+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Hockey Officially Announced

Re: Hockey Officially Announced

I think they'll be really fun events for NY hockey fans. Better bundle up for that Rangers/Islanders night game.

When do you think tickets will go on sale?

Quote Originally Posted by ellsworth View Post
    When do you think tickets will go on sale?
    It won't be for a while.... My best guess would be after the Stanley Cup finals when the Devils and Islanders make their season ticket pushes.

Islanders vs Rangers on a Wednesday night in January? No thanks.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BRNXBMRS View Post
    Islanders vs Rangers on a Wednesday night in January? No thanks.
    The only issue is having to get to the Bronx by 7:30 pm. Other than that, Wednesday
    night mid-Winter outdoors Rangers vs Islanders is COMPLETELY AWESOME
    Last edited by GordonGecko; 05-16-13 at 02:22 PM. Reason: typo

NYYF Legend

Isles had an ad in the Daily News about the game today. Do not care how cold it will be. I have to be there.

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    The only issue is having to get to the Bronx by 7:30 pm. Other than that, Wednesday
    night mid-Winter outdoors Rangers vs Islanders is COMPLETELY AWESOME

It'll be like getting there for a night time NYY game outside of snow or ice conditions. Im in midtown so its a 15min ride on the D.

NYYF Cy Young

I know the Islanders announced a presale for their season ticket holders... I really hope the Yankees have the same for theirs... Between presales for the Yankees, Islanders, and Rangers season ticket holders, there may not be many seats left for the general public

NYYF Legend

Every time I see this thread title in the "Yankees: Out of Play" forum, I'm reminded of the old Rodney Dangerfield line, "I went to a fight the other night, and a hockey game broke out!"

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesrule View Post
    I know the Islanders announced a presale for their season ticket holders... I really hope the Yankees have the same for theirs... Between presales for the Yankees, Islanders, and Rangers season ticket holders, there may not be many seats left for the general public
    I hope the Yankees don't sell both games as a set. Only interested in the Isles/Rangers game.

Devoted Member

Has anything said about Yankees' ticket holders getting a pre-sale for these games?

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    I hope the Yankees don't sell both games as a set. Only interested in the Isles/Rangers game.
    I'm a Devils fan but the Devils game is on a Saturday. You should be able to re-sell that game. Anyone know when presales start and prices?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by TierReservedCreature View Post
    Has anything said about Yankees' ticket holders getting a pre-sale for these games?
    The Yankees have held a pre-sale for Yankees' ticket holders for every non Yankees sporting event at NYS.

You can pretty much bet the Yankee pre sale will bundle the two

Remember this is during Super Bowl week so a lot of out of towners will be around too

The experience itself is great for about 20 minutes, then the novelty wears off, your cold, the sight lines are terrible, you realize you just paid triple what you would to see the same teams in a warm arena, and the ice gets so choppy the teams sleepwalk through the final 2 periods just making sure to avoid injury

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by yankees2010 View Post
    You can pretty much bet the Yankee pre sale will bundle the two

Remember this is during Super Bowl week so a lot of out of towners will be around too

The experience itself is great for about 20 minutes, then the novelty wears off, your cold, the sight lines are terrible, you realize you just paid triple what you would to see the same teams in a warm arena, and the ice gets so choppy the teams sleepwalk through the final 2 periods just making sure to avoid injury
    Dude, are you making up stuff as you go along? I don't think you understand how popular these games are going to be. There's no way the Yankees will be able to let people get both games in a bundle. These outdoor games are like a big party the whole way through

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Dude, are you making up stuff as you go along? I don't think you understand how popular these games are going to be. There's no way the Yankees will be able to let people get both games in a bundle. These outdoor games are like a big party the whole way through
    I'm actually thinking the Yankees will bundle this up with our ticket plans for 2014 somehow.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees51 View Post
    I'm actually thinking the Yankees will bundle this up with our ticket plans for 2014 somehow.
    No chance of that happening. There will be a presale like for every other event that has been held at NYS.

