+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
    NYYF Legend

Re: 2013 Robinson Cano performance thread

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Yep, heckuva player. I found his tantrums embarrassing.
    yeah it's one thing to explode once in a while. It was embarrassing watching him do it several times a week. Heck sometimes several times a game.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

NYYF MVP

Wow! What more can be said about Robbi when he's as hot as a pistol, just an awesome player that makes everything look easy.. He's lightning fast at the plate, with tremendous power... He's capable of winning a batting title, if he'd just show a little more patients at the plate.. Truly a gift, who lacks no tools he can do it all, an obvious superstar!

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    meh, he was an ass who who seemed to have anger management issues and was never responsible for any strikeout he ever had. Good ball player though.
    He just hated to make an out. That is a quality you don't see in too many players, and definitely don't see in Cano a lot of the time. Reggie could be an ass too, but he also hated making outs. I'll take a roster full of this type of player any day.
    Let the kids play.

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    He just hated to make an out. That is a quality you don't see in too many players, and definitely don't see in Cano a lot of the time. Reggie could be an ass too, but he also hated making outs. I'll take a roster full of this type of player any day.
    I wish we had more Paulie's on this team.
    Please fire Cashman, so some Yankee fans can have hope again.

Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    I don't think you have to throw a fit to show you care. I know guys like Mo and Jeter are as focused on success as anyone, and I don't need to see them lash out to know they are driven to success. I don't think outward expression has anything to do with how much you care, or how focused you are.
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    I wish we had more Paulie's on this team.
    I wish the Yankees had more players as good as O'Neill - or as good as Bernie Williams. I care more about the level of play than the temperament.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Quote Originally Posted by NoodleRay View Post
    Wow! What more can be said about Robbi when he's as hot as a pistol, just an awesome player that makes everything look easy.. He's lightning fast at the plate, with tremendous power... He's capable of winning a batting title, if he'd just show a little more patients at the plate.. Truly a gift, who lacks no tools he can do it all, an obvious superstar!
    Erm he's already matched his walks from last season which was a career high for him.

What's crazy is his strikeout/walk is 70/61.

It's a shame his slugging is the lowest it's been since 2008 but his OBP is a career high also.
    40 pitchers, ever, have an ERA+ of 130 or higher for their career. 15 have 140 or higher. 3 guys have 150 or higher - one is right at 150, the second place guy is at 154, and Mariano Rivera is at 205.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Muhozi View Post
    Erm he's already matched his walks from last season which was a career high for him.

What's crazy is his strikeout/walk is 70/61.

It's a shame his slugging is the lowest it's been since 2008 but his OBP is a career high also.
    Makes sense as he has been pitched around all year...they key is Robbie has been accepting those pitch arounds.
    Quote Originally Posted by DEADSOX
    We won, stop bitching. Bitches.
    http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...n23/george.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by DrNick View Post
    Makes sense as he has been pitched around all year...they key is Robbie has been accepting those pitch arounds.
    I think now, he's more likely to accept the walks because he has Soriano and/or Alex behind him. He doesn't feel as though he has to be the only one producing.
    Since Alex's return, it seems the whole lineup is more patient - which is great. Earlier in the season, it felt as if every player was swinging at everything. There were games where they drew no walks. Stretches of games even.
    “Begin each day as if it were on purpose........”—Alex Hitchens

.512BA in his last 10 games.

NYYF MVP

Hey Teknetic, can you stand up, and remove your lips from Cano's ass, I had to ask you something and need your full upright attention, and not Robbie's.

I thought you liked facts? Guess not!

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by teknetic View Post
    I thought you liked facts? Guess not!
    I do, but mocking other posters is not posting facts, it is just being an A-hole. Just sayin.

That's precious coming after your previous post

Posting a picture of him resting his legs on a water cooler as an attempt to show his lethargic ways was absolutely deserving of being mocked (it conceding with his slump like it does every single year) wasn't a surprise either.

Anyways, if you're still having trouble why any team would pay him big money, you can start here:
    http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...standard::none

lel le groundballes
    always reasonable

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by teknetic View Post
    That's precious coming after your previous post

Posting a picture of him resting his legs on a water cooler as an attempt to show his lethargic ways was absolutely deserving of being mocked (it conceding with his slump like it does every single year) wasn't a surprise either.

Anyways, if you're still having trouble why any team would pay him big money, you can start here:
    http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...standard::none
    Deserved to be mocked? So are you the god of the mockers and choose who should be mocked or not? I don't need to see those stats, the conversation was never about him not being good, it was about his laxed attitude and that he could have even better numbers if he was not so laxed at times.

NYYF Legend

Nice hit and then he makes the 1st out at third. WTF?

Addicted Member

Cano is not in the lineup tonight because of the "contusion" on his hand that happened last night in Toronto.

One more Homer to catch Maris...chasing down Winfield and Giambi. Should overtake them by the end of the year.
    "Owning the Yankees," Steinbrenner once said, "is like owning the Mona Lisa." [SIZE=1] [/SIZE]

NYYF Legend

Please find a way to keep him.

I think his hand's ok.
    40 pitchers, ever, have an ERA+ of 130 or higher for their career. 15 have 140 or higher. 3 guys have 150 or higher - one is right at 150, the second place guy is at 154, and Mariano Rivera is at 205.

$$$$$$$
    Twenty Seven and Counting.

<3

You don't know what you got 'til it's gone
    “He's a clown. Guy says he's from the 209, what the ................ is that?

-CC Sabathia on Dallas Braden

Dodgers reportedly signing Cuban 2B- taking another team out of the loop for Cano

"Dodgers Nearing Deal With Alexander Guerrero
    By Zach Links [September 9 at 2:46pm CST]
    The Dodgers and Cuban infield prospect Alexander Guerrero are closing in a multi-year deal worth $32MM, industry sources tell Jesse Sanchez of MLB.com. The deal is expected to be between five and seven years and an official announcement is expected this week.

Guerrero probably projects as a second baseman in the majors since his range and first-step quickness aren't strong enough to stick at shortstop, according to Ben Badler of Baseball America (subscription required). The offensive-oriented infielder doesn't figure to be a premium talent, but his raw right-handed power has impressed clubs.
    "

MLBTR
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdvM0IB5Sbs

MICRO PASSIVE/MICRO AGGRESSIVE

NYYF Legend

I can see him becoming the franchise player for the Cubs rebuilding program.

Thread Information