+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mason "Lightweight" Willians Charged with DUI

http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2013/04/2...rged-with-dui/

Isn't .62 only 2-3 beers or so in about an hour? Come on now...

But he should know better regardless.

NYYF Cy Young

Re: Mason "Lightweight" Willians Charged with DUI

Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee01 View Post
    http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2013/04/2...rged-with-dui/

Isn't .62 only 2-3 beers or so in about an hour? Come on now...

But he should know better regardless.
    .62 would probably be about 20-30 beers in a hour followed closely by death.

Not sure why this is an issue if he's not underage though, it's below the limit. Unless he was visibly drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by MoVaughnEatsAlot View Post

Not sure why this is an issue if he's not underage though, it's below the limit. Unless he was visibly drunk.
    Oh, lol. Well that's a bit much.

Threshold in Florida is .82 I believe, so yea not sure why.

It's .08 not .8

Normal people are in a coma at .35 and dead at .4 plus

NYYF Cy Young

You're missing a decimal place, the limit is 0.08 and he blew a 0.067.

He's 21. But apparently he was weaving in the lane, and impairment is enough for a DUI charge.

Any sign of Reece Witherspoon?
    Pardon, for us.

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    Any sign of Reece Witherspoon?
    Do you know who I am?

You're missing a decimal place, the limit is 0.08 and he blew a 0.067.
    Makes sense now. Thanks

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by TheHugeUnit2 View Post
    It's .08 not .8

Normal people are in a coma at .35 and dead at .4 plus
    In 17 years in AA, the highest claimed BAC I heard about was a 0.52. He was comatose and saved in the hospital with heroic measures. Small Indian (real Indian from India) guy who drank several fifths of Johnny Walker Red.

Several have claimed surviving .4 plus. Haven't heard from those who didn't.
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

NYYF Cy Young

From Wiki:

Highest recorded blood alcohol level/content
    There have been reported cases of blood alcohol content higher than 1.00%. In March 2009, a 45-year-old man was admitted to the hospital in Skierniewice, Poland, after being struck by a car. The blood test showed blood alcohol content at 1.23. The man survived but did not remember either the accident or the circumstances of his alcohol consumption.[64]

One such case was reported by O'Neil, and others in 1984. They report on a 30-year-old man who survived a blood alcohol concentration of 1,500 mg/100 ml blood after vigorous medical intervention.[65]

In South Africa, a man driving a Mercedes-Benz Vito van containing 15 sheep, allegedly stolen from nearby farms, was arrested on December 22, 2010, near Queenstown in Eastern Cape. His blood had an alcohol content of 1.6 g/100 ml. Also in the vehicle were five boys and a woman who were also arrested.[66]

In 2004, an unidentified Taiwanese woman died of alcohol intoxication after immersion for twelve hours in a bathtub filled with 40% ethanol. Her blood alcohol content was 1.35%. It was believed that she had immersed herself as a response to the SARS epidemic.[67]

In Poland, a homeless man was found sleeping half-naked on January 28, 2011, in Cieszyn. His blood had an alcohol level of 1.024%. Despite the temperature of −10 °C and extremely high blood alcohol content the man survived.[68]

In December 2004, a man was admitted to the hospital in Plovdiv, Bulgaria, after being struck by a car. After detecting a strong alcohol odor, doctors at a hospital conducted a breath test which displayed the man's blood alcohol content at 0.914.[69] The man was treated for serious injuries sustained in the crash and survived.[70]

In February 2005, French gendarmes from Bourg-en-Bresse, France, conducted a breath test on a man who had lost control of his car. He had an alcohol content of 0.976.[71] He was not injured in the accident but was charged with a €150 fine and his driving license was canceled.

In 1982, a 24-year-old woman was admitted to the UCLA emergency room with a serum alcohol concentration of 1.5 (1,510 mg/dL), corresponding to a BAC of 1.33. She was alert and oriented to person and place.[72] Serum alcohol concentration is not equal to nor calculated in the same way as blood alcohol content.[73]

In 2012, Oct 26th a man from Olszewo-Borki community, Poland, who died in a car accident, had 2.23%; however, the blood sample was collected from a wound and thus possibly contaminated.[74]

NYYF Legend

probably had a few oxys as well.

37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

Does florida have different levels for DWAI and DWI?

