+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    NYYF MVP

Re: Legends Seats 2013 BARGAINS

Quote Originally Posted by Maas_Pasqua_Pags View Post
    A pair for today in Legends Section 15A Row 10. I do not think there is a Row 10. What happens if you bought these tickets? https://www.stubhub.com/new-york-yan...t_id=495460767
    They're probably in Row 9. NYY_72 did some great "detective" work and has some very insightful posts here about (what is apparently a) broker cross-posting, and why "row 10s" are popping up: http://forums.nyyfans.com/showthread...Exchange/page9
    He'll never get another milestone like that one. So what? His whole career is a milestone. - JL25and3

121st Street & a On The End Ave.

2-6 seats in Legends Section 26, $194ech on SH for tonight.

NYYF Cy Young

Luxury suites are also on Stubhub for $112- that also includes unlimited food.

I wonder if they'll drop anymore with the dreary weather out?

Snagged 2 at 165.00 a piece never made it to that thursday toronto game so this is my first legends game tonight! Even though I'm a Marlins fan Go Yankees tonight!!!

EDIT: I have one question how cool are they about moving around in Legends? Was looking on the ticketmaster map and looks like plenty of seats left in legends

Quote Originally Posted by Arod7593 View Post
    Snagged 2 at 165.00 a piece never made it to that thursday toronto game so this is my first legends game tonight! Even though I'm a Marlins fan Go Yankees tonight!!!

EDIT: I have one question how cool are they about moving around in Legends? Was looking on the ticketmaster map and looks like plenty of seats left in legends
    No problem at all moving around. Once you are in......... you're in! Hope for a rain shortened/ppd game and you will get two 5 star dinners for the price of 1!

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by Maas_Pasqua_Pags View Post
    No problem at all moving around. Once you are in......... you're in! Hope for a rain shortened/ppd game and you will get two 5 star dinners for the price of 1!
    The only exception is the front row at least over the dugout- they are kind of strict with that one

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesrule View Post
    The only exception is the front row at least over the dugout- they are kind of strict with that one
    After the 6th inning you are usually ok if you don't put anything on the dugout. "Act as if belong there".

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesrule View Post
    yeah, they guard the front row pretty closely and will ask you to show your ticket or move. 17B is also very closely guarded in the first 6 or so rows. And don't assume no-shows in a seat at any point in the game, some people in the Legends routinely only show up in the 3rd, 4th 5th, 6th even 7th innning

Great info guys thanks!

I have seats in 26 Row 5 was going to try and move over one Section to 25, saw on the TM Map that Rows 5-6-7 (1-2-3 because of the Dugout) have quite a few open seats.

NYYF Cy Young

2-6 tix tonight (4/30) for $222 each:

Section:Legends Suite 25

Row 8 | Seats 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

http://www.stubhub.com/new-york-yank...t_id=495177885

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    2-6 tix tonight (4/30) for $222 each:

http://www.stubhub.com/new-york-yank...t_id=495177885
    currently $216.50 with 2 of 6 sold.

That's $165.75 net to the seller after fees for a $760 ticket (full season / no contract basis).

This guy or his business is looking at a ~$3500 loss for just this game

Down to $194..

Just an update to last night!

First time in the Legends and it won't be the last!! Was able to sit in the 2nd row behind the Astros dugout with no one in front of us until the 5th inning or so.

Between all the food inside and the AT Seat Service outside I don't think you could ask for any more food.

We were able to take 5 cotton candies and 3 pieces of cake home lol!

One question I didn't ask when I was there was that does Champions At Seat service have the same menu? and if not what do they have?

Because as I see it we won't be getting Legends again for 165.00 in the summer so I was just curious if the at seat service was good in Champions.

Otherwise we might have to just go for the Legends again what an experience it was!

