+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Re: Legends Seats 2013 BARGAINS

Hi all!

I've never sat Legends Club before because shh I'm not a Yankees fan. I've been a Marlins fan my whole life maybe you can sympathize with me.

However my girlfriend is a BIG Yankees fan and while we have been to a few games, nowadays with the prices of food if the seats I buy don't have all you can eat I say forget it I can watch it at home. (Devils,Marlins,Jets) all have had great all you can eat experiences.

Now my question is with the Yankees, how is the Legends Suite and how is the Champions Club?

Is it worth the extra 150-200$ on stubhub for the Legends seats?

Also If you have legends seats do you get delta club 360 access. That club looked really cool on a YES segment they did last year and would love to be able to check it out.

thanks in advanced looking to go next thursday vs the blue jays.

thanks!

If your goal is to watch the game in nice seats and eat tons of ballpark food in your seat for free get the champions. If you want something similar to the coaches club at MetLife with different stations, better food, restaurant to sit and eat, watch the game with guys in suits that know nothing about the sport and all the ballpark food on top of that get the Legends. If you don't care about the game then get Audi Club seats, the food there beats them both I think. If you guys care about the game; get bleacher seats for $20, get there early, eat your face off at NYY Steak and still save yourself like $500.

BTW since your into all you can eat seats, late now, but the Nets at Barclays have great seats with all you can eat for like $100ech. All access tickets- you go to any and as many concession stands in the arena, order food, they scan your ticket and its free. They have some really food there too.

Thanks for the prompt response!

I should've added in that I've been to the Nets this year as well. Got Courtside for the first ever game there it was preseason but still our feet were on the court and we sat next to some famous rapper at the time named Ne-Yo. Who I didn't even know who he was until after the game. Best part of it all paid 100$ and man the all you can eat there was awesome.

Also down in Florida the Marlins All You Can Eat is the great! Aside from taking whatever you want home for the next day (took a case of water back to our hotel) the waitresses bring whatever you want to your seats so you don't miss the action. Pregame got to watch the players in the cages and got to check out the pool club which has topless dancers in the outfield. It's a wonder why there aren't more marlins fans. Now the reason I even bring this up is because when we sat and ate (inside the club) tipping seemed to be customary. All this guy did was bring us water and they were looking for 20-30$ tips. I had no problem doing that with the waitress at our seats which she did a great job and I tipped her well but it urked me that I paid 100$ for a ticket to the Marlins and now this guy was looking for 20-30$ for refilling our water twice. Is Yankee Stadium like that? And what is a good tip to tip the waitresses?

That sucks to hear that Delta Access isn't included the Sushi and the Desserts looked real good there.

I've heard from friends that the Audi Club makes you feel like your not even at the game since your in an enclosed environment?

NYY Steak is great have eaten there before when they opened in 2009.

How much should I expect to pay for Thursday night Legends? Champions? (leaning towards legends) may as well go all out if it's a bust it's a lesson learned.

Legends Opens 2 hours prior to first pitch I presume?, do they stop serving food at a specific time and if they don't can you eat after the game? (unlikely i know wishful thinking)

Personally I'm favoring the eating over the game but I respect a great game and the atmosphere of being at a game. Always bring my glove. My girlfriend on the other hand wants to be close to the action and the fancy of it all but the food to her IMO is meaningless. I'll never forget the first time I brought her to an All You Can Eat Game and she says I'm not hungry like are you kidding! LOL

Wow, I gotta check out a Miami Marlins game I guess. Yes, Audi is enclosed. Delta the sushi and dessert is not included. They only give you coffee, soda, peanuts and popcorn there. You can get food delivered to your seat in the legends and champions for free or grab it yourself. They don't hawk you for tips, everyone is very nice there because they are trained to treat these people who pay an arm and a leg like kings and queens. Champions prob. lowest $200. Legends, I would say your lucky getting cheaper than $300ech because your not going to want to wait til gametime to buy those and so few people resell them.

Quote Originally Posted by Arod7593 View Post
    That sucks to hear that Delta Access isn't included the Sushi and the Desserts looked real good there.

I've heard from friends that the Audi Club makes you feel like your not even at the game since your in an enclosed environment?

How much should I expect to pay for Thursday night Legends? Champions? (leaning towards legends) may as well go all out if it's a bust it's a lesson learned.

