+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Youkilis placed on 15-day DL, Jospeh called up

Quote Originally Posted by aeromac76 View Post
    I do think there is one major difference, Alex was desperate to get out of Texas and was in the middle of a huge contract...

Cano has a lot more to lose in a contract year..
    Yes, we should also be very happy Alex did move to 3B because about 4 years after he got here there was absolutely no way he could physically play SS anymore.

At least for now Cano looks like he could play anywhere, but there's no reason to move him off 2nd just to get Corban Joseph into the lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by surge511 View Post
    Yes, we should also be very happy Alex did move to 3B because about 4 years after he got here there was absolutely no way he could physically play SS anymore.

At least for now Cano looks like he could play anywhere, but there's no reason to move him off 2nd just to get Corban Joseph into the lineup.
    I'm not talking about a permanent move. Just if needed. Cano would probably play a better 3B than CorJo.
    Whatever you think...
    Well, you're wrong.

dont mess with the jesus dont_ya_know24's Avatar

cano turns the DP unlike any other, he shouldn't move anywhere.
    I really thought I played great defense when the ball wasn't hit at me, Alex Rodriguez said.

Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    Put Cano at 3B
    Or SS........

One can dream.
    Fistpumping like a champion.

Why should Cano be moved anywhere ? I can see A-Rod moving to 3rd with Jeter there as a fixture at SS even though A-Roid was better but on roids.

Cano could be dirty, but innocent until proven guilty. Unless the Yanks sign some superstar 2B guy that can only play 2B , Cano should go nowhere. Is there a better 2B guy in the game now ? You can't change his position for some rookie.

The team/ Mgr certainly can order a change and say hey Jeter you must move to 1B assuming Tex was out longterm, same for any player Grandy doesn't own CF, Ichiro plays right and left and could play center.

I never expect A-Rod back in any useful form, he's dead weight. Jeter won't be able to field SS ( IMO). There are too many guys on this team that lack flexibility.

If the injured return well you have too many useless guys....but it is more likely this team suffers injuries all season long.

Don't screw with moving Cano, he's fine where he is at. He will have his best season ever....unless he gets hurt...

Cano is not going anywhere. This is a silly discussion.
    You're a stranger til she whispers you can stay.
    You're a stranger til she whispers that your journey's over.

NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

Didn't even realize that Joseph was sent back to Scranton.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Jax Teller View Post
    Didn't even realize that Joseph was sent back to Scranton.
    Never give a kid a chance when there's a veteran you can grab from the scrap heap.

From another point of view, I understand they want Joseph to play every day, not rot on the bench. And of course "Nix can't pay every day" (though I understand Nix feels otherwise).

Thread Information