NY has I believe a penalty for DWAI with a BAC of .05 to .079, while DWI kicks in at .08

Fantasy Baseball: Larrupin' Lou's

NYYF HOF

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    He's 21. But apparently he was weaving in the lane, and impairment is enough for a DUI charge.
    He apparently failed the field sobriety test which is enough to charge him. I think that's what was reported.

Which is kind of crazy. People can get nervous during those tests and it's not like the police are flexible and patient when administering them to you. I would assume if his BAC was under the legal limit, he'll get off from the OUI charge and be charged with driving to endanger or something like that.

florida is a magical place
    always reasonable

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by awy View Post
    florida is a magical place
    Some call it a "Paradise".

Some call it a "Mortuary".

Quote Originally Posted by pjfan View Post
    He apparently failed the field sobriety test which is enough to charge him. I think that's what was reported.

Which is kind of crazy. People can get nervous during those tests and it's not like the police are flexible and patient when administering them to you. I would assume if his BAC was under the legal limit, he'll get off from the OUI charge and be charged with driving to endanger or something like that.
    Yup. If he's of legal age, the DUI charge can be lowered (at least in Michigan).
    Thank you for making me calm today, Brett Gardner

Quote Originally Posted by theDurk View Post
    In 17 years in AA, the highest claimed BAC I heard about was a 0.52. He was comatose and saved in the hospital with heroic measures. Small Indian (real Indian from India) guy who drank several fifths of Johnny Walker Red.

Several have claimed surviving .4 plus. Haven't heard from those who didn't.
    During my FTO training we got a guy who blew .54 he was raised on it. Began drinking at 14. He was 48 or 49. Bigger guy. He just adjusted to it over the years.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by pjfan View Post

Where to begin...I have been a Police Officer for 25 years and I have made approximately 3,500 DUI arrests during that time frame. I also am the lead DUI instructor for our Police department, a DRE Officer, a PBT technician, and the Intoxilyzer technician as well. Having said that, Standardized Field Sobriety Tests have a specific set of instructions and clues that we as Officers look for. Meaning that an every Officer in the US follows that set procedures bar none. Making a DUI arrest is not solely based upon how a person performs the SFST but rather it is the totality of the circumstance: what did the Officer see during driving, the characteristics of the person upon being stopped, how they performed on the SFST, etc.... so flexibility is actually part of the entire process as alcohol/drug effects each individual person in different ways. An Officer has to process the entire information gathered and then determine if impairment exists in order to make the arrest. And as far as patience, exactly how long is an Officer supposed to spend roadside, which is one of the more dangerous places to stand, with somebody? It takes me approximately 10 minutes to go through all the FST with a person at roadside.

maybe the fact that he was out there at 2:45 had somethig to do with it
    always reasonable

Quote Originally Posted by 2JAY View Post
    Where to begin...I have been a Police Officer for 25 years and I have made approximately 3,500 DUI arrests during that time frame. I also am the lead DUI instructor for our Police department, a DRE Officer, a PBT technician, and the Intoxilyzer technician as well. Having said that, Standardized Field Sobriety Tests have a specific set of instructions and clues that we as Officers look for. Meaning that an every Officer in the US follows that set procedures bar none. Making a DUI arrest is not solely based upon how a person performs the SFST but rather it is the totality of the circumstance: what did the Officer see during driving, the characteristics of the person upon being stopped, how they performed on the SFST, etc.... so flexibility is actually part of the entire process as alcohol/drug effects each individual person in different ways. An Officer has to process the entire information gathered and then determine if impairment exists in order to make the arrest. And as far as patience, exactly how long is an Officer supposed to spend roadside, which is one of the more dangerous places to stand, with somebody? It takes me approximately 10 minutes to go through all the FST with a person at roadside.
    What if the driver refuses to perform the field sonriety test?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ChinMusic View Post
    What if the driver refuses to perform the field sonriety test?
    You're going down.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.roy View Post
    You're going down.
    That can be one way to get out of a ticket, though it usually works better if you're a woman.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

NYYF Legend

Did not think of it like that. ^

Hey 2JAY, a Heartfelt Thank You for putting it on the line.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by mr.roy View Post
    Did not think of it like that. ^

Hey 2JAY, a Heartfelt Thank You for putting it on the line.
    Ditto - you have my admiration and gratitude. It is crazy out there.
    September 28, 2008 - the day the HOF got a wake-up Moose call.

Thread Information