rod will be firing off lawsuits faster than you can say "Ha".
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

Went from lets get him in the lineup TOMORROW to MAYBE a simulated game August 1st.................
    Twenty Seven and Counting.

Like.......seriously? This is becoming a nightmare
    Twenty Seven and Counting.

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmers' Helmet View Post
    What are the odds that Bud announces a suspension by Aug 1?
    I'd imagine A-Rod will be firing off lawsuits faster than you can say "Ha".
    Even if they do, he'll appeal and be able to play.

@AndrewMarchand: Source says Yankees likely to fine A-Rod, but a final decision has not been made yet.

"Due to A-Rod's decision to seek a medical opinion without approval from the New York Yankees, we are fining Mr. Rodriguez $100 million. He will begin his next rehab assignment August 1st, two days before he will "accidentally" be shoved down a flight of stairs by an 'unknown man'."

- Statement from Brian Cashman

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by HerbieLee20 View Post
    From Link

Have never had a hip injury so honestly woudn't know, but wouldn't Alex have felt some discomfort/pain/anything weird in or near his hip area and had some idea himself? Like, did he go to Ahmad to examine him last year, and have the Dr. deny there was a hip issue? (Honesly don't know, just curious.)
    Don't you remember, he said that it hurt in the hip that he had done, so they checked that one... And the pain continued so they checked the other side, that's when they found it...

Thread Information