+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 59
  1. #26
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: 2013 Travis Hafner Performance Thread

    At least Granderson is back.
    Teixiera not eligible until May 31 now right?
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

  2. #27
    2009 WORLD CHAMPIONS aeromac76's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Huntington, NY

    Re: 2013 Travis Hafner Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    At least Granderson is back.
    Teixiera not eligible until May 31 now right?
    Round and round the wheel goes and today it stops on... HAFNER.

    Next injury victim spin later this week, don't forget to tune in..
    I used to think I was crazy... Now I am sure of it..

  3. #28
    NYYF Legend

    -tz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    NYC

    Re: 2013 Travis Hafner Performance Thread

    The MRI on Hafner's shoulder was negative, per the YES postgame show.

    Andrew Marchand @AndrewMarchand

    Hafner seems to think he will be out until Thursday.

    18 minutes ago



    Andrew Marchand @AndrewMarchand

    Hafner has tendinitis in shoulder. Could be available Weds, according to Girardi.

    25 minutes ago

  4. #29

    Re: 2013 Travis Hafner Performance Thread

    Man, he's got a quick bat
    MICRO PASSIVE/MICRO AGRESSIVE

  5. #30
    NYYF Cy Young


    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Nassau County

    Re: 2013 Travis Hafner Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    Teixiera not eligible until May 31 now right?
    http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/team/...13&team_id=147 says he was placed on the disabled list retroactive to March 22.

  6. #31
    NYYF MVP

    HerbieLee20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    A Little Too South

    Re: 2013 Travis Hafner Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by aeromac76 View Post
    Round and round the wheel goes and today it stops on... HAFNER.

    Next injury victim spin later this week, don't forget to tune in..
    "Later this week" (as opposed to "today") is certainly optimistic -- really pushing it on a Monday, too!
    He'll never get another milestone like that one. So what? His whole career is a milestone. - JL25and3

    121st Street & a On The End Ave.

  7. #32
    Off To Never Never Land Mr.Muhozi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    City Of London

    Re: 2013 Travis Hafner Performance Thread

    Please stay healthy.

  8. #33

    Re: 2013 Travis Hafner Performance Thread

    Pronktology.

  9. #34
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Fort Myers

    Re: 2013 Travis Hafner Performance Thread

    Gets both Yankee RBI tonight. The cortisone is working for this guy.

  10. #35

    Re: 2013 Travis Hafner Performance Thread

    Pronk has left the zone quite a few times tonight. Unusual for him.

  11. #36
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Fort Myers

    Re: 2013 Travis Hafner Performance Thread

    True that. ^
    The silver lining........he had a BB, RBI and a H.

  12. #37
    Movin' on Bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Clifton Park, New York

    Re: 2013 Travis Hafner Performance Thread

    I've about given up on Hafner. He chases everything offspeed and diving down, and every team knows it now. His OBP is sinking towards .300 and his slugging PCT is falling just as fast. At least move him far down the lineup until a better hitter comes along.
    Let the kids play.

  13. #38

    Re: 2013 Travis Hafner Performance Thread

    June: .174/.230/.348
    July: .200/.294/.267

    If he's hurt, put him on the DL. He's doing nothing but hurting this team. He doesn't play the field.

  14. #39
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: 2013 Travis Hafner Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    I've about given up on Hafner. He chases everything offspeed and diving down, and every team knows it now. His OBP is sinking towards .300 and his slugging PCT is falling just as fast. At least move him far down the lineup until a better hitter comes along.
    Are you kidding. Joe will bat Hafner cleanup until Jeter comes back. That will push Cano to the 4th spot. Why not bring Jeter back right now and play him as the DH until he can be the regular SS. Jeter as DH would be much more productive than Hafner.

  15. #40

    Re: 2013 Travis Hafner Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    Are you kidding. Joe will bat Hafner cleanup until Jeter comes back. That will push Cano to the 4th spot. Why not bring Jeter back right now and play him as the DH until he can be the regular SS. Jeter as DH would be much more productive than Hafner.
    I agree with this. It's actually pretty sad how badly the Yankees need offense right now. I've never seen a worst hitting Yankee team in my life, I don't think. My list of potential trade targets include:

    Alfonso Soriano
    Alex Rios
    Justin Morneau
    Mike Morse
    Carlos Ruiz

  16. #41

    Re: 2013 Travis Hafner Performance Thread

    The Yankees don't need offense badly enough to risk a season-ending injury for Jeter. You can't convince me that his re-injury in spring training wasn't as a result of him rushing back, and the last thing they need is for that to happen again. Jeter will not have a big enough impact in the three games before the All-Star break to justify the lost week of ABs/easing back into it (because AA plays during the MLB All-Star break, Jeter could keep rehabbing) he could have.

  17. #42
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: 2013 Travis Hafner Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan61 View Post
    The Yankees don't need offense badly enough to risk a season-ending injury for Jeter. You can't convince me that his re-injury in spring training wasn't as a result of him rushing back, and the last thing they need is for that to happen again. Jeter will not have a big enough impact in the three games before the All-Star break to justify the lost week of ABs/easing back into it (because AA plays during the MLB All-Star break, Jeter could keep rehabbing) he could have.

    Fine. So bat Overbay cleanup or Wells or ANYONE other than Hafner!

  18. #43
    Movin' on Bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Clifton Park, New York

    Re: 2013 Travis Hafner Performance Thread

    So last night I was baffled about the foot contusion because I didn't recall Hafner ever making contact. Turns out it happened while hitting off the machine between at-bats. You know your swing is messed up when you can't square up a pitching machine fastball.
    Let the kids play.

  19. #44
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: 2013 Travis Hafner Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    So last night I was baffled about the foot contusion because I didn't recall Hafner ever making contact. Turns out it happened while hitting off the machine between at-bats. You know your swing is messed up when you can't square up a pitching machine fastball.
    I should have known the only reason Girardi would pull Hafner was because he was injured. First injury this season that probably helps the team!

  20. #45
    Movin' on Bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Clifton Park, New York

    Re: 2013 Travis Hafner Performance Thread

    I suppose Hafner is playing because he has potential power, but right what he has is no power and no clue. The offense would be better off with a DH that has no power but some decent OBP potential and a little speed.
    Let the kids play.

  21. #46
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006

    Re: 2013 Travis Hafner Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    I suppose Hafner is playing because he has potential power, but right what he has is no power and no clue. The offense would be better off with a DH that has no power but some decent OBP potential and a little speed.
    And one who could theoretically play in the field occasionally. With a thin, weak bench, they can't afford to carry Hafner if he's not hitting.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

  22. #47

    Re: 2013 Travis Hafner Performance Thread

    I would assume if/when A-Rod comes back, he'll be the DH a lot, especially early on. Hafner hasn't done himself any favors and yet Girardi keeps putting him out theere, in the middle of the order no less

  23. #48

    Re: 2013 Travis Hafner Performance Thread

    Andrew Marchand@AndrewMarchand 5m Hafner has hit less than .180 in each of the last three months.

  24. #49

    Re: 2013 Travis Hafner Performance Thread

    I saw that Carlos Pena was just DFA'd by the Astros. I could see Cashman picking him up and DFAing Hafner. I know Pena's numbers aren't that great this year, but I think he is an upgrade over Hafner right now and he plays good defense.

  25. #50
    NYYF Legend

    NelsonMuntz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Alexandria, VA

    Re: 2013 Travis Hafner Performance Thread

    Just awful.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts