+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Re: More places for the rich to hang out at YS

Quote Originally Posted by bl73 View Post
    I was there for opening day and the weather was beautiful. It wasn't really even raining very hard at the end, and definitely not hard enough to justify the mass exodus. No question that it's a different type of fan these days.
    Proper hats would address the rain, and we've always had SH LMS.
    Attached Images

Took a quick glance at MLB game attendance numbers for the first home series. It's basically the same year to year over the past few years, at least as they report primary sales.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by bl73 View Post
    I was there for opening day and the weather was beautiful. It wasn't really even raining very hard at the end, and definitely not hard enough to justify the mass exodus. No question that it's a different type of fan these days.
    I was there too, and the weather definitely made a complete turnaround in the last couple of innings. No, it wasn't raining hard, but from being sunny and warm enough to sit in shirtsleeves, it turned icy cold, windy and bleak. Even my friend (who gave me the ticket), a die-hard fan of many years' standing, left after the pitching change in the top of the ninth. (I brought a warmer jacket, and stayed to the bitter end.)

Quote Originally Posted by __starr69 View Post
    Two years ago when the master STH list was leaked, I think it was GG who functioned the spreadsheet and came up with a figure upwards of $200 million in non-premium plan sales alone. That didn't include premium plans, individual sales, revenues from secondary sales, or concessions.

Of course that number has probably decreased since two years ago. And the cost of Stadium operations remains a mystery.

If the Yankees really wanted, they'd probably never had built the grandstand/terrace level, let supply and demand raise the cost of the remaining seats, and let the cheap fans watch the commercials on YES.

I read an article a few years ago that if you took just the "moat" and suite income-the Yankees earned more in ticket revenue than I believe all but 2 other MLB teams. And that was without even counting the first dollar from the 45K or so "non premium" seats. That, folks, is simply mind blowing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pacersyankees View Post
    I read an article a few years ago that if you took just the "moat" and suite income-the Yankees earned more in ticket revenue than I believe all but 2 other MLB teams. And that was without even counting the first dollar from the 45K or so "non premium" seats. That, folks, is simply mind blowing!!!
    Respectfully, I doubt that. I'd have to see the source of that info before I put any stock in that notion.

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

I wonder if they mean if sold out there which we know they aren't.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    Last season they roped off one section and put some high tables there for the Jim Beam fans. But late in the game anyone could sit there if they wanted. This year they closed off three sections and put lounges and bars in the space. Only Jim Beam fans are alowed at any time. And you can't even watch the game from the seats they have placed there!
    Actually, it's only 2 sections; 420C and 420B. 420C does provide some views of the field from what was the handicap seating area.

420B area:

2013-04-13 18.09.22.jpg 2013-04-13 18.09.47.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Actually, it's only 2 sections; 420C and 420B. 420C does provide some views of the field from what was the handicap seating area.

420B area:

Attachment 21581 Attachment 21582
    man, it's just so douchy looking. i don't know if it's the wallpaper on the seats or just the layout or the fact that it's right in public view unlike the other lounges tucked away but this definitely embarrasses me as a fan to look at.
    follow me on twitter http://twitter.com/AndrewHarts

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by dadrumma View Post
    man, it's just so douchy looking. i don't know if it's the wallpaper on the seats or just the layout or the fact that it's right in public view unlike the other lounges tucked away but this definitely embarrasses me as a fan to look at.

It looks terrible with cheap flowers and it has a lounge lizard feel to it.
    No Rally Monkeys, Towels or hankies
    Just 50,000 fans of the New York Yankees.

Forum Regular

Quote Originally Posted by wexy View Post
    It looks terrible with cheap flowers and it has a lounge lizard feel to it.
    Remember we lost the House That Ruth Built for things like this

NYYF Legend

420B area:

Those pictures. My goodness.

Ridiculous. Someone from the team needs to explain what the point of that is. It's like they wanted to build something, but decided to half-ass it, so this is what they get.

NYYF Legend

420B area:

I bet next season it expands to cover more sections.

420B area:

That guy in the first pic has the right idea. It looks like a good place for a kid to get a time out or run around to let out some steam in an area that you know where nobody else will be, but other than that it's pretty lame.

