+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Re: Robinson Cano has Fired Scott Boras

Does anyone know what Scott Boras' yearly income is?
    Whatever you think...
    Well, you're wrong.

Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingofkings19 View Post

Yes we have. Every few yrs it's wait till our kids in A ball get here. We've been waiting and waiting and waiting lol.
    By my count, we had 72 starts last year from guys who came up for our system in recent years (this doesn't, obviously, count Pettitte), and the team managed to win 95 games. Without doing any research, I have to believe that that's the most the team has had in quite a long time.

Yes, I'd rather have had Joba or Hughes have developed into a top of the rotation guy, and they're going to have to rely more on their farm now that more teams are locking up their own young guys before FA. But having a Phelps able to step in a be a credible starter is a huge sea change from the days when Sidney Ponson would don a Yankee uniform midseason because there was no one credible on the farm to do so. The farm isn't where it needs to be, but it's hard to make the argument that progress hasn't been made. And the team is going to need to be able to continue to produce the cheap back end guys, as well as top of the rotation guys, if they are going to continue to be a force and stay under the luxury tax number.
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

Color me purple, but I don't think Yankees will get under the tax mark by next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Fan in Boston View Post
    By my count, we had 72 starts last year from guys who came up for our system in recent years (this doesn't, obviously, count Pettitte), and the team managed to win 95 games. Without doing any research, I have to believe that that's the most the team has had in quite a long time.

Yes, I'd rather have had Joba or Hughes have developed into a top of the rotation guy, and they're going to have to rely more on their farm now that more teams are locking up their own young guys before FA. But having a Phelps able to step in a be a credible starter is a huge sea change from the days when Sidney Ponson would don a Yankee uniform midseason because there was no one credible on the farm to do so. The farm isn't where it needs to be, but it's hard to make the argument that progress hasn't been made. And the team is going to need to be able to continue to produce the cheap back end guys, as well as top of the rotation guys, if they are going to continue to be a force and stay under the luxury tax number.
    You're right progress has been made but it's based on the fact it was ignored for so many yrs. The only place they could go was up. Not taking anything away from guys like Phelps. Hopefully they let him start for the entire yr whether it's in the ML or AAA.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee01 View Post
    Color me purple, but I don't think Yankees will get under the tax mark by next season.
    Here you go, said Mr. Literal:

This pleases me.
    You're a stranger til she whispers you can stay.
    You're a stranger til she whispers that your journey's over.

NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

Thread Information