+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Re: Hockey Officially Announced

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesfanatic View Post
    If it happens at Yankee Stadium, Yankees STH will have access to it. It is a small perk to keep ST with the Yankees.

On the other hand, not too many will use their pre-sale password(s) - now it is a good time to be friendly with them and get the FREE password.
    i already have access to tickets being a STH for the rangers. and because of the alotment of seats, i really don't see yankees plan holders getting access to anything. again, this is an NHL event, they don't (and probably wont) have much to give to the yankees to give to their fans

Quote Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
    i already have access to tickets being a STH for the rangers. and because of the alotment of seats, i really don't see yankees plan holders getting access to anything. again, this is an NHL event, they don't (and probably wont) have much to give to the yankees to give to their fans

I talked to a couple Yankees STH and we all the same sentiment ---- what the heck with the high ticket price?

Most likely, I am not going to use the passwords I have and I dont see any money to be made on the secondary market. If anything, I will wait for the crash and pick up "pennies on the dollar" kind of deal --- if and only if I really really want to see how they set up the hockey ring.
    It's never about what you know, it's who you know ..... and who's willing to help you to get where you want to be.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
    id have to disagree. i think the ranger alotment will be closer to 18,000. they will have extras.

about 4 to 5k seats will be donated to youth groups (all of those orange seats close to the field).

NHL and sponsors will get 2-3k also.

there won't be much, if any for yankee STH.
    There's no way. They don't sell anywhere near the full 18K as season tickets, it's got to be 14K at most. And not everyone is going to buy the Stadium strips. They made it pretty clear in the email "We cannot fulfill requests for additional seats.".

I think 10K per game to Yankees STHs is about right, and after the league, sponsors, NHL teams and Yankees are taken care of, there's going to be some sort of public sale for the few hundreds of tickets left

The hardest part is- unlike a concert or football game held in a baseball stadium, I have no freaking clue where the best sections to be are. I would imagine 30%-40% of the tickets sold would be considered get ins. Kind of like the Final 4 in a domed stadium when they use the whole stadium setup

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by pacersyankees View Post
    The hardest part is- unlike a concert or football game held in a baseball stadium, I have no freaking clue where the best sections to be are. I would imagine 30%-40% of the tickets sold would be considered get ins. Kind of like the Final 4 in a domed stadium when they use the whole stadium setup
    Based on the diagram showing the rink around 2B would think the worst seats would be the "Legends" seats since they would be level with the ice which would be a terrible view. I would guess "200" level in the infield would give you the best view.

The time slots they give you for pre-sale purchase access appear to be going by the price of your regular season seats and have nothing to do with tenure. This is for the NY Rangers

The New York Islanders® are excited to play in the 2014 Coors Light NHL Stadium Series™ at Yankee Stadium. The iconic stadium that has hosted many historic events is now set to lay the ice down for John Tavares and the New York Islanders® to take on their biggest rival, the New York Rangers® on Wednesday, Jan. 29 at 7:30 p.m. As an Islanders® Season Subscriber, you will receive exclusive access to a limited allotment of tickets, starting on Monday, August 26 at 10 a.m.

You should have received in the mail the letter below. It breaks down all of the important information you need to purchase tickets for this once in a lifetime event. If you have any questions, feel free to contact the Islanders® Customer Service Department at 1-800-882-ISLES ext. 2 or email customerservice@newyorkislanders.com.

-----

Dear Season Ticket Holder,

The historic rivalry between the New York Islanders® and New York Rangers® is one of the most heated in all of sports. On Wednesday, Jan. 29, 2014, at 7:30 p.m., both teams will turn the heat up on a cold winter night, as they take the rivalry outdoors in the 2014 Coors Light NHL Stadium Series™ at Yankee Stadium.

Your loyalty to the organization as an Islanders® season subscriber allows you to receive exclusive ticket access to see Hart Memorial Trophy (league MVP) finalist John Tavares and the New York Islanders® take the ice at Yankee Stadium. On August 26 at 10 a.m., season subscribers like yourself who joined the Islanders® family after 1999, will have the ability to purchase tickets from the Islanders LIMITED ALLOTMENT for this once in a lifetime experience, under the lights at Yankee Stadium. You will have one week priority to order your tickets before they’re also made available to the next group of season subscribers.

For each lower level seat you have purchased in your season ticket package, you’re entitled to buy three (3) outdoor game tickets. Upper level seat holders will have the ability to purchase two (2) outdoor game tickets for each seat in their account.

To purchase your tickets for this exciting event, you can log onto your Account Manager profile. To access your profile, visit www.newyorkislanders.com/stadiumseries where there will be instructions on how to purchase your seats, beginning August 26. The outdoor game tickets, subject to availability, will be available through September 14. Remember, our allocation is limited, so do not hesitate.

There is no better time to be an Islanders® Season Subscriber and witness the Orange & Blue shift New York hockey’s power back to Long Island. If you have further questions or need more information, please contact customer service at 1-800-882-ISLES ext. 2 or email customerservice@newyorkislanders.com.

We look forward to seeing you when the puck drops opening night, October 5 against the Columbus Blue Jackets®.