Quote Originally Posted by tonytarasco View Post
    That guy in the first pic has the right idea. It looks like a good place for a kid to get a time out or run around to let out some steam in an area that you know where nobody else will be, but other than that it's pretty lame.
    You have to pay to sit in that lame ass area?

Devoted Member

What/why are you embarrassed about? You had nothing to do with designing it so why would you be embarrassed? You may not like it but embarrassed???

Quote Originally Posted by yonik21 View Post
    You have to pay to sit in that lame ass area?
    It's free if you dish out 130 bucks for a Jim Beam seat haha

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee-1 View Post
    What/why are you embarrassed about? You had nothing to do with designing it so why would you be embarrassed? You may not like it but embarrassed???

As a yankee fan I would like to have pride in my home field. I cringe when I walk past it. And fans from other teams must mock the once great yankee stadium

Quote Originally Posted by Mastermind View Post
    As a yankee fan I would like to have pride in my home field. I cringe when I walk past it. And fans from other teams must mock the once great yankee stadium
    I've been to several dozen of the new fields. Since Baltimore was built and lauded, there's been Cleveland, Seattle, Pittsburgh, Milwaukee, Minnesota, SF, Citi, and others.... EVERY single one of them is better than Yankee Stadium. YS sold out to mediocrity in their third party development (Hard Rock, concession items, etc) and also created a very bland architectural design.

It really is merely a big block of space to attempt to make $, and not anything else. It's funny....the ONLY new park where the concourse is absolutely mobbed and you have no room to move. WTF is up with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee-1 View Post
    it embarrasses me because everyone know's i'm a big yankees fan. yankee stadium is supposed to be our home turf and when other fans go there and see this, it's a reflection upon the fans. i mean everyone knows the yankees are about money, but if you're going to do something like a lounge, do it right and don't half-ass it. we're now in the 4 year of this stadium and they're still figuring things out. i've yet to be at the stadium this season. probably going tomorrow and wednesday night so i'll actually get to see it in person but it just looks like a complete and utter joke.
    follow me on twitter http://twitter.com/AndrewHarts

NYYF Cy Young

it embarrasses me because everyone know's i'm a big yankees fan. yankee stadium is supposed to be our home turf and when other fans go there and see this, it's a reflection upon the fans. i mean everyone knows the yankees are about money, but if you're going to do something like a lounge, do it right and don't half-ass it. we're now in the 4 year of this stadium and they're still figuring things out. i've yet to be at the stadium this season. probably going tomorrow and wednesday night so i'll actually get to see it in person but it just looks like a complete and utter joke.
    Just about everything that has been added to YS since Turner handed over the keys to the Yankees in-house crew has been half-assed. The renovated Delta Suite Lounge may be the only exception - and that cost millions to renovate (and I believe a 3rd party did the work).

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

Quote Originally Posted by ZYanksRule View Post
    Those pictures. My goodness.

Ridiculous. Someone from the team needs to explain what the point of that is. It's like they wanted to build something, but decided to half-ass it, so this is what they get.
    Or they ran out of money so they went to a dollar store for the rest of the decor.

Looks like a color scheme straight from the '70s--what were they thinking?

Looks like the basement from the 70's show, pass the bong. A place like this does not belong in a baseball stadium. Did Levine & Trost actually think this looked good?

NYYF Legend

It's pathetic, but the descriptions here are hilarilous. We've got the basement from The 70's Show, decor by Dollar Store, Half-Ass-Lame-Ass Bar & Grill and my own contribution, The Greyhound Bus Lounge.

All we need is an usher in a powder blue polyester leisure suit, silk shirt open to the navel, platform boots and 6 chains around his neck.

A bunch of pre-schoolers with crayons, construction paper and glue could have done a better job......and you could have paid them with juice boxes.
    September 28, 2008 - the day the HOF got a wake-up Moose call.

Quote Originally Posted by 35Knucklecurve View Post
    It's pathetic, but the descriptions here are hilarilous. We've got the basement from The 70's Show, decor by Dollar Store, Half-Ass-Lame-Ass Bar & Grill and my own contribution, The Greyhound Bus Lounge.

All we need is an usher in a powder blue polyester leisure suit, silk shirt open to the navel, platform boots and 6 chains around his neck.

A bunch of pre-schoolers with crayons, construction paper and glue could have done a better job......and you could have paid them with juice boxes.
    lol, 35Knucklecurve!

Thread Information