View Poll Results: Are you Renewing for 2014?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

25 46.30%
  • NO

16 29.63%
  • UNDECIDED

8 14.81%
  • UPGRADING (Moving to more expensive seats or larger ticket plan)

2 3.70%
  • DOWNGRADING (Moving to cheaper seats or smaller ticket plan)

3 5.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11

Re: Are you renewing for 2014?

Even though I renewed for a full season I bet you that renewals are light. Wonder if there is concern at Yankee HQ that if they keep to the $189MM salary that attendance may dip below 3 Million? Do they need some signings asap to sell some tickets? Or is attendance no longer necessary due to other revenue sources?

BTW, I received an email from the Mets today with their promotional & giveaway schedule plus announcing that Single Game tickets go on sale Saturday November 23. That seems so early to me, as the Yankees do that in March.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeSTH View Post
    Even though I renewed for a full season I bet you that renewals are light. Wonder if there is concern at Yankee HQ that if they keep to the $189MM salary that attendance may dip below 3 Million? Do they need some signings asap to sell some tickets? Or is attendance no longer necessary due to other revenue sources?

BTW, I received an email from the Mets today with their promotional & giveaway schedule plus announcing that Single Game tickets go on sale Saturday November 23. That seems so early to me, as the Yankees do that in March.

The Yankees used to have holiday packs they sold in December . They also sold regular season games in December too..I remember standing on line at a ticketmaster outlet getting tickets for holiday gifts. The Yankees will know by December 6 which is the date for one payment in full .Tomorrow deadline for sign up for 4 payment plan..

NYYF MVP

I just dropped my 4-seat Saturday plan but renewed my 2-seat, 20-game plan.

Didn't make sense to me to keep both. Too many tickets and too much overlap. I'm tired of being a puppet ticket-reseller for the Yankees. It's not worth the time and aggravation.

Quote Originally Posted by Murcer1 View Post
    I just dropped my 4-seat Saturday plan but renewed my 2-seat, 20-game plan.

Didn't make sense to me to keep both. Too many tickets and too much overlap. I'm tired of being a puppet ticket-reseller for the Yankees. It's not worth the time and aggravation.
    Yup..my $21k 4-seat FS will become a $90 throwaway plan with presales. I will spend my extra time looking for last minute deals on SH with no pressure and no worries over weather and other commitments.

Has anyone spoke to their rep about new "perks" being put in place for STH? For example, better ticket return policy for unused tickets both pre and post game?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Maas_Pasqua_Pags View Post
    Has anyone spoke to their rep about new "perks" being put in place for STH? For example, better ticket return policy for unused tickets both pre and post game?
    The post-game program is worthless, it's a sliding scale of around 25% face credit towards "select" games only (aka garbage no demand games)

The pre-game exchange is probably better than last year but I haven't heard anything about it

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    The post-game program is worthless, it's a sliding scale of around 25% face credit towards "select" games only (aka garbage no demand games)

The pre-game exchange is probably better than last year but I haven't heard anything about it
    If they want a floor price on StubHub then the best way is a substantial post game credit, which will then become the floor price, why sell below what you can get a credit for?

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    Only games on that list that should be day games are July 24, Aug.7 and Aug.21.
    April 30, June 4, Sept 9 & Sept.24 will be night games. April 9 and July 2 could be either day or night games.

Great call! You guys were pretty much spot on. Most game times are now posted. Weekends were usually 1:05 starts but now listed as TBDs. I wonder if they are waiting for Jeter to announce his final year much like Mo did, so they can televise the weekend games at a later & more profitable time?

More likely Fox hasn't scheduled their games yet. I'd be surprised if Jeter would announce anything prior to the start of the season because he expects to bounce back.

Why do you think that 4/8 and 9/24 are 1:05p day games?

Why do you think that 4/8 and 9/24 are 1:05p day games?

Just in case Opening Day is rained out it will be played at 1:05 the next day like a day / night DH. The 4/8 game will be played at 7. The 9/24 1:05 start is a built in Day / Night DH *if needed. If not needed, it will most likely change to a 7:05 game.

