+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hockey Coming to Yankee Stadium

@KatieStrangESPN: #NYR Can confirm that NHL is planning on offering two outdoor games at Yankee Stadium next year: NYR vs. NJD and NYR vs. NYI

@KatieStrangESPN: #NYR #NJD #Isles Contract has yet to be finalized, though it's not expected to be an issue. Plan is to have both games leading up to SB week

Re: Hockey Coming to Yankee Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by deadrabbit79 View Post
    @KatieStrangESPN: #NYR Can confirm that NHL is planning on offering two outdoor games at Yankee Stadium next year: NYR vs. NJD and NYR vs. NYI

@KatieStrangESPN: #NYR #NJD #Isles Contract has yet to be finalized, though it's not expected to be an issue. Plan is to have both games leading up to SB week

Video link: http://bit.ly/171GGFh

NYYF Cy Young

Very cool. As someone who grew up on the island and therefore an Islander fan, it will be really strange for me to go into Yankee Stadium and be in the minority in terms of fan-base there.

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesrule View Post
    Very cool. As someone who grew up on the island and therefore an Islander fan, it will be really strange for me to go into Yankee Stadium and be in the minority in terms of fan-base there.
    Same here but eff them! The Islanders are the better team.

NYYF Triple Crown

Makes sense. both games will be in the same week as the Super Bowl so there will be a lot of buzz in NYC.

ANA vs. LA @ Dodger Stadium?.....It's gonna be weird watching a hockey game in 70+ degree weather and people wearing shorts and T-shirts.
    [FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3][B]“I would like to take the great Di Maggio fishing....They say his father was a fisherman. Maybe he was as poor as we are and would understand.”[/B]
    [/SIZE][SIZE=2]Ernest Hemingway
    “The Old Man and the Sea”[/SIZE][/FONT]

As if Concerts at Yankee Stadium are not bad enough, now they have to hold fake sporting events there as well? Ugh.
    Pardon, for us.

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    As if Concerts at Yankee Stadium are not bad enough, now they have to hold fake sporting events there as well? Ugh.
    Seriously?

Seriously?
    I guess to those who consider Lacrosse or Curling a sport, hockey is a sport.
    Pardon, for us.

lmao.............(laughing at you, not with you)

First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar

but they are not "fake.' they count in the standings, and that makes all the difference.
    We toast to the old days and DiMaggio too,
    Billy Martin and Mantle, Whitey Ford and to you

Quote Originally Posted by hardrain View Post
    but they are not "fake.' they count in the standings, and that makes all the difference.
    Aren't they on strike?
    Pardon, for us.

Finally.
    The artist formerly known as BillBuckner.

Aren't they on strike?
    Haha like arent they on strike like nobody notices hockey right? haha very original. I understand its ok you are more a fan of the non-contact, can't really get hurt sports like basketball (where they call "fouls" for reaching in and blocking and charging. Golf where you cant talk to loud because it is very distracting to the man standing at the "tee" or on the "fairway" or in the so very dangerous "bunker".

so much ignorance in this post, I don't even know what to say.

Perhaps I was wrong. Judging by the 5 people who flocked in here to show such great repeated interest in this event, maybe Hockey does have a bigger following than I thought.
    Pardon, for us.

Perhaps I was wrong. Judging by the 5 people who flocked in here to show such great repeated interest in this event, maybe Hockey does have a bigger following than I thought.
    Right because the amount of interest on this board ALWAYS equates to the amount of interest off this board. You are a tool and just like Useref15 stated above, ignorant.

Well, I am a hockey fan and have Devils STH and I'm looking forward to this event, although I am following the details via hockey focused message board. With these events being part of "Super Bowl" week and 3 teams fan bases involved, this will certainly be a big event

FWIW - for past Winter classics, the participating teams STH base was guaranteed seats for the games. It will be interesting to see if the Ranger STH will be given access to both games or given the choice of one or the other. Will also be interesting to see if Yankee plan holders will have a pre-sale opportunity

Quote Originally Posted by BourbonMan View Post
    Well, I am a hockey fan and have Devils STH and I'm looking forward to this event, although I am following the details via hockey focused message board. With these events being part of "Super Bowl" week and 3 teams fan bases involved, this will certainly be a big event

FWIW - for past Winter classics, the participating teams STH base was guaranteed seats for the games. It will be interesting to see if the Ranger STH will be given access to both games or given the choice of one or the other. Will also be interesting to see if Yankee plan holders will have a pre-sale opportunity
    I read a report that said the Rangers will be the visiting team for both games. Perhaps because the Devils and Islanders both have less season ticket subscribers? That would mean more tickets for distribution to Yankee plan holders and the public?

NYYF Triple Crown

Right because the amount of interest on this board ALWAYS equates to the amount of interest off this board. You are a tool and just like Useref15 stated above, ignorant.
    His post was meant to be funny and tongue-in-cheek (he's got a quirky sense of humor that long time posters on this forum have come to appreciate).

Even if he were serious, calling him a tool and ignorant over an opinion expressed about a sport is wrong and goes against Community standards.

NYYF Legend

I guess to those who consider Lacrosse or Curling a sport, hockey is a sport.
    Wait, do you know when tickets go on sale for the curling matches??

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BRNXBMRS View Post
    Same here but eff them! The Islanders are the better team.

Count me in to. I hope to see the Isles beat the Rangers in the Bronx before I see them beat them in Brooklyn in 3 years!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
    Makes sense. both games will be in the same week as the Super Bowl so there will be a lot of buzz in NYC.

ANA vs. LA @ Dodger Stadium?.....It's gonna be weird watching a hockey game in 70+ degree weather and people wearing shorts and T-shirts.
    Can they even stage an outdoor hockey game if the temp is 70+ degrees. Won't the ice melt?

NYYF Legend

I read a report that said the Rangers will be the visiting team for both games. Perhaps because the Devils and Islanders both have less season ticket subscribers? That would mean more tickets for distribution to Yankee plan holders and the public?

I heard that also. Just hope they don't make us buy both games in the presale. Only interested in the Isles/Rangers game.

Perhaps because the Devils and Islanders both have less season ticket subscribers? That would mean more tickets for distribution to Yankee plan holders and the public?
    I doubt it makes much difference. The visiting team gets an allotment too, and the league keeps a ton of tickets for sponsors and such. They had a lottery for Philles ticketholders last time, but it was a very small number of tickets. A small chance is better than no chance, but I think the odds of getting tickets as a yankee season ticketholder will be very low.

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    I heard that also. Just hope they don't make us buy both games in the presale. Only interested in the Isles/Rangers game.
    I want to go to both but I would hate to see them make it a package deal for the fans who just want to go to one game.

Thread Information