View Poll Results: Are you Renewing for 2014?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

25 46.30%
  • NO

16 29.63%
  • UNDECIDED

8 14.81%
  • UPGRADING (Moving to more expensive seats or larger ticket plan)

2 3.70%
  • DOWNGRADING (Moving to cheaper seats or smaller ticket plan)

3 5.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Are you renewing for 2014?

I am curious to see if people know if they are renewing for 2014 yet. There have been a lot of complaints about the Yankees this year and I was curious. So I wanted to start this poll.

Re: Are you renewing for 2014?

I am in the grandstand now and I think I am going to try to move somewhere in the 300's.

NYYF Legend

I will renew
    The real reason why the Yankees keep winning is cause the other team can't stop staring at the damn pinstripes

Since I didn't renew for '13, kind of moot... BUT- if they offer a 9 game plan that ISN'T 6 or 7 day games, OR they offer that 9 game flex plan earlier, I would consider re-upping again.
    "Bacon, The Candy of Meats"

Quote Originally Posted by RayG View Post
    Since I didn't renew for '13, kind of moot... BUT- if they offer a 9 game plan that ISN'T 6 or 7 day games, OR they offer that 9 game flex plan earlier, I would consider re-upping again.
    Will renew my seats in 113. Resale for about face or greater has been much easier this year due primarily to the spread of STH vs Advanced ($120 vs $175) and the relatively few field infield regular listings on Stubhub and the fact the next section over (114A) is $175/225 It seems that section 112 has seen almost complete abandonment of season ticket holders

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

I will be renewing my 12 game package.

I probably will - I am in 217 (low row) and have had a lot of success thus far in getting near face on SH. Sold 31 games thus far and in the black. I have 5-10 more games left to attend / sell from August on. I do have a partner that takes 1/3 season for his business.

I guess the low row and being next to the overpriced Delta suite helps.

I will renew my 1 seat, 9 game plan in the bleachers.

I'll keep my single game 9 game plan ticket. Between the Jay Z concert presales and Opening Day presales I made a lot more than the cost of that single ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees51 View Post
    I'll keep my single game 9 game plan ticket. Between the Jay Z concert presales and Opening Day presales I made a lot more than the cost of that single ticket.
    I'm in the same boat as you with the single ticket in the 9 game plan. I made money on the Jay Z concert, but if you don't count what I made the first week, I've been netting $15 per seat. That's hardly worth the risk of what I had to put up. I still have 5 seats to unload.

I didn't bother with Opening Day because of how soft the market has been in the past. I'll probably renew, simply because it's only $90.

NYYF Cy Young

So far all of the replies are renewing. Seems that the people (myself included) who were going to drop plans have dropped.

I will be renewing my $20 YU.

I will renew my 9 game plan in 312 (shady side of stadium). It is just enough games, cost effective and I was able to resell this Thursday's game at a modest profit on YTE, which I was pleasantly surprised with.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Flushing Roots View Post
    I will renew my 9 game plan in 312 (shady side of stadium). It is just enough games, cost effective and I was able to resell this Thursday's game at a modest profit on YTE, which I was pleasantly surprised with.
    Im in 312 on Sundays...
    No Rally Monkeys, Towels or hankies
    Just 50,000 fans of the New York Yankees.

Addicted Member

All these renewals don't add up to much revenue for the Yankees. Maybe someone will add it all up.

Quote Originally Posted by BourbonMan View Post
    Will renew my seats in 113. Resale for about face or greater has been much easier this year due primarily to the spread of STH vs Advanced ($120 vs $175) and the relatively few field infield regular listings on Stubhub and the fact the next section over (114A) is $175/225 It seems that section 112 has seen almost complete abandonment of season ticket holders

Any idea on pricing for your section for 2014? I think your $125 face was a special one year thing. Not just your section, but across the board.

