+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 63 ... LastLast
    there's levels to this! ARoDfan4life's Avatar

Re: 2013 Hot Stove/ Trade Rumors Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jax Teller View Post
    Dude has a career .267 SLG%. Why do you want him?
    I got David Adams that needs to go back down to AAA.

I got Navarro who is a uty. He's hitting .286 in his last 10 gms. and w/ RISP a .574 in a small sample. He's not a world beater but an improvement to Adams and maybe Nix to a point.
    "I wish the Yankees had a GM"

If I'm Ca$hmoney, do I dangle Joba and Logan to see what I can get?
    EvilEmpireDC: Fans bitch about anything lol

Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ARoDfan4life View Post

I got Navarro who is a uty. He's hitting .286 in his last 10 gms. and w/ RISP a .574 in a small sample. He's not a world beater but an improvement to Adams and maybe Nix to a point.
    Based on his last 10 games? No thanks.
    Fistpumping like a champion.

Andrew Marchand ‏@AndrewMarchand 40s Prez Levine said the Yanks could add payroll at the deadline. "We're the Yankees," he said.

obnoxious.

NYYF Legend

The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

Quote Originally Posted by Jax Teller View Post
    Andrew Marchand ‏@AndrewMarchand 40s Prez Levine said the Yanks could add payroll at the deadline. "We're the Yankees," he said.

obnoxious.
    And, yet, this approach is exactly what the fan base wants to hear out of the Yankees.
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

Quote Originally Posted by snapple View Post
    If Logan is as undervalued around MLB as he is on these boards, hopefully not.

I don't think we're sellers yet. I don't think Joba serves a valuable role on this team right now and would trade him if the return was decent, but his value can't get much lower than it currently is.

Don't call it a comeback False1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by longtimeyankeefan View Post
    And, yet, this approach is exactly what the fan base wants to hear out of the Yankees.
    Well, I mean in that context I want to hear it too. As long as it doesn't mean giving up potential impact prospects to get a rental, or taking on another exorbitant long term deal to give a team that would hamstring this team in subsequent years without materially changing this team's fortunes this year or next.

Carlos Marmol DFA.

Quote Originally Posted by jcarey View Post
    Carlos Marmol DFA.
    Hmmm... at the right price, a Marmol/Rothschild reunion might be interesting.

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

We aren't even close to being sellers. And I would be shocked if between now and July 31 we would be.

Marmol would be an awful pickup.
    NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

Quote Originally Posted by snapple View Post
    A few crickets may be about all you get.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    A few crickets may be about all you get.
    Chamberlain for Marmol. I wouldn't notice the difference.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    Chamberlain for Marmol. I wouldn't notice the difference.
    Honestly I'd rather have Chamberlain. You know what he is and he's nothing more. Marmol has always had this ridiculous talent and expectations but there's a reason he's lost his job 3 times a season since he's been in the majors and now he's been released.
    He s-u-c-k-s.

I say we dangle Hughes out there as well. His terrible two months is a secret. No one else has noticed except Yankee fans. Everyone else still sees him as that awesome talent that has a bright career. It's easy to put one over on people!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    Well, I mean in that context I want to hear it too. As long as it doesn't mean giving up potential impact prospects to get a rental, or taking on another exorbitant long term deal to give a team that would hamstring this team in subsequent years without materially changing this team's fortunes this year or next.
    Exactly. I see nothing wrong with what he said. This team is a game out of first place. Why wouldn't they be looking to improve before the deadline barring a sudden free fall between now and then?
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

NYYF Legend

Marmol would be an awful pickup.
    Agreed. He is terrible.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

NYYF Legend

The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

Quote Originally Posted by ARoDfan4life View Post

I agree that we could use a replacement for Adams, who seems overmatched at the major league level right now. Still, what do you expect for someone who wasn't even on your 3B depth chart at the beginning of the season.

That having been said, if the choice is between a Baltimore castoff and a home grown product, I would rather go with the home grown product. All too often, this team has made the decision to jettison the home grown product for the quick fix, only to realize later that the quick fix was not much better.

Sadly, all the potential options at the AAA level are on the DL, so there is really not an internal option. This DLitis that has struck the Yankee organization is apparently viral in nature.
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

Honestly I'd rather have Chamberlain. You know what he is and he's nothing more. Marmol has always had this ridiculous talent and expectations but there's a reason he's lost his job 3 times a season since he's been in the majors and now he's been released.
    He s-u-c-k-s.

