+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Legends Seats 2013 BARGAINS

I still haven't been able to sit in Legends and this year may be the year to do it, consideirng the poor team and the flooded market. I wanted to start this thread and if someone sees a good deal on Legends please post it. I don't care what game it is, just want to sit there this year.

NYYF Legend

Re: Legends Seats 2013 BARGAINS

Quote Originally Posted by chuey1997 View Post
    I still haven't been able to sit in Legends and this year may be the year to do it, consideirng the poor team and the flooded market. I wanted to start this thread and if someone sees a good deal on Legends please post it. I don't care what game it is, just want to sit there this year.
    Yesterday there was a good deal, a guy mis-labelled Legends section 20 (dead center behind the plate) as being Suite 20 and listed at $194.95 per ticket all-in. I paid more than that for legends against the Cubs in '09. If you're going to go, the next couple weeks will be the best time because they'll only get more expensive later in the season even if the team sucks. As soon as a listing hits $200 or so it tends to be bought, so if you see anything below 200 pounce on it.

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Yesterday there was a good deal, a guy mis-labelled Legends section 20 (dead center behind the plate) as being Suite 20 and listed at $194.95 per ticket all-in. I paid more than that for legends against the Cubs in '09. If you're going to go, the next couple weeks will be the best time because they'll only get more expensive later in the season even if the team sucks. As soon as a listing hits $200 or so it tends to be bought, so if you see anything below 200 pounce on it.
    I will second this. Last year on a cool night when both the Rangers and Knicks had playoff games I got a Legends seat for $200 on the nose. I would do that again if I saw that rate and was able to go.

Why is the price on the legends ticket (the actual ticket itself) lower than what is listed on the price list (i.e. on the Yankees web page)?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by bl73 View Post
    Why is the price on the legends ticket (the actual ticket itself) lower than what is listed on the price list (i.e. on the Yankees web page)?
    no-equity PSL

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    no-equity PSL

I'm gonna need a translation on that one...

I'm gonna need a translation on that one...
    Face cost printed on a Legends ticket is generally/roughly equivalent to the seats (various areas of Field MVP) directly behind the respective Legends ticket.

Price printed on the ticket itself only represents the ticket cost. Two additional costs are not reflected in this price: suite license and food. So the overall price per ticket that you'd see on the team website (for example) includes all three of those costs. Not sure about delta and jim beam; they might be similar for the license cost per ticket.

Think GG is saying that these extra prices are basically equivalent to charging for a psl, but instead of that being a separate charge which gives you some in theory "ownership" of the seats/spot - it's just embedded in the overall price per ticket. So if you buy a single ticket from TM, part of that cost represents a pro-rated psl-type thing - but you don't actually have a psl equity stake.

Thanks so much for the explaination. So a $625 ticket breaks down as $260 for the ticket and $365 for the other perks.

Thanks so much for the explaination. So a $625 ticket breaks down as $260 for the ticket and $365 for the other perks.
    Yep, essentially.

NYYF Cy Young

Yep- a co-worker's girlfriend won delta suite tickets in a contest or something and the face value on those tickets were $125- I had to explain to him how much those tickets actually go for.

The two times I sat in a luxury suite, the ticket face value was $50... less than a main level seat

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesrule View Post
    Yep- a co-worker's girlfriend won delta suite tickets in a contest or something and the face value on those tickets were $125- I had to explain to him how much those tickets actually go for.

The two times I sat in a luxury suite, the ticket face value was $50... less than a main level seat
    Sounds like the face value printed on the tickets (ticket-cost portion) is consistent across areas. Roughly:
    Legends = Field MVP
    Delta = Main Infield
    Luxury Suite = Terrace

Devoted Member

I recall someone posting earlier that this has to do with MLB revenue sharing. The Yankees share ticket revenue with MLB but not concession revenue is how I remember they explained it. So accurate for the Yankees to show the lower ticket price and allocate the balance of the ticket cost to non MLB shared revenue. Makes sense as they have the cost of running the hospitality for these seats.

