View Poll Results: Are you Renewing for 2014?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

25 46.30%
  • NO

16 29.63%
  • UNDECIDED

8 14.81%
  • UPGRADING (Moving to more expensive seats or larger ticket plan)

2 3.70%
  • DOWNGRADING (Moving to cheaper seats or smaller ticket plan)

3 5.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    NYYF Legend

Re: Are you renewing for 2014?

I guess I have to be there for Derek Jeter Day.
    No Rally Monkeys, Towels or hankies
    Just 50,000 fans of the New York Yankees.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by wexy View Post
    I guess I have to be there for Derek Jeter Day.
    I don't think he's going to retire, he wants to play for as long as he's not in a wheelchair

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Portbb View Post
    Agree. 2014 can't see higher prices. Can see some sort of lowered prices in certain areas and flat in the 400's.
    I can easily see them raising prices on bleachers & infield grandstand, even if it's $1 or $2, because that's just how they think

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    I can easily see them raising prices on bleachers & infield grandstand, even if it's $1 or $2, because that's just how they think
    Unfortunately I agree with you. Those are the sections that did not have many empty seats last season. Of course raising those prices might result in empty seats next season. Maybe they will hold the line on plan holders and raise the day of game prices on those seats.

Quote Originally Posted by Stick Michael View Post
    Undecided, but leaning toward renewing my Sat+ plan in 420C, Row 12. Team performance this past season has no bearing on the decision. If prices go up considerably I may change my mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by njyankeesfan View Post
    Call me an optimist, but I would like to think that raising prices would be the last thing the Yankees should be thinking about, given the 2013 season and the fact that we are likely to be watching a team in some state of transition, with some longtime favorite players now gone.
    Agree. 2014 can't see higher prices. Can see some sort of lowered prices in certain areas and flat in the 400's.
    The Yankees have already raised priced for 2014, in a back-door way.

I was offered 2012 pricing for 2013 provided I renewed by a certain date. I am pretty certain my $20 GSO seats will be $22 next season.

Cheers!
    -Doug

i could see the Yankees raising single game prices in the grandstand and bleachers as a way to try and get people to renew, or perhaps moving to a tiered pricing model based on opponent/date. I know the Yankees always resisted that in the past but they are in a different spot now then they were five years ago

Devoted Member

Yankees Home Attendance from http://espn.go.com/mlb/attendance/_/sort/homeTotal

2013 was 3,279,589 which was 4th in MLB
    2012 was 3,542,406 which was 2nd in MLB
    2011 was 3,653,680 which was 2nd in MLB
    2010 was 3,765,807 which was 1st in MLB
    2009 was 3,674,495 which was 2nd in MLB

So the reduction since 2010 is very significant and 2014 attendance could be below 2,999,999

In 2012 my renewal was sent in early August and deposit on an 8 payment plan was due early September. In 2013 my renewal has not yet been sent, why? Because they need to have the prices set in order to mail the invoices. Must be a significant debate going on at Yankee HQ about ticket prices, attendance, revenues. IMHO, Here's what is needed -

They need to increase sales of tickets in partial and full season plans so that attendance does not continue to decrease.

I think the spread between the plan prices and the advance game prices needs to be at least 20% which then allows the plan holder to sell on stub hub at the advance game price and break even. So, a $32.00 Grandstand advance game ticket needs to be priced at $25.60 in a plan.

Tickets need to be made available to plan holders as PDFs before the season starts so they may share them via email or resell them and deliver via instant download.

Many other things to fix but this would be a big start, they need to start somewhere.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeSTH View Post
    I think the spread between the plan prices and the advance game prices needs to be at least 20% which then allows the plan holder to sell on stub hub at the advance game price and break even. So, a $32.00 Grandstand advance game ticket needs to be priced at $25.60 in a plan.

Tickets need to be made available to plan holders as PDFs before the season starts so they may share them via email or resell them and deliver via instant download
    The spread won't matter if the licensee price remains above market. Even if the advance price is $32, it doesn't matter if you're paying $25 when fans are only willing to spend $20 (as an example). It also doesn't help that the Yankees unload tickets at half price out the back door to wholesalers like ScoreBig and Groupon-ee sites

As for PDF availability, we all know how that's going to end. They want to make life as hard as possible for stubhub buyers. But I think they're going to crunch the numbers and discover how badly "Yankees Ticket Exhange" (a.k.a. lame ticketsnow with a yankee logo) has been doing. I think they're eventually going to come to jesus and re-sign with Stubhub, if their agreement with ticketmaster permits an exit. I give it a year

The biggest issue in this whole StubHub vs Ticketmaster exchange vs buying direct through the Yankees vs waiting for a promotion from Mastercard vs using Goldstar mess is that I feel a large group of potential ticket buyers (count me on this list) decided rather than go through the hassles of figuring out which site to use, when and how, to go to a single game, it was easier just not to go.

Is there any chance that they may lower prices in some sections for STH's? Maybe get more people to become plan holders. I honestly dont think they will but you never know...

I think they finally realized that they have a problem by creating their Season Ticket Retention Department and by also not having the renewal notices sent yet.

On another note, any idea when the Select-a-seat will be this year? Last year it was around this time. I asked my ticket rep and he said he had no idea yet. It seems like they have no idea what they are doing yet for next year.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by KevinO194 View Post
    Is there any chance that they may lower prices in some sections for STH's? Maybe get more people to become plan holders. I honestly dont think they will but you never know...

