Extension?

Re: 2013 Robinson Cano performance thread

We can hope!
    Thank you for making me calm today, Brett Gardner

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by snapple View Post
    We can hope!
    I think all of the Yankees fans feel the same. But I'm still not holding my breath for that. The firing may mean nothing. Jered Weaver got a big discount extension under Boras. So if Cano wants one, Boras sure can do that for him.

Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kan_t View Post
    I think all of the Yankees fans feel the same. But I'm still not holding my breath for that. The firing may mean nothing. Jered Weaver got an big discount extension under Boras. So if Cano wants one, Boras sure can do that for him.
    Yeah, I don't think he fires Boras and signs an extension the next day or anything -- Boras is more flexible than that if a client really wants to do something. Sure there is a good story there, though
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

NYYF Legend

Mark Feinsand ‏@FeinsandNYDN12m
    Source tells me Robinson Cano plans to hire CAA to represent him, with Jay-Z's Roc Nation handling his marketing.

Don't have a clue what this might mean...but thought I would post it.
    Goin for 2<strike>7</strike>8!

I'm guessing it means Cano stays with the NYY.
    Thank you for making me calm today, Brett Gardner

I think you're making a big leap there
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

Yeah, well I think we all hope you're right, but my guess is there is no correlation. As someone said above, if a client wants to stay somewhere, Boras has made that happen (i.e.., Weaver, Varitek, and, most recently, Andrus).

@JeffPassan: Important: Almost every star with CAA signs a contract extension. Braun, Cain, Danks, Ethier, Halladay, Howard, Ad. Jones, Peavy, Zimmerman.

@NYDNHarper: Source stressed Cano isn’t comfortable with so much attention on his impending FA, wants to get a deal done “sooner rather than later.”

@NYDNHarper: Source close to Cano: “He wants to be a Yankee. He’s wants his money but he’s anxious to sign. Didn’t think that could happen with Boras.”

Wonder why he's so anxious to sign quickly...

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Samuelson View Post
    When you are going to sign the biggest deal in your life and you still have plenty of time to weigh your options, I'm sure you will also anxious to sign quickly.

NYYF Legend

That, and NOTHING is a sure thing. Robbie could blow out a knee tomorrow night. You never know. Sign - and all distractions are over.
    Goin for 2<strike>7</strike>8!

When you are going to sign the biggest deal in your life and you still have plenty of time to weigh your options, I'm sure you will also anxious to sign quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by goin for 27 View Post
    That, and NOTHING is a sure thing. Robbie could blow out a knee tomorrow night. You never know. Sign - and all distractions are over.
    Obviously this Samuelson person is making an implied PED accusation.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

Addicted Member

If Harper is correct and CAno wants to stay in Pinstripes, he probably wants a deal done quickly so he doesn't have to think about it all season long. Even yesterday he didn't look to be 100% into his surroundings. The contract thing is a distraction.

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lou_14 View Post
    Obviously this Samuelson person is making an implied PED accusation.
    Eh. Sox troll be trolling.

I wonder why Jacoby Ellsbury's isn't...

(Actually, I'm not, and neither is anyone whose followed the Red Sox for the last few years)

I'm a Yankee fan but I've always suspected Cano and then when Cabrera got busted last year I expected to hear any day about Cano being suspended.

Hope I'm wrong.

OMG - I'm so excited about Cano's move.... I had to take a break and come here to post it!

This could very well mean that Cano wants to stay with the Yankees!

(sorry for being late to the party)
    “Begin each day as if it were on purpose........”—Alex Hitchens

there's levels to this! ARoDfan4life's Avatar

Once a Yankee always a Yankee. Suck it Scotty.

*yes I know my screen name it's been awhile and IDK if I can change it*

For as much as you're into conspiracy theories, this one sounds like it to me. Either that or Cano said "get an extension done" and Boras said "no, go to FA" and Cano said "no, find another job"
    that's more like it. Robi is a nice guy, Scotty is a business man, Scotty prbly promised him NY but wants the highest bid for him, Robi wants to get this over soon and not risk getting hurt and losing out. This is possibly his last contract in baseball. End of the day someone Robi knows told him forget him, did you know you can fire him? and I'm betting that was Jay-Z.
    "I wish the Yankees had a GM"

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ARoDfan4life View Post
    Once a Yankee always a Yankee. Suck it Scotty.

*yes I know my screen name it's been awhile and IDK if I can change it*

that's more like it. Robi is a nice guy, Scotty is a business man, Scotty prbly promised him NY but wants the highest bid for him, Robi wants to get this over soon and not risk getting hurt and losing out. This is possibly his last contract in baseball. End of the day someone Robi knows told him forget him, did you know you can fire him? and I'm betting that was Jay-Z.
    Or Cano just thinks that the new agent company (Jay-Z) can provide better opportunities for him in New York other than baseball. If Cano wants to stay and gets the extension done quickly, Boras can also do that for him. Last time I checked Jered Weaver didn't fire his agent. As you said, Boras is a business man and he is one of the best in his field. I'm sure he knows that losing a player like Cano is a bad business.

Or Cano just thinks that the new agent company (Jay-Z) can provide better opportunities for him in New York other than baseball. If Cano wants to stay and gets the extension done quickly, Boras can also do that for him. Last time I checked Jered Weaver didn't fire his agent. As you said, Boras is a business man and he is one of the best in his field. I'm sure he knows that losing a player like Cano is a bad business.
    Yeah, that's my feeling too. Boras is smart enough to know that his take on Cano's contract is infinitely more lucrative if he gets Cano what he wants than if he gets fired. I suspect this was more about Jay-Z being persuasive than Boras refusing to follow his client's wishes.

There was atleast two plays last night where it looked like the ball was going to go into CF and he was there and still got the runner out. He made the plays look so simple.

Quote Originally Posted by BRNXBMRS View Post
    There was atleast two plays last night where it looked like the ball was going to go into CF and he was there and still got the runner out. He made the plays look so simple.
    He's the best I've ever seen in going to his right and throwing across his body. No one else is even close
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdvM0IB5Sbs

MICRO PASSIVE/MICRO AGGRESSIVE

Quote Originally Posted by ieddyi View Post
    He's the best I've ever seen in going to his right and throwing across his body. No one else is even close
    Alomar was good

Quote Originally Posted by BRNXBMRS View Post
    Alomar was good

He was no Robbie.

Well, actually he was a Robbie, just not that Robbie, the other Robbie. Nevermind.
    Pardon, for us.

Thread Information