Legends Opens 2 hours prior to first pitch I presume?, do they stop serving food at a specific time and if they don't can you eat after the game? (unlikely i know wishful thinking)
    Legends has a sushi bar and tons of desserts.

Audi club perspective is generally equivalent to an enclosed terrace outfield.

Whole stadium opens two hours prior to first pitch; Legends starts serving food/drinks at same time. They generally serve upstairs until the end of the 3rd inning or so and continue downstairs (same food) until about the end of the 7th. Continue with random food until after the game, but that's limited to some desserts, snacks, hot dogs and similar. Downstairs bar remains open after the game for roughly 40-80 minutes.

Champions bar and food closes promptly at the end of the game.

Legends tickets have access to Legends and Champions. Champions only Champions. Delta only Delta.

Quote Originally Posted by Arod7593 View Post
    Thanks for the prompt response!

I should've added in that I've been to the Nets this year as well. Got Courtside for the first ever game there it was preseason but still our feet were on the court and we sat next to some famous rapper at the time named Ne-Yo. Who I didn't even know who he was until after the game. Best part of it all paid 100$ and man the all you can eat there was awesome.

Also down in Florida the Marlins All You Can Eat is the great! Aside from taking whatever you want home for the next day (took a case of water back to our hotel) the waitresses bring whatever you want to your seats so you don't miss the action. Pregame got to watch the players in the cages and got to check out the pool club which has topless dancers in the outfield. It's a wonder why there aren't more marlins fans. Now the reason I even bring this up is because when we sat and ate (inside the club) tipping seemed to be customary. All this guy did was bring us water and they were looking for 20-30$ tips. I had no problem doing that with the waitress at our seats which she did a great job and I tipped her well but it urked me that I paid 100$ for a ticket to the Marlins and now this guy was looking for 20-30$ for refilling our water twice. Is Yankee Stadium like that? And what is a good tip to tip the waitresses?

NYY Steak is great have eaten there before when they opened in 2009.

Personally I'm favoring the eating over the game but I respect a great game and the atmosphere of being at a game. Always bring my glove. My girlfriend on the other hand wants to be close to the action and the fancy of it all but the food to her IMO is meaningless. I'll never forget the first time I brought her to an All You Can Eat Game and she says I'm not hungry like are you kidding! LOL
    "Pregame got to watch the players in the cages and got to check out the pool club which has topless dancers in the outfield."

HEY NOW! Topless dancers in the outfield!

For the Thursday, April 25 game. On SH - if unsold, appears listing will expire by 3pm today.

Legends 15A, row 6, seats 1-4. $331/ea. On the far aisle (away from home plate) across from 14B. Second row above the outside edge of the camera pit next to first base. Face individual game direct from the team is roughly $830/ea with fees.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by NYY_72 View Post
    For the Thursday, April 25 game. On SH - if unsold, appears listing will expire by 3pm today.

Legends 15A, row 6, seats 1-4. $331/ea. On the far aisle (away from home plate) across from 14B. Second row above the outside edge of the camera pit next to first base. Face individual game direct from the team is roughly $830/ea with fees.
    Honestly that isn't a great deal compared to what I've seen. The last game of the home stand vs Arizona there were Legends for $140

Please answer this for me: Is there any reason whatsoever to purchase a flex plan (or 20 game plan now prorated to 15 games) in the Legends Suites? I would think given low demand even the premium games would barely sell for the price the Yankess are asking ($690 -- season ticket rate). Why should I not just go on stubhub or ticket exchange the day of the game at purchase at a discount? I would love to purchase a plan for my kids but I can't justify it from an economic standpoint. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jk12 View Post
    Please answer this for me: Is there any reason whatsoever to purchase a flex plan (or 20 game plan now prorated to 15 games) in the Legends Suites? I would think given low demand even the premium games would barely sell for the price the Yankess are asking ($690 -- season ticket rate). Why should I not just go on stubhub or ticket exchange the day of the game at purchase at a discount? I would love to purchase a plan for my kids but I can't justify it from an economic standpoint. Thanks!
    We don't need you or your kind anywhere near the moat...

-Lonn Trost

NYYF Legend

I bought all four of them. If anyone is interested to go to the Thursday game in the Legends I have at least 2 for sale - 15A, row 6

Quote Originally Posted by jk12 View Post
    With the prorated plan at least you don't have to eat the April and some of the early May games. I think if you StubHub it, it will be more cost effective but also more work.