I think they finally realized that they have a problem by creating their Season Ticket Retention Department and by also not having the renewal notices sent yet.

On another note, any idea when the Select-a-seat will be this year? Last year it was around this time. I asked my ticket rep and he said he had no idea yet. It seems like they have no idea what they are doing yet for next year.
    They can't do the select-a -seat until they know who is renewing for next year. Last year you had to renew your tickets in September. Not so this year.

NYYF Legend

In 1973 GA was $1.50 at YS.
    In 1974 GA was $1.30 at Shea Stadium.

That might be the last time any ticket prices were lowered by the Yankees.

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by yankees2010 View Post
    The biggest issue in this whole StubHub vs Ticketmaster exchange vs buying direct through the Yankees vs waiting for a promotion from Mastercard vs using Goldstar mess is that I feel a large group of potential ticket buyers (count me on this list) decided rather than go through the hassles of figuring out which site to use, when and how, to go to a single game, it was easier just not to go.
    I agree. For the first time in a very long time I did not go to a single Yankees game. To be truthful, I dont miss it. The greed of the team and the NYS has turned me off now and maybe forever. Once the fans have apathy, there is no turning back.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanesq View Post
    I agree. For the first time in a very long time I did not go to a single Yankees game. To be truthful, I dont miss it. The greed of the team and the NYS has turned me off now and maybe forever. Once the fans have apathy, there is no turning back.
    I went to one game, on a free ticket. I used to have a Friday plan, with a playoff game each round. I also would pick up tickets for future games while at the Stadium, I'd say on average 20 games a year until the Yankees started giving me playoff games forHome Game 4, Tier 36, row X.

I did not renew, once I realized they kept the guaranteed games on TicketMaster to get those fees. I discovered StubHub the first year of the new Stadium, and ended up going to 7-8 games that year. Then I realized buying in advance was dumb, might as well wait until the day of game, to see the weather, since the Yankees started thinking 3 hour rain delays were OK.

When you don't buy in advance it's a lot easier to not go the day of, and eventually was down to maybe 2-3 games a year. This year when they decided to complicate the resale market, I just never got around to wanting to deal with it.

I was a plan holder that took the front office garbage from 96-04 because they held all the cards. But they chased me out with a complete distain for the mini plan tier holder. They quite frankly could have sold my 2 seats (U1, row F seats 1-2) for more so at the time they were likely ecstatic I did not renew.

There are countless others like me chased away, and now with the technology at home, $35 parking, $12 beers, $15 sandwiches...I have no desire to go back. Someone could do a case study on how their customer service drove away their business.

I heard they're going to lower some of the sections next year. Almost 98% STH asked for a refund instead of a credit next year. The Yankees are concerned.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RiversideBoys View Post
    I heard they're going to lower some of the sections next year. Almost 98% STH asked for a refund instead of a credit next year. The Yankees are concerned.
    Are you talking about strips?

NYYF Cy Young

I'm guessing he's talking about the "regular" postseason tickets that came with the STH plan, rather than the strips that could be purchased in addition.

Full STH regular. Not the extra strips

Devoted Member

I asked for a refund for my post season strips that came with my full season ticket plan. Then when they did not make the playoffs I sent 2 emails asking for my refund by today. No reply to either email. Every other vendor I deal with is able to issue credits within 3 business days. I will just dispute with AMEX tomorrow and deduct from my statement and next payment to AMEX. AMEX has no issue with that as eventually the Yankees issue the credit so my dispute is accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by RiversideBoys View Post
    How do you know that 98% of STH asked for a refund?

Although I was disappointed on how ultra cheap the Yankees were this past offseason(Hafner), I am up for another season of renewals. This year I only went to about 6 games out of the 12 games in my plan and part of it was due to travel this year. Also, on the 12 game plan with opening day, most of the games were in the first half of the season, so there was barely anything in the 2nd half. I hope we get some breaks this offseason, we need it.

Does anyone have any word when the seat relocation event will be or when we are going to be getting invoiced for next year? This time last year we already did the seat relocation and were invoiced and on payment plans. I've had no communication at all from my ticket rep.

Does anyone have any word when the seat relocation event will be or when we are going to be getting invoiced for next year? This time last year we already did the seat relocation and were invoiced and on payment plans. I've had no communication at all from my ticket rep.

It looks like they might be going back to the old way.. Invoices in November due in January, and 3 month pay plan..Back in the day there was no select a seat,, you wanted an upgrade your rep called you with locations..

Just got an email from my new rep, introducing herself and letting me know that she will be my POC for my interaction with the team.... it reads just like the last one I got from my rep.

Lovely. I wonder if George's ghost fired everyone in the ticket office and is looking to start anew, or my old rep just had enough and left...

Doesn't change a thing for me, though...

Cheers!
    -Doug

Quote Originally Posted by dstoffa View Post
    Just got an email from my new rep, introducing herself and letting me know that she will be my POC for my interaction with the team.... it reads just like the last one I got from my rep.

Lovely. I wonder if George's ghost fired everyone in the ticket office and is looking to start anew, or my old rep just had enough and left...

Doesn't change a thing for me, though...

Cheers!
    -Doug
    Who is your new rep and who was your old one? I have had three last season. That being said, I never called about anything, just got juggled around.

Thread Information