I say we dangle Hughes out there as well. His terrible two months is a secret. No one else has noticed except Yankee fans. Everyone else still sees him as that awesome talent that has a bright career. It's easy to put one over on people!
    He is an awesome talent. He has insane stuff. He's just not getting the results right now. Logan sucked when the Yankees acquired him. Ayala sucked when the Yankees acquired him. Wood sucked when the Yankees acquired him. Wade sucked when the Yankees acquired him. Small sucked. Chacon sucked. Etc.

If he can be had on a mL deal, no question. If you can roll the dice for low $$ that a change of scenery and reunion with Rothschild can help him revert to his former output, I'd do it if it meant optioning Warren to AAA, letting him work as a starter there and if Marmol can't stop walking people left and right you cut him and recall Warren.

Low risk, high reward.

if the news on Tex is bad, I expect then to pursue a deal for Kendrys Morales. SW hitter who would be very comfortable in Yankee stadium.

NYYF Triple Crown

Two beautiful rural acres in Windham, Maine

From MLB Trade Rumors...

The Yankees have an alarming lack of right-handed power, writes Joel Sherman of the New York Post. Prior to tonight's home run by Jayson Nix, the Yankees hadn't received a right-handed homer since Mark Teixeira's blast on June 4. That weakness is compounded by the fact that Teixeira's injured wrist hasn't responded well to a cortisone shot. Still, GM Brian Cashman told Sherman that he's not aggressively pursuing right-handed bats at this time.

While Cashman's famous for not tipping his hand, no matter what the needs have been in recent times, his mantra seems to be that he's "not aggressively pursuing" solutions. What are the odds he makes no deal before the deadline?
    Yankee fan living in Maine.

Quote Originally Posted by apalradio View Post
    From MLB Trade Rumors...

The Yankees have an alarming lack of right-handed power, writes Joel Sherman of the New York Post. Prior to tonight's home run by Jayson Nix, the Yankees hadn't received a right-handed homer since Mark Teixeira's blast on June 4. That weakness is compounded by the fact that Teixeira's injured wrist hasn't responded well to a cortisone shot. Still, GM Brian Cashman told Sherman that he's not aggressively pursuing right-handed bats at this time.

While Cashman's famous for not tipping his hand, no matter what the needs have been in recent times, his mantra seems to be that he's "not aggressively pursuing" solutions. What are the odds he makes no deal before the deadline?
    I think the odds are pretty high that the team stands pat or does very little (minor tweaks). I have a few reasons for that..

-We don't have impact pieces to trade. Pulling the plug on the season (and even though I have near zero faith we'll make the postseason and even less faith in what we'll accomplish if we do get there) is not an option. So we are not going to deal Cano unless we completely tank. Other than that, we don't have impact pieces to really trade. Too young and unproven or too expensive or not performing. You could deal Gardner I guess, or someone like Phelps, but again, if we intend to push for October we won't.

-The team feels it has reinforcements coming back. Even if Tex is a dead issue this year, Granderson, Alex, Jeter, Pineda and even Cervelli are all on their way. I think the team believes those additions will be like making major trades without giving anything up. If even just a couple of them come back and play half way decent, it will help immensely.

-The pieces we could deal for would be likely larger contract players who are not playing all that great. Given that I don't see, at least at this point, any of those types of players putting us over the hump, and given the payroll mandates for next year, I doubt we go this route.

So really where that leaves us is looking for guys who might be coming up on FA and make a lot of money, and are not performing well... hoping that a change of scenery reinvigorates them (Ichiro last year for example). This is likely where we go for deals this deadline if we do get involved..
    I used to think I was crazy... Now I am sure of it..

So we need a first basemen and a power bat (preferably from the right side)...and Chicago is in the tank....

when do the Paul Konerko rumors start up?

Quote Originally Posted by ElDandy View Post
    So we need a first basemen and a power bat (preferably from the right side)...and Chicago is in the tank....

Especially being that his contract runs out at the end of this season. Seems to be a really good fit.
    Speak softly but carry a big stick.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ElDandy View Post

Not a bad idea. He is making some coin, but contract is up. Declining, but still better than what we have. Could get hot with change of scenery. Could likely be had for a bag of balls if NYY picks up the remainder of the years salary.
    Goin for 2<strike>7</strike>8!

Quote Originally Posted by goin for 27 View Post
    Not a bad idea. He is making some coin, but contract is up. Declining, but still better than what we have. Could get hot with change of scenery. Could likely be had for a bag of balls if NYY picks up the remainder of the years salary.
    Like it..
    Not going to be pricey to get, no long term commitment..

Will depend on what other contenders need and offer for him.
    I used to think I was crazy... Now I am sure of it..

Thread Information