Quote Originally Posted by yonik21 View Post
    Any idea on pricing for your section for 2014? I think your $125 face was a special one year thing. Not just your section, but across the board.
    section 113 started out at $100 STH price in 2009 and they bumped it to $110 and then to $120. buying "in season" this year, they bumped it up to $125, but I would imagine they will keep it at $120, at least for an early renewal in September. My question would be what they do with pricing in 114A / B which is currently $175 each for STH. If they bumped that down to $150, I could see more people taking tickets in those sections

based on the "season ticket holder" survey I filled out last week, the Yankees are at least considering a more dynamic pricing model (premium game vs value game) as that was a choice when presented with options as to what I wanted most as a STH

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by BourbonMan View Post
    section 113 started out at $100 STH price in 2009 and they bumped it to $110 and then to $120. buying "in season" this year, they bumped it up to $125, but I would imagine they will keep it at $120, at least for an early renewal in September. My question would be what they do with pricing in 114A / B which is currently $175 each for STH. If they bumped that down to $150, I could see more people taking tickets in those sections

based on the "season ticket holder" survey I filled out last week, the Yankees are at least considering a more dynamic pricing model (premium game vs value game) as that was a choice when presented with options as to what I wanted most as a STH
    Would going that route result in an overall net price decrease for a Full STH? I would think that Sat and Sun plans would see a price increase under this model since most of those games would be a more premium game.

BTW, Dynamic pricing is not the same as Tiered pricing.

It mostly depends on the roster moves they make for next season. Its an hour commute and I dont have any desire to make the trip lately to see this team.

I am hoping they do well in the post season so that I can make a decent profit to pay for a better seat location next year.

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by KevinO194 View Post
    I am hoping they do well in the post season so that I can make a decent profit to pay for a better seat location next year.
    I am hoping they do well in the post season so I can sit in my seats at all the World Series games!

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by KevinO194 View Post
    How about they just make the postseason? Because outside of that first month, they have looked far from a playoff team.
    http://twitter.com/NYMoot
    http://nyystarsandpinstripes.blogspot.com

The Yankee season ticket holder base consists of so many brokers, amateur brokers and fair weather fans. That translates to fair weather fans that will drop seats without thinking about it.

2008 didn't really count because the new stadium was opening up in 2009 and it was exciting. If the Yankees have one or two years of not making the playoffs, tons of brokers are going to drop their seats. I have a pretty good feeling that this will be the first year they don't make it.

NYYF Triple Crown

Reading this thread so far and the forum in general, it sounds like "the battle lines have stabilized" a bit, so to speak.

Many of those that have decided to get out have already done so in large part, maybe with only a few more hanging on that are still on the fence for next season.

Seems like most that have survived the 2010, 2011, and 2012 off seasons to this point with their plans still intact (or at least downgraded versions of what they once had) are going to stick with what they have because they have found "niche" scenarios that suit their needs, for examples: single seat 9-games just to keep postseason opportunities and non-baseball event potential profit-making; or other partial plans where people are lucky enough to be able to use some/sell some/partner with some to justify the plan financially and practically.

There doesn't yet seem to be any noteworthy representation of full season planholders checking in here with plans to either keep what they have or actually try to upgrade what they have currently. So far the majority of the keepers here have been partials that are able to go to games and successfully "recover" on what they don't use, or single seats in the tiniest plans in the hopes that they will end up +1 on the deal by cashing in on a WS appearance or non-baseball event re-selling opportunities for potential profit.

As another poster pointed out earlier, this can't be good news for the Yankees from a revenue earning standpoint. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out. The possible introduction of some kind of dynamic pricing model will definitely create a lot of buzz as to how this will affect everyone if it ever happens. In keeping with Yankee tradition, if they do decide on a dynamic pricing model, I can totally see them intentionally not rolling out the details until after next season's STH payment deadlines have passed, so those that still decide to stay will have to commit and just trust that whatever the front office comes up with isn't a total screw job for them.
    Jimmy G. (Seniority 03/28/1994)
    1994-2008: Main Res MVP Sec. 14, Row G
    2009: Section 330, Row 6
    2010: Section 233A, Row 20
    2011: Section 229, Row 16 *All Sunday Plans*
    2012: No longer STH, liberated!

Quote Originally Posted by StingrayJG View Post
    There doesn't yet seem to be any noteworthy representation of full season planholders checking in here with plans to either keep what they have or actually try to upgrade what they have currently. So far the majority of the keepers here have been partials that are able to go to games and successfully "recover" on what they don't use, or single seats in the tiniest plans in the hopes that they will end up +1 on the deal by cashing in on a WS appearance or non-baseball event re-selling opportunities for potential profit
    Believe BourbonMan and jp56 have fairly solid seats - not certain - but think they might both be full season. I'm renewing my full season; 2 sets, one near BourbonMan, another better. So there's all types of folk...checking in or not...

Dropped my full season in Section 420B last year and will almost certainly drop my Saturday plan in the bleachers after this year.

Thread Information