+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 66 FirstFirst ... 18 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 38 ... LastLast
    NYYF MVP

Re: 2013 Hot Stove/ Trade Rumors Thread

Sorry if this is a stupid question but does anyone think the Yankees (wisely) have been hesitant on pulling the trigger on any big moves until this Biogenbull................ has passed?

It's been frustrating as all heck with some of the "DFAs" who have passed through so far, but with that ................storm looming, can't say I'd blame any team for not pulling their respective triggers this year. Methinks Cash's hands have been tied, thus the abundance of "no risk" aquisitions/fill-ins this year.
    With 2 of our present players already "named", there is no margin for error.

(The .......s are the censor, apparently. ).
    He'll never get another milestone like that one. So what? His whole career is a milestone. - JL25and3

121st Street & a On The End Ave.

NYYF Legend

The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

Quote Originally Posted by teknetic View Post
    I'm pretty sure I didn't call Hughes useless? Nunez, however, is. Unless there's some market out there for a guy who posted a .680 OPS in the mL and has, unsurprisingly, been just as awful in the majors.

What I'm getting at is that Nunez is kinda bad and some Yankee fans think otherwise because he's homegrown and those guys are apparently the exception.
    Like you, I don't see the beauty of Nunez - he has been touted as having "pop" in his bat - where? 33 career HR in the minors, with a high of 9 in a season????

I don't see any real value for Nunez in the trade market myself - he could certainly be a piece, but not a centerpiece.
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

Quote Originally Posted by HerbieLee20 View Post
    Sorry if this is a stupid question but does anyone think the Yankees (wisely) have been hesitant on pulling the trigger on any big moves until this Biogenbull................ has passed?

It's been frustrating as all heck with some of the "DFAs" who have passed through so far, but with that ................storm looming, can't say I'd blame any team for not pulling their respective triggers this year. Methinks Cash's hands have been tied, thus the abundance of "no risk" aquisitions/fill-ins this year.
    With 2 of our present players already "named", there is no margin for error.

(The .......s are the censor, apparently. ).
    I dont think that is affecting anything I think if a trade was there to make Cash would've made it. That said this early not many trades are made as a lot of teams are still trying to determine whether to buy or sell and the ones committed to selling know that until more sellers enter its a sellers market and they can dictate prices if a buyer is anxious to make a deal.

With or without ARod I think the Yankees would love to acquire a 3B because even if he does return ARod is going to need some days off. Cervelli is out for a while his tie to the biogensis would not prevent the Yankees from going after a C.

Quote Originally Posted by teknetic View Post
    No one is trading anything of quality for spare/useless parts. It's kinda crazy people still think like this.
    First off, Indians are only making this trade for Hughes if they know they can sign him to an extension before free agency. Secondly, Yankees would have to give up a legit top prospect for Asdrubal. Nunez is just a throw-in piece, really. It's not a bad trade

That being said, Yankees would not be able to sustain the $189M mark for next year if we were to acquire Asdrubal. Plus Indians desperately need pitching so Nova may also have to get involved. Meh, it would be tough for sure but would be a great pickup

Ken Williams gave Thornton to the Red Sox.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee01 View Post
    That being said, Yankees would not be able to sustain the $189M mark for next year if we were to acquire Asdrubal. Plus Indians desperately need pitching so Nova may also have to get involved. Meh, it would be tough for sure but would be a great pickup
    I am doubting we get the under $189 next year (unless we let Cano go).
    Speak softly but carry a big stick.

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    Yea, basically a salary dump.

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    Williams isn't the White Sox GM anymore...
    Mariano Rivera was so great he was able to close a Denny's.

NYYF Triple Crown

Two beautiful rural acres in Windham, Maine

Quote Originally Posted by DJ27 View Post
    If that's true, then they basically punted this year because the entire structure and approach to putting together this roster has been with that $189 goal in mind. It would be a little strange if they suddenly said never mind. By the way, props to Girardi for keeping this team in the race as he has.
    Yankee fan living in Maine.

Quote Originally Posted by apalradio View Post
    If that's true, then they basically punted this year because the entire structure and approach to putting together this roster has been with that $189 goal in mind. It would be a little strange if they suddenly said never mind. By the way, props to Girardi for keeping this team in the race as he has.
    I don't think it's strange at all. With all of their injuries and a lineup devoid of star position players outside of Cano, they have taken a significant hit at the turnstiles and in their TV ratings which will eventually affect advertising dollars.

You think possibly having a less competitive team next year would stop that decreasing revenue trend? It would most likely accelerate it. Also, it's been whisper about that those reported savings getting under the threshold might not be as lucrative as they originally thought it would be.

Personally, I hope they stick to the 189M plan as they need to turn the page on the dynasty teams and move forward getting younger and rebuilding their roster.
    Is this the end of the Brian Cashman era?

Quote Originally Posted by apalradio View Post
    I don't think that would be the intention as much as seeing a guy who they realistically just couldn't pass up on. My guess is $189 mil is still the goal but they're willing to be less rigid if it means snagging someone (or re-signing someone) they simply have to have.

there's levels to this! ARoDfan4life's Avatar

rumors out of Chicago. Yankees are interested in Alex Rios. This happens I'm betting Granderson is getting traded.
    "I wish the Yankees had a GM"

Quote Originally Posted by ARoDfan4life View Post
    rumors out of Chicago. Yankees are interested in Alex Rios. This happens I'm betting Granderson is getting traded.

That contract is yuck city.

Quote Originally Posted by ElDandy View Post
    That contract is yuck city.
    Granderson's future? I agree.

Rios has a club opt. in 2015. So this would actually be better than keeping Granderson. And if this happens, we can trade Curtis somewhere and get something w/o losing too much of the future and actually gain future flexibility.

Granderson's future? I agree.

Rios has a club opt. in 2015. So this would actually be better than keeping Granderson. And if this happens, we can trade Curtis somewhere and get something w/o losing too much of the future and actually gain future flexibility.
    Granderson isn't going anywhere except free agency in November. Also, Rios has a short no-trade list and the Yankees are on it which means they will have to pick up his club opt. for him to waive his no trade.
    Is this the end of the Brian Cashman era?

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    Granderson isn't going anywhere except free agency in November. Also, Rios has a short no-trade list and the Yankees are on it which means they will have to pick up his club opt. for him to waive his no trade.
    still shorter issues than holding onto Grandy.

Rios can always waive it. Rios can get traded in 2015 if we have him. Granderson is still attractive to an NL team. Yeh I like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ElDandy View Post
    Warren is the epitome of organizational filler though. Morales makes this team substantially better over the short term and long term, health permitting.
    I doubt Seattle would be interested in more organizational filler.

Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar

Fistpumping like a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ27 View Post
    What am I missing here? Unless you think Cano is going to get 30+ million AAV, it is completely possible to get under 189.

Quote Originally Posted by just-blaze View Post
    I didn't stutter.

I didn't stutter.
    If only you had.....it might have made more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by just-blaze View Post
    If only you had.....it might have made more sense.
    what makes sense in overpaying Grandy and not trading him before letting him go?

what makes sense in overpaying Grandy and not trading him before letting him go?
    What sense is there in trading for Rios?

Hmmm....can't tell if serious.

I don't know if you think he is currently overpaid from the team friendly contract we got him on.

Or that we are going to overpay him this off season.

Or that Rios is a better option.

Or that any team will trade for a player who hasn't even started his minor league rehab from a second injury incurred this season.

I assure you that all of the above is false.

Thread Information