NYYF Cy Young

You don't get the same freebies/menu in Champions, you get free hot dogs and other small snacks but that's it. There's no comparison between Champions and Legends.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by MoVaughnEatsAlot View Post
    You don't get the same freebies/menu in Champions, you get free hot dogs and other small snacks but that's it. There's no comparison between Champions and Legends.
    Yeah, but there seems to be better offerings in the Champions this year. Basically you get to sit within the moat, but you only have access to the dugout lounges like the Legends do but you cannot go into the legends seating area and can't go into the legends lounges. The seating is by the field but has crappy sight angles so low in the wings.

This year in the dugout lounges they have freezers full of ice cream for grab and go and the free ballpark fare stuff seems to be a lot better stocked than previously

As for that Legends listing from before, the guy appears to have eaten the last 2 that didn't sell @ $194.50. There was also a second listing at the same price that didn't sell

Glad you were able to clear that up! I agree once you go legends you can never compare anything else at YS.

I was watching that pair tonight too that was listed at 194.50.

It's too bad they don't post on eBay they could charge a little less and still make more money since the buyer pays no fees on eBay. Say Charge 185.00 per ticket (yeah it's only 10$ per seat) or do a listing with a best offer.

Whenever I sell tickets I always offer a Best offer. I'd rather take say 300.00 for a pair then eat it.

Hopefully the deals keep coming!

Speaking of cheap someone offered me champions on Craigslist yesterday 150.00 for the pair but I had already picked up the Legends. I wonder how legitimate that was... Craigslist you never know.

Regarding the Yankees Ticket Exchange I noticed that they have minimums that people can list their seats for, that wouldn't fly well with me. 420.00 Min for Legends 200 Min for Champions and 230ish for Delta...

dont mess with the jesus dont_ya_know24's Avatar

wow, I can't believe i never mentioned this before.

In 2009 i went to the stadium with my sister without tickets (i think second time overall at the new stadium). We were just expecting to find some upperdeckies (by hideki!) or maybe bleacher tickets It was fleet week, so there were a bunch sailors who had been given free legend seat tickets (nice thing to do by the yankees, by the way).

So out of the 40,000+ people in and around the area, we somehow run into a couple of sailors who ask, "hey, you guys need tickets?"

"sure how much?"

"Just have them, we got them for free and have extras"

"wow thank you man" or something like that

so we're thinking sweet, were only going to have to pay for ten dollar hotdogs today. we look down and see legends with the hefty price and realize how lucky we just got. (i think they were twice as expensive in 2009, not sure though) the only thing we had to pay for that day was gas.

the game was early in the year against the phillies. I think CC started, and the yankees were down a run in the 9th. melky tied it then, but the yanks lost in extras. if they won, that would have been my defining moment as a yankee fan.

thank you, wherever you are, Mr. Sailor.

in terms of the best deal someone has gotten for legends seats, that has to be up there.
    I really thought I played great defense when the ball wasn't hit at me, Alex Rodriguez said.

Forum Regular

Glad you were able to clear that up! I agree once you go legends you can never compare anything else at YS.

I was watching that pair tonight too that was listed at 194.50.

It's too bad they don't post on eBay they could charge a little less and still make more money since the buyer pays no fees on eBay. Say Charge 185.00 per ticket (yeah it's only 10$ per seat) or do a listing with a best offer.

Whenever I sell tickets I always offer a Best offer. I'd rather take say 300.00 for a pair then eat it.

Hopefully the deals keep coming!

Speaking of cheap someone offered me champions on Craigslist yesterday 150.00 for the pair but I had already picked up the Legends. I wonder how legitimate that was... Craigslist you never know.

Regarding the Yankees Ticket Exchange I noticed that they have minimums that people can list their seats for, that wouldn't fly well with me. 420.00 Min for Legends 200 Min for Champions and 230ish for Delta...
    I saw this posting also on CL. I think it was real since the listing was posted at 4:05 and the guy must have been hoping to get something rather then nothing.

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by NYY_72 View Post
    Umm, yeah. Not necessarily. Wouldn't suggest filling up the gas tank, driving 250 miles, parking, walking over to the SH office - then taking a first look at your phone.