Quote Originally Posted by Trentonstew View Post
    Just in case Opening Day is rained out it will be played at 1:05 the next day like a day / night DH. The 4/8 game will be played at 7. The 9/24 1:05 start is a built in Day / Night DH *if needed. If not needed, it will most likely change to a 7:05 game.
    So why not plan both dates for 7:05p and then play the DH as a 1:05p start, if needed?

So why not plan both dates for 7:05p and then play the DH as a 1:05p start, if needed?
    Usually there is an off day following the home opener in case there is a rainout..Scheduling a day game the next day will create more havoc if there is indeed a rainout.. If no rainout, it will be a much cheaper game for people to take there kids out of school and go to a game. for the opening week at Yankee stadium..

Quote Originally Posted by ellsworth View Post
    Usually there is an off day following the home opener in case there is a rainout..Scheduling a day game the next day will create more havoc if there is indeed a rainout.. If no rainout, it will be a much cheaper game for people to take there kids out of school and go to a game. for the opening week at Yankee stadium..
    Good point. The 2011 & 2013 opening days were followed by an off day just in case of rain. The September 24 1:05 start may have to do with Rosh Hashanah.

Quote Originally Posted by BBombers85 View Post
    I switched from 12 game #1 (had opening day) to 20 game #1. 12 game #1 had opening day, mets, and a bunch of junk. 20 game #1 gets 3 playoff games, legacy club benefits (next year is year #10 for me), 3 red sox games, and I could still buy opening day/final game on presale. Resale isn't a huge issue to me since I'll end up going to almost all the games. 12 of the games are fri-sun in the 20 game #1 plan.
    $5 ticket games just posted. April 9, 29, 30; May 1; June 3 & 17. They put 2 of those dates in each of the 9 & 12 game plans.

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

Doing 16 game Saturday plan, 2 seats (aisle) in section 210. $55- each (down from $80- last year).

NYYF Legend

anyone have their tickets loaded in for their plans in the My Account page? Mine aren't their though I don't remember if they were last year at this time
    The real reason why the Yankees keep winning is cause the other team can't stop staring at the damn pinstripes

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BronxYanks45 View Post
    anyone have their tickets loaded in for their plans in the My Account page? Mine aren't their though I don't remember if they were last year at this time
    Lol

If the season starts 3/31, expect tickets to be loaded 3/30 (if you're lucky)

If I remember correctly, the tickets are loaded when the tickets actually ship in late March

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeJimBeam View Post
    If I remember correctly, the tickets are loaded when the tickets actually ship in late March
    Being loaded and being able to do something with them, outside of listing them on YTE, is another matter.

I wonder if they are going to continue locking up e-tickets until that 48-hour window opens....

Cheers!
    -Doug

Is anyone else going to the select a seat this weekend? I just got the email on Tuesday telling me my time is on Friday afternoon. It really sucks that they send out the notification emails less than 72 hours before the event. It's going to be interesting to see what's available now after a lot of people saying they aren't renewing.

Any guesses as to when we will get our ticket delivered to us? Hopefully it is not like last year where we didn't get them until a day or two before opening day.

Has anyone changed their mind now about upgrading or adding seats now that Jeter has announced his retirement?

Quote Originally Posted by KevinO194 View Post
    Any guesses as to when we will get our ticket delivered to us? Hopefully it is not like last year where we didn't get them until a day or two before opening day.

Has anyone changed their mind now about upgrading or adding seats now that Jeter has announced his retirement?
    A a ticket holder for many years the routine is always the same - the tickets are delivered about a week before opening day.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeJimBeam View Post
    A a ticket holder for many years the routine is always the same - the tickets are delivered about a week before opening day.

That is unfortunate. Any reason as to why they do that other than "Because they can"?

Quote Originally Posted by KevinO194 View Post
    That is unfortunate. Any reason as to why they do that other than "Because they can"?
    Someone in the ticket office once told me it is for "security" reasons related to counterfeit tickets. Since we start on the road this year they may come in plenty of time for opening day.

Thread Information