Sincerely,

Ralph Sellitti
    Vice President of Ticket Sales

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    There's no way. They don't sell anywhere near the full 18K as season tickets, it's got to be 14K at most. And not everyone is going to buy the Stadium strips. They made it pretty clear in the email "We cannot fulfill requests for additional seats.".

I think 10K per game to Yankees STHs is about right, and after the league, sponsors, NHL teams and Yankees are taken care of, there's going to be some sort of public sale for the few hundreds of tickets left
    never said they have 18k season tickets. the organization itself will have tickets to use too, employees, etc. i think the total amount for the NYR will be in the 18k range.

i dont think NYY sth get anything, no public onsale either

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesfanatic View Post
    I talked to a couple Yankees STH and we all the same sentiment ---- what the heck with the high ticket price?

Most likely, I am not going to use the passwords I have and I dont see any money to be made on the secondary market. If anything, I will wait for the crash and pick up "pennies on the dollar" kind of deal --- if and only if I really really want to see how they set up the hockey ring.
    they're marquee games, that's why. there will be money to be made, not like the winter classic a few seasons ago, but there will be some money to be made. i can assure you it will not be a pennies on the dollar kind of deal at all.

not sure if you take a look at what's on the secondary market right now, but there's seats selling for $290 just to walk in the door right now.

NYYF Legend

Wouldn't people in town that week be saving their money to find a way to buy Super Bowl tickets instead of overpaying for a night hockey game in January? I really think the Isles/Rangers game will not sell out. The afternoon game with the Devils will be the bigger draw.

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    Wouldn't people in town that week be saving their money to find a way to buy Super Bowl tickets instead of overpaying for a night hockey game in January? I really think the Isles/Rangers game will not sell out. The afternoon game with the Devils will be the bigger draw.
    I agree. Plus, less cold in the afternoon and it's Sunday vs Wednesday. Why else would you think the Rangers are selling the 2 games as a package to their STHs rather than single games?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by yankeeprideU2 View Post
    I agree. Plus, less cold in the afternoon and it's Sunday vs Wednesday. Why else would you think the Rangers are selling the 2 games as a package to their STHs rather than single games?
    Well my first choice is the Wednesday night game. An outdoor night hockey game at Yankee Stadium is going to be amazing, you just have to dress warmly

anyone hear of the prices for the games yet?
    Yankees**Rangers**Jets

Quote Originally Posted by IRONHORSE4 View Post
    anyone hear of the prices for the games yet?
    Someone posted the chart on the other page, this came from another website...

Ranger full season ticket holders are guranteed tickets to both events. They are designated a day and time to purchase tickets, they have about a week, if nothing is purchased then the tickets are released.

Quote Originally Posted by NYRangers79 View Post
    Someone posted the chart on the other page, this came from another website...

Thanks...what a joke with the prices.....why am I surprised?
    Yankees**Rangers**Jets

Quote Originally Posted by IRONHORSE4 View Post
    Thanks...what a joke with the prices.....why am I surprised?
    Yeah I am not surprised with these prices. My window opens on Tuesday, going to try and shoot for the lime green section.

Just to point out, that being down low is not really good seats, you won't be able to see anything except on the Jumbotron.

NYYF Legend

Yeah I am not surprised with these prices. My window opens on Tuesday, going to try and shoot for the lime green section.

Just to point out, that being down low is not really good seats, you won't be able to see anything except on the Jumbotron.
    And that's why the cheapest seats are down low.

Mr. Know-It-All Casey at the Bat's Avatar

Those are the same prices for the Dodger stadium game. I'll watch it at home. I can see better from there anyway.

Holy sh*t. Those prices are an absolute ripoff. I'm not paying that to sit in January weather for 3 hours while being very far away from the ice.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post
    Holy sh*t. Those prices are an absolute ripoff. I'm not paying that to sit in January weather for 3 hours while being very far away from the ice.
    For hockey and football games played in a baseball stadium there is certainly a price uplift for the novelty factor. I saw a Rutgers game at YS and that was novelty enough for me.

Oops! I pooped on your things! __starr69's Avatar

I'd go to the Islanders game but I wouldn't pay out the nose for it. I'll wait for a decent price. It's also the day before a milestone birthday if anyone would like to get me a present.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Casey at the Bat View Post
    Those are the same prices for the Dodger stadium game. I'll watch it at home. I can see better from there anyway.

I wonder if the NHL set the same prices for all their winter classic games.

I'm glad they are giving full season ticket holders first dips, it is only fair. Like I said above, I might go for the lime green section, I don't want to pay over 200.00 per ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post
    Not to add wood to the fire but those prices might be for season ticket holders, they have not crossed ticketmaster yet for the additional fees and whatnot. When you accept the games it goes into your Ranger account for no additional fees.

I kinda agree it's going to be brutal cold and sitting there in it is going to be brutal, but It's going to be one of those special moments you don't see everyday. I am really excited to see a Hockey game at Yankee Stadium. It's just going to be an overall fun experience and don't want to miss it. The Rivalry should be really good since it will have a large share of both teams.

NYYF Legend

I kinda agree it's going to be brutal cold and sitting there in it is going to be brutal
    Long Johns!

But then again with global warming you never know you could get a beach day in January

nytimes.com: 72-Degree Day Breaks Record in New York (January 7)

Thread Information