Nice snag. $250 or did they go lower?
    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    I bought all four of them. If anyone is interested to go to the Thursday game in the Legends I have at least 2 for sale - 15A, row 6

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesBWA View Post
    Nice snag. $250 or did they go lower?
    Lower, Bob!

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesrule View Post
    Honestly that isn't a great deal compared to what I've seen. The last game of the home stand vs Arizona there were Legends for $140
    Yeah, but this was for better than get in the door Legends seats. More importantly, it was 3.5 days before the game - not last second.

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post

How much are you looking for them? I may be interested.

Yeah, but this was for better than get in the door Legends seats. More importantly, it was 3.5 days before the game - not last second.
    An advantage to the end of instant download and UPS delivery. The earlier cutoff is allowing bargains earlier and then you may plan to go and eat when you buy Legends seats.

NYYF Legend

For tonight, there's a rapidly improving deal in 21A, row 4, 2 tickets:
    https://www.stubhub.com/new-york-yan...t_id=494987969

Currently at $288 / seat all-in & e-delivery

Last second for people who can easily get to the stadium. Legends for 194.50 each.

You can always dine away for awhile and stroll into game after. Or eat at the seat.

Last second for people who can easily get to the stadium. Legends for 194.50 each.

You can always dine away for awhile and stroll into game after. Or eat at the seat.
    Link: https://www.stubhub.com/new-york-yan...t_id=494818611

Hope I can find a deal like this in May for my birthday

Devoted Member

I'm planning on making a trip for either the Wed night or Thursday afternoon game for the series against the Royals in July. From the info I've gleaned on here I can hang out outside the stubhub office 10 blocks away and keep reloading my smart phone to get a legends steal then print it out in their office.
    "The saddest thing in life is wasted talent"

Quote Originally Posted by kirbivore View Post
    I'm planning on making a trip for either the Wed night or Thursday afternoon game for the series against the Royals in July. From the info I've gleaned on here I can hang out outside the stubhub office 10 blocks away and keep reloading my smart phone to get a legends steal then print it out in their office.
    Umm, yeah. Not necessarily. Wouldn't suggest filling up the gas tank, driving 250 miles, parking, walking over to the SH office - then taking a first look at your phone.

As people mentioned at the starting of the thread, similar to most areas/tickets, generally the best deals are at the beginning of the season. Cold, more casual folk don't appreciate baseball is happening, competing sports, kids in school, etc. Royals aren't premium, but things pick up in the summer - primarily July and August.

So far this year, there's usually been at least one very good deal expiring. Sometimes it's simply a set of 2, other times (as last night) it's a series of listings. Think there were about 16 tickets that expired, from maybe $200-$500 each (don't recall if anything was lower at the end, or if that $194.50 set of 2 sold). Things sold before the game roughly between $200-$400 same day. Between $200-$600 the few previous days, though some of the higher tickets were for better spots (front row, home dugout, etc.).

Definitely a learning experience this year, with all the changes and fighting between team/SH. But don't think you can assume there will always be stuff available that's relatively inexpensive. An upside you may have via being next to the SH office is LMS - you might be able to get pickup tickets really cheap (if anyone has such listed), since most folk would pay premium to get something electronic. Another upside is within an hour of the game, if things are available, you probably won't have much buying competition - since many would prefer to eat inside Legends before the game.

Another thing to know/consider, just for extraneous info, is the previously discussed broker who's listing premium tickets he doesn't have versus what he sees on other sites (primarily Yankees Ticket Exchange). His prices are almost always higher than direct/real listings, since he offers at 1.62x's the offer on other sites. But it massively increases the apparent inventory. For last night, he was over 50 of the 80 total Legends tickets available the day before. Even if his prices are ridiculous, it massively overstates supply on SH. Take a look at nearby games for electronic delivery, and you can see all the prices drifting towards infinity - that's him.

NYYF Legend

Tonight, Friday
    Legends 26 row 5, pair - down to $275.90

http://www.stubhub.com/?ticket_id=495029465

A pair for today in Legends Section 15A Row 10. I do not think there is a Row 10. What happens if you bought these tickets? https://www.stubhub.com/new-york-yan...t_id=495460767

Thread Information