As people mentioned at the starting of the thread, similar to most areas/tickets, generally the best deals are at the beginning of the season. Cold, more casual folk don't appreciate baseball is happening, competing sports, kids in school, etc. Royals aren't premium, but things pick up in the summer - primarily July and August.
    I'm gonna be there anyway visiting my brother's family, so it's not a spur of the moment trip. Don't have my heart set on Legends, any decent seats will do. As a former partial plan holder in the grandstand I'm not too picky. I disagree about the timing. We've seen over the years the sellers will drop their prices on gameday to get something rather than nothing.
    "The saddest thing in life is wasted talent"

Quote Originally Posted by kirbivore View Post
    I disagree about the timing. We've seen over the years the sellers will drop their prices on gameday to get something rather than nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by NYY_72 View Post
    As people mentioned at the starting of the thread, similar to most areas/tickets, generally the best deals are at the beginning of the season... Royals aren't premium, but things pick up in the summer - primarily July and August.

So far this year, there's usually been at least one very good deal expiring. Sometimes it's simply a set of 2, other times (as last night) it's a series of listings. Think there were about 16 tickets that expired, from maybe $200-$500 each... Things sold before the game roughly between $200-$400 same day. Between $200-$600 the few previous days...

But don't think you can assume there will always be stuff available that's relatively inexpensive. An upside you may have via being next to the SH office is LMS - you might be able to get pickup tickets really cheap (if anyone has such listed), since most folk would pay premium to get something electronic. Another upside is within an hour of the game, if things are available, you probably won't have much buying competition - since many would prefer to eat inside Legends before the game.
    If the disagreement about timing refers to whether prices are generally higher in the summer than April (I don't think it does, but that was simply what your response quoted) - then the disagreement remains. We've seen over the years prices are generally higher in July/August versus April.

If it's about game day timing, then there's no disagreement. Note my following two paragraphs reviewed good deals approaching expiration for games this year, along with additional reasons/options for potentially cheaper tickets very last second.

Also/again, if you're happy to use LMS and do pickup - that's the best chance this year for good deals overall. For tonight's game, there were no instant download tickets which expired for Field MVP, Field Infield, Champions or Delta. 275 total expired tickets; 79 for instant download. But for a LMS example, there were 1-3 available at $63.11 in Field MVP 117B, second row.

No Legends or Champions available for tonight; final few were bought before 5pm.
    18 total Legends sold today between $387 - $600+.
    As of about 5pm, 8 total Field MVP, all for pickup. 9 total Field Infield, 6 for download.

Very good Delta deal, 2 for download at $90/ea.

Pair of Legends Yesterday went for 249.50 ea 2 games in a row where legends went for 250 the day before and then rose on gameday.

Also saw a Delta listing on Craigslist again for 75.00 a pop 4 seats with a parking pass.

Pair of Legends Yesterday went for 249.50 ea 2 games in a row where legends went for 250 the day before and then rose on gameday.

Also saw a Delta listing on Craigslist again for 75.00 a pop 4 seats with a parking pass.
    Yeah, saw those down the third base line Legends yesterday. So best deals for tonight seem to have been gotten day before. Just was a bit surprised most everything on SH went. Around an hour before game and no Legends, Champions or Delta (the $90 Delta are gone). Only download in Field MVP or Field Infield are singles.

NYY_72
    Originally Posted by Arod7593

Yeah, saw those down the third base line Legends yesterday. So best deals for tonight seem to have been gotten day before. Just was a bit surprised most everything on SH went. Around an hour before game and no Legends, Champions or Delta (the $90 Delta are gone). Only download in Field MVP or Field Infield are singles.
    I agree very odd! What doesn't make sense to me is how Legends listing have over 90 or so the night before and then the morning of it's down to 20 seats or so but only 3 or 4 pairs sold. I'm guessing people that have them decide to use them or maybe they sold on the Yankees Ticket Exchange.

Thread Information