No chance of that happening. There will be a presale like for every other event that has been held at NYS.
    This is true but I bet they do something in November for people who put a deposit down on their 2014 seats. I doubt they let us get first shot at them unless we renew for next season. Just my guess.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees51 View Post
    This is true but I bet they do something in November for people who put a deposit down on their 2014 seats. I doubt they let us get first shot at them unless we renew for next season. Just my guess.

That sounds about right. They will wait until after the cut-off date to renew for 2014 before they have the presale.

NYYF Legend

Devils starting to promote:

Rangers ® vs. Devils ® at Yankee Stadium

Don’t miss your chance to witness history at the first ever NHL®
    outdoor game to take place in New York City, under the sky at
    Yankee Stadium. On Sunday, January 26th at 12:30pm, the eyes
    of the sports world will be focused on one of the NHL’s greatest
    rivalries –Rangers vs. Devils, as they compete in the 2014 Coors
    Light NHL Stadium Series™. After a season where the Rock was
    packed in red with consistent sell-outs, it’s now time for Devils
    fans to take over a large stadium in support of Jersey's Team.
    Ticket inventory will be limited, and only Devils Season Ticket
    Holders will have guaranteed access to purchase tickets.

More information on game specifics will follow.

there will most certainly not be a bundle pack for both games. if there is anything left for yankee ticket holders it will be very limited. devils, islanders and rangers season ticket holders will get taken care of first and rightfully so.

all the phillies STH got in 2011 was the following:
    Phillies Season Ticket Holder Information
    A link to register for a Winter Classic ticket opportunity for current 2011 Phillies season ticket holders was sent via email on Monday, October 24. The deadline to register has now expired. The number of tickets available for the ticket opportunity was extremely limited.
    All ticket opportunity winners were notified via email on Friday, November 18.
    A pre-sale for the Flyers/Rangers Alumni game on December 31 and Phantoms/Bears game on January 6 was sent to all current Phillies season ticket holders via email on Monday, October 24. The pre-sale has now ended.
    Information on individual tickets for the Flyers/Rangers Alumni game on December 31 and the Phantoms/Bears game on January 6 may be found by going to ComcastTix.com or philadelphiaflyers.com.

The NHL will handle all ticketing, so those who think Yankee ticket holders will get much of anything are wrong.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
    there will most certainly not be a bundle pack for both games. if there is anything left for yankee ticket holders it will be very limited. devils, islanders and rangers season ticket holders will get taken care of first and rightfully so.

all the phillies STH got in 2011 was the following:
    Phillies Season Ticket Holder Information
    A link to register for a Winter Classic ticket opportunity for current 2011 Phillies season ticket holders was sent via email on Monday, October 24. The deadline to register has now expired. The number of tickets available for the ticket opportunity was extremely limited.
    All ticket opportunity winners were notified via email on Friday, November 18.
    A pre-sale for the Flyers/Rangers Alumni game on December 31 and Phantoms/Bears game on January 6 was sent to all current Phillies season ticket holders via email on Monday, October 24. The pre-sale has now ended.
    Information on individual tickets for the Flyers/Rangers Alumni game on December 31 and the Phantoms/Bears game on January 6 may be found by going to ComcastTix.com or philadelphiaflyers.com.

The NHL will handle all ticketing, so those who think Yankee ticket holders will get much of anything are wrong.

Why should Rangers season ticket holders be included?. The two games will be counted as Devils and Islanders home games since the Rangers do not want to lose a home game at MSG. That's why the Isles and Devils have started to promote the games. Because of that I do not think there will be a pre-sale for Rangers Season Ticket holders. You can't have it both ways.

NYYF Legend

Why should Rangers season ticket holders be included?. The two games will be counted as Devils and Islanders home games since the Rangers do not want to lose a home game at MSG. That's why the Isles and Devils have started to promote the games. Because of that I do not think there will be a pre-sale for Rangers Season Ticket holders. You can't have it both ways.
    You might think so, but Rangers STHs got Winter Classic tickets in Philly for that Flyers home game

NYYF Legend

Because there's 45,000 seats at Yankee Stadium, and only 18,200 seats at MSG (and a little fewer at NVMC.

They have the room to host STH's from both teams.

Thread Information