+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Paul McCartney?

Paul McCartney?

Just saw that he has a presale tomorrow for Fenway on July 9th. I will be at the doctor so not sure how well I can use the Red Sox site off my iphone.

Just wondering does anyone think he will come to Yankee Stadium? I believe he did two years ago but wondering if he would do it again since it appears he will be starting another tour.

Re: Paul McCartney?

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees51 View Post
    Just saw that he has a presale tomorrow for Fenway on July 9th. I will be at the doctor so not sure how well I can use the Red Sox site off my iphone.

Just wondering does anyone think he will come to Yankee Stadium? I believe he did two years ago but wondering if he would do it again since it appears he will be starting another tour.
    Rumors are that he may do Giants/Metlife Stadium. Only Billy Joel played the old Yankee Stadium/Shea/Giants Stadium (Joel said it was his :hat trick") and Macca may want to be the first to play all 3 new ones.

There's a block of open days in September where I believe the Yankees will fit another concert in. Who knows who it will be.

Guinness World Records described McCartney as the "most successful composer and recording artist of all time", with 60 gold discs and sales of over 100 million albums and 100 million singles, and as the "most successful songwriter" in United Kingdom chart history
    Paul McCartney played his first of two shows at Yankee Stadium Friday night (7/15). He does it again tonight. More about both shows is coming later, but it's worth nothing that Paul played "The Night Before" for the first time ever on Friday.

Paul is a dead man. Miss him! Miss him! Miss him!
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

The Walrus was Paul.
    Roger Maris = single season "natural" home-run record-holder.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Ashle View Post
    Guinness World Records described McCartney as the "most successful composer and recording artist of all time", with 60 gold discs and sales of over 100 million albums and 100 million singles, and as the "most successful songwriter" in United Kingdom chart history
    Paul McCartney played his first of two shows at Yankee Stadium Friday night (7/15). He does it again tonight. More about both shows is coming later, but it's worth nothing that Paul played "The Night Before" for the first time ever on Friday.
    All of this and yet he can't read music......plays by ear, like me. Where did I go wrong?

He's going to be in DC July 12th. Tickets are around $60, which is a lot cheaper than some of the other scheduled concerts.
    September 28, 2008 - the day the HOF got a wake-up Moose call.

First NYC shows will actually be at Barclays Center in Brooklyn June 8th and June 10th.

Possibly other venues later............

First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar

I buried Paul
    Cranberry Sauce
    We toast to the old days and DiMaggio too,
    Billy Martin and Mantle, Whitey Ford and to you

Quote Originally Posted by mandrake View Post
    First NYC shows will actually be at Barclays Center in Brooklyn June 8th and June 10th.

Possibly other venues later............
    Where else could he be playing?

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees51 View Post
    Where else could he be playing?
    His websites don't say. He is mixing arena shows and stadium shows. he is pricing his shows much lower than the Rolling Stones.... rumors are only rumor. the fact is Presales start at 9am today for Brooklyn.

Quote Originally Posted by hardrain View Post
    I buried Paul
    Cranberry Sauce
    You didn't really buy that "cranberry sauce" nonsense, did you?

The evidence is incontrovertible (like the first to conquer living space, Castro Convertible).
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Quote Originally Posted by mandrake View Post
    His websites don't say. He is mixing arena shows and stadium shows. he is pricing his shows much lower than the Rolling Stones.... rumors are only rumor. the fact is Presales start at 9am today for Brooklyn.
    I pulled 4 in row 1 of the upper deck at 9 am cost me $110 each. Of course my parents claimed them so I can't flip them for a nice profit

First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    You didn't really buy that "cranberry sauce" nonsense, did you?

The evidence is incontrovertible (like the first to conquer living space, Castro Convertible).

I've always thought that there were SO many clues that it was not a coincidence. George Martin and John Lennon were spoofing on Paul because he was artistically dead.
    We toast to the old days and DiMaggio too,
    Billy Martin and Mantle, Whitey Ford and to you

Quote Originally Posted by hardrain View Post
    I've always thought that there were SO many clues that it was not a coincidence. George Martin and John Lennon were spoofing on Paul because he was artistically dead.
    Well, he still had "Helter Skelter" in him. But your point still stands.
    - Barry Manilow

NYYF Cy Young

Let it Be
    Get Back
    Hey Jude
    Back in the USSR

after 5 tries, I pulled 2 tickets for Mon nite in 226, someone must have put them in a cart and not bought, thank you very much.

It may be 'folksy', but 1977's MULL OF KINTYRE was the first UK single ever to sell 2 million copies and was the best sellign sone in UK history until 1985's Do They Know it's Christmas.

Sure, he doesn't pop out songs like "Here, There and Everywhere" anymore...but his last tour ended up in Edmonoton with a 38 song concert. The guy is 70; see him while you can.

(I actually regret not seeing Michael Jackson when I could have)

Thread Information