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeSTH View Post
    I recall someone posting earlier that this has to do with MLB revenue sharing. The Yankees share ticket revenue with MLB but not concession revenue is how I remember they explained it. So accurate for the Yankees to show the lower ticket price and allocate the balance of the ticket cost to non MLB shared revenue. Makes sense as they have the cost of running the hospitality for these seats.
    You are right

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee-1 View Post
    You are right
    That is why post season tix are cheaper for the Premium season holders. License fees not applied to post season tickets.

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesjohnny View Post
    That is why post season tix are cheaper for the Premium season holders. License fees not applied to post season tickets.
    Right again

For those that may not be aware, the all time record for best Legends bargain was set two years ago, if I recall correctly, when a forum member snagged some mis-priced Legends seats off of StubHub for $5 each! That's right, five dollars! On top of that after he went to the game and gorged himself on the fancy food in the restaurant, the game was rained out so he got to go back again later in the season.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Man View Post
    For those that may not be aware, the all time record for best Legends bargain was set two years ago, if I recall correctly, when a forum member snagged some mis-priced Legends seats off of StubHub for $5 each! That's right, five dollars! On top of that after he went to the game and gorged himself on the fancy food in the restaurant, the game was rained out so he got to go back again later in the season.
    This almost sounds like an urban legend. I think my pleasure receptors would be numb if I scored Legends tickets anywhere near $5.
    Disco Stu:
    Nick Swisher has agreed to a $56 mil, 4 year contract with the Cleveland Indians. Good riddance!!!

teknetic
    .268/.367/.483 .850 during his four years here. Can we get rid of you instead?

Quote Originally Posted by DontHateOnNumber2 View Post
    This almost sounds like an urban legend. I think my pleasure receptors would be numb if I scored Legends tickets anywhere near $5.
    http://forums.nyyfans.com/showthread...hlight=legends

NYYF Legend

I said SOUNDED, as in it's so awesome it's almost unbelievable haha. Didn't think you were lying!
    Disco Stu:
    Nick Swisher has agreed to a $56 mil, 4 year contract with the Cleveland Indians. Good riddance!!!

teknetic
    .268/.367/.483 .850 during his four years here. Can we get rid of you instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Man View Post
    I was not the lucky buyer but this did indeed happen

Quote Originally Posted by DontHateOnNumber2 View Post
    I said SOUNDED, as in it's so awesome it's almost unbelievable haha. Didn't think you were lying!
    I understood that but for the benefit of anyone that may not have been around at that time, I wanted to debunk any idea that it was an urban legend.

Addicted Member

Game time Legends in 14B Row 5 $200ea and 15B Row 5 for $233ea

Quote Originally Posted by tpan413 View Post
    Game time Legends in 14B Row 5 $200ea and 15B Row 5 for $233ea
    can anyone confirm that if you are at the stadium and buy via the SH app, you can go the Stub Hub center in the mall to have them print out for you?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BourbonMan View Post
    can anyone confirm that if you are at the stadium and buy via the SH app, you can go the Stub Hub center in the mall to have them print out for you?
    I can't confirm but I don't see why not. I believe that at the 40th street location they have a computer kiosk where you can browse for tickets and buy them on the spot. Maybe they have this at the mall too

Quote Originally Posted by BourbonMan View Post
    Yes, I checked and you can:

BRONX LMS LOCATION
    Bronx Terminal Market:
    StubHub Bronx Store, Level 1 (In between GNC and AT&T)
    651 River Ave (151st and River Ave)
    Bronx, NY 10451

Please feel free to visit this location to have your electronic tickets printed before the game. You may also visit our NYC LMS location at 1440 Broadway (Entrance on 40th St), New York, NY 10018 to have these printed
    If you have any further questions or concerns please reply or contact us directly at (212) 921-5595.
    Thank you for using StubHub!

Thread Information