+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 66 FirstFirst ... 16 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 36 ... LastLast

Re: 2013 Hot Stove/ Trade Rumors Thread

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 1m
    Source: The #Phillies are NOT one of the teams pursuing the #Yankees’ Joba Chamberlain.
    Thank you for making me calm today, Brett Gardner

As I said last week, package Hughes and Joba to the Angels for Mark Trumbo. The Angels have hitting out the wazoo and Trumbo is expendable, its pitching they desperately need, otherwise all the hitting in the world is not doing them much good.

Just to be clear, I realize it might take more than just Hughes and Joba, thus the word "package"

Maybe we add Nova or Phelps to the deal, and that should definitely do it.
    "Owning the Yankees is like owning the Mona Lisa." -- George M. Steinbrenner III

"I'm sure they'd like to show him the door," one other rval exec said about the once-ballyhooed Chamberlain. "They may trade him for a pine-tar rag."

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/jo...s-for-a-hitter

Its too bad Ryan Howard got hurt, otherwise we probably could have him for Hughes.

How bout Hughes, Pehlps or Nova (their choice), Chamberlain and Brett Gardner to Philly for Dominic Brown and Ryan Howard?

Brown can start right away and Howard can start at 1B when he's back in four or five weeks.
    "Owning the Yankees is like owning the Mona Lisa." -- George M. Steinbrenner III

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Battingly View Post
    Its too bad Ryan Howard got hurt, otherwise we probably could have him for Hughes.
    You could probably have Howard just by paying that godawful contract.

How bout Hughes, Chamberlain and Brett Gardner to Philly for Dominic Brown?
    I think the Philly would be laughing at this. You are basically offering Gardner for Brown.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper

I think the Philly would be laughing at this. You are basically offering Gardner for Brown.
    You responded too quickly, thats why I revised it and added Phelps or Nova, because I looked at it after I posted it and realized it wasn't enough.

We're not getting Domonic Brown for that. Quantity doesn't equal quality.

I read on CBS that Hughes was on the block for a bat and the Angels have always been interested. I'd be happy for anything he would bring in return that would help this lineup.

If somehow your suggestion of Hughes and Joba came true and Trumbo came in return I would bust a nut. I still don't think that is happening. It's a bad trade for them and IMO a ridiculous proposal. Again, no matter what you package in quantity does NOT equal quality. You can't just keep piling on crap and expect it to benefit the other team.
    Please sign David Robertson and Chase Headley.

You responded too quickly, thats why I revised it and added Phelps or Nova, because I looked at it after I posted it and realized it wasn't enough.
    Dude, you're just throwing random names together without thinking of anything. Ryan Howard? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by teknetic View Post
    Dude, you're just throwing random names together without thinking of anything. Ryan Howard? Really?
    Has anyone taken a post of his seriously in the last 2-3 years?

Quote Originally Posted by snapple View Post
    Has anyone taken a post of his seriously in the last 2-3 years?
    I think all these proposals should be put on the air for Francessa to evaluate. His one good trait it letting people know how ridiculous their trade offers are and I find it entertaining.
    Please sign David Robertson and Chase Headley.

Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesrule2000 View Post
    .158 .238obp .431ops
    Sounds like he'd fit right in.
    Fistpumping like a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by metalboy15 View Post
    What does it take to equal - or exceed - the value of a #30-something draft pick?
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

NYYF Legend

Unless the Phills value on Phelps/Nova is way above what I think it is I still think they hang up very quickly.
    Baseball is life;

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by teknetic View Post
    Who has a worse contract, Howard or Teixiera? And Battingly wants the Yanks to have both?
    Baseball is life;

Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    What does it take to equal - or exceed - the value of a #30-something draft pick?
    I'm guessing GMs overvalue the potential of those picks. Too bad you can't trade them.

For fun, I pulled up the 2008 draft (5 years ago)... look at the stellar list of "can't miss" supplemental picks:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Ma...Baseball_Draft
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

I'm all for trading Hughes and Chamberlain, but not for a bat that only helps us short term, get a prospect or a young player back. Lets be honest with ourselves, this isn't a World Series team, Micheal Young isn't putting us over the top.

Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 21stAmendment View Post
    I'm all for trading Hughes and Chamberlain, but not for a bat that only helps us short term, get a prospect or a young player back. Lets be honest with ourselves, this isn't a World Series team, Micheal Young isn't putting us over the top.
    No, but there's value to the owners in making the playoffs, and that's still a possibility
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

NYYF Legend

But Hughes & Chaimberlain are easily replaced internally, a bat for the rest of the year is not. Realistically what kind of young player or prospect do you expect to get for a starter making $7M with a 90 ERA+ or a reliever with a 5+ ERA?

The best deal is likely to be surplus arm to team with surplus bat.
    Baseball is life;

World Series teams are teams that got to the playoffs and got hot.

NYYF Legend

Hughes and Chamberlain are exactly the type of players to trade for help this year. Neither are going to be on this team next year and both are replaceable. Young in a vacuum may not seem like an "impact" player but he is an instant and significant upgrade to what we have gotten out of the 3B position and RH DH role this year.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

*Logs in and sees Ryan Howard talk...promptly logs back off*
    Reppin the Pinstripes in DC (thanks grandpa)/Hail to the Redskins/Rock the Red (Go Caps)/Joakim Noah = 2013 DPOY

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    Hughes and Chamberlain are exactly the type of players to trade for help this year. Neither are going to be on this team next year and both are replaceable. Young in a vacuum may not seem like an "impact" player but he is an instant and significant upgrade to what we have gotten out of the 3B position and RH DH role this year.
    Hell, I want him just so I can watch a game and be a little entertained
    Reppin the Pinstripes in DC (thanks grandpa)/Hail to the Redskins/Rock the Red (Go Caps)/Joakim Noah = 2013 DPOY

Quote Originally Posted by snapple View Post
    World Series teams are teams that got to the playoffs and got hot.
    Forever an optimist bro. I like that about you

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by EvilEmpireDC View Post
    Forever an optimist bro. I like that about you
    He's right though. The Giants were a very good team last year with a bunch of holes. Fell behind 0-2 (at home no less) to a very good Reds team, then despite getting 1 hit managed to win 3 straight against Reds and went on to win the WS. Get in and it can be a crap shoot.
    Baseball is life;

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    He's right though. The Giants were a very good team last year with a bunch of holes. Fell behind 0-2 (at home no less) to a very good Reds team, then despite getting 1 hit managed to win 3 straight against Reds and went on to win the WS. Get in and it can be a crap shoot.
    But the 2012 Giants do not equal the 2013 Yankees with an AAA lineup, praying for the resurgence of injured 35+ year olds.

This team isn't winning a chip this year dude.

Thread Information