+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

2013 Andy Pettitte thread:

Vintage, dealing all night. Cervelli's play at the plate was huge.

NYYF Legend

Re: 2013 Andy Pettitte thread:

Does he walk away with Mo this year?

Quote Originally Posted by mr.roy View Post
    Hope not.

NYYF Legend

Order has been restored to the universe. Big Game Andy has spoken.

I'm not surprised. He looked great against the Nats last Friday. Can't tell from the boxscore, but he seems to really be mixing up his pitches well.
    September 28, 2008 - the day the HOF got a wake-up Moose call.

Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mr.roy View Post
    Let's see how the year goes. It's harder to say healthy at his age, and I'd have to figure that factors into his decision.
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

NYYF Cy Young

He said somewhere after Mo's announcement that Mo's retirement might factor into his decision.

Quote Originally Posted by ZIM 2002 View Post
    He said somewhere after Mo's announcement that Mo's retirement might factor into his decision.
    Mo, Pettitte, and Jeter might go together?? Have to wait and see.
    Speak softly but carry a big stick.

NYYF Legend

No performance in this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by -tz View Post
    -tz, The Thread Title Gestapo
    Thank you for making me calm today, Brett Gardner

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by -tz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by snapple View Post
    -tz, The Thread Title Gestapo
    I applaud the removal of the 'Performance'. The Forum is called Player Performance Threads. Now, can we please get rid of 'Thread', too? Both are redundant, unnecessary and uninformative.
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Quote Originally Posted by DJ27 View Post
    Mo, Pettitte, and Jeter might go together?? Have to wait and see.
    I think Andy will retire after this season, but that Jeter will come back for one more and retire after 2014. Especially is Jeter's injury keeps him out of commission for a while-- he's such a competitor that he'll want to give himself one more shot.

It will be a sad day when they're all gone. Great to see Andy dominating the Sox yesterday (and the Nationals last week). Somehow, even though he's 40 years old and already retired once, I always feel extremely confident in the Yankees' chances with him on the mound. He's Andy, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by theDurk View Post
    Both are redundant, unnecessary and uninformative.
    Isn't this itself redundant? Or can something be redundant, yet necessary and informative?

Aside from that, I can't disagree with your logic - and yet I'm torn. "2013 Andy Pettitte" somehow seems overly brusque, if efficient.

In either case, I think it's unfortunate that so few threads are being designated as "Official." It's important that we have some confidence in a thread's authority.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Isn't this itself redundant? Or can something be redundant, yet necessary and informative?

Aside from that, I can't disagree with your logic - and yet I'm torn. "2013 Andy Pettitte" somehow seems overly brusque, if efficient.

In either case, I think it's unfortunate that so few threads are being designated as "Official." It's important that we have some confidence in a thread's authority.
    Redundancy in defense of emphasis is no vice. Yes, the redundant can be necessary and informative. Why do you have a yellow light on your fuel gauge?

Behold the "2013 Vernon Wells" thread! Thank you, longtimeyankeefan.
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Beast.

Damn. Pettitte looks as good as ever.
    Thank you for making me calm today, Brett Gardner

Listen to this without tearing up. I dare you.

https://soundcloud.com/joeysalvia/oh-andy-1013

Hughes should shadow Andy 24/7 and learn.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BRNXBMRS View Post
    Hughes should shadow Andy 24/7 and learn.
    I wish the younger players in general would try to soak up all they can from guys like Pettitte, Mo and Jeter. It's not just about how to pitch or hit, it's also how they prepare, focus and look for different things when they are not on the mound or at the plate.

That said, I sure wish I could have seen Andy last night. Gameday doesn't do him justice.
    September 28, 2008 - the day the HOF got a wake-up Moose call.

Quote Originally Posted by 35Knucklecurve View Post
    I wish the younger players in general would try to soak up all they can from guys like Pettitte, Mo and Jeter. It's not just about how to pitch or hit, it's also how they prepare, focus and look for different things when they are not on the mound or at the plate.

That said, I sure wish I could have seen Andy last night. Gameday doesn't do him justice.
    It was not as good as last weeks 8ip performance but it sure was sweet.

It was not as good as last weeks 8ip performance but it sure was sweet.
    Does any one remember a conversation from Pettitte (within the past couple weeks)where he said something like he enjoyed the time with family but liked being back and he felt like he had never left? It seems that somewhere in that conversation he said something to lead me to believe that he was thinking he would be back for more than just this year. Can anyone find the conversation or an article about it. Am I nuts?

NYYF Legend

A very impressive start by Pettitte so far and what I thought was even better last night, was the fact that he thought that his control was off that led to 3 walks. And truthfully, I thought that the rookie ump Baker was the one who was off, not Pettitte.

NYYF Cy Young

I remember hearing the interview where he said it felt as if he had never left. I believe he also said something to the effect that he would retire when he was completely sure that he didn't want to do this anymore. (Guess he was embarrassed at un-retiring)

Quote Originally Posted by Lifelong Fan View Post
    Does any one remember a conversation from Pettitte (within the past couple weeks)where he said something like he enjoyed the time with family but liked being back and he felt like he had never left? It seems that somewhere in that conversation he said something to lead me to believe that he was thinking he would be back for more than just this year. Can anyone find the conversation or an article about it. Am I nuts?
    I remember but who knows what will happen by seasons end. Hopefully he can stay healthy and pitch a full 2013.

From @ joelsherman

Pettitte not starting on Sunday die to tightness in back after his last start.

From @ joelsherman

Pettitte not starting on Sunday die to tightness in back after his last start.
    Not great news, although I heard it will only be a few days push back, and they don;t think it is serious..
    Then again, they only thought Tex would miss a few days with his wrist.. soo..
    I used to think I was crazy... Now I am sure of it..

Thread Information