+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Re: More places for the rich to hang out at YS

Quote Originally Posted by CalYankeeFan View Post
    Some might say watching the flowers grow would be more interesting this year.
    I am waiting for some drunks to water the flowers.... Stay Classy!!!

Cheers!
    -Doug

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

Man I miss OYS when I see crap like this.

NYYF Legend

It's not even color coordinated - not that blue and white seats would be a huge improvement. It looks like they snatched them off of a Greyhound bus.

What is it going to take for them to wake up and realize that catering (no pun intended) to the affluent is not going to make up for the fans they've priced out of the market? Just give me tickets I can afford, popcorn and hot dobs. The ballgame is supposed to be the main event, not the side show.
    September 28, 2008 - the day the HOF got a wake-up Moose call.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by 35Knucklecurve View Post
    It's not even color coordinated - not that blue and white seats would be a huge improvement. It looks like they snatched them off of a Greyhound bus.

What is it going to take for them to wake up and realize that catering (no pun intended) to the affluent is not going to make up for the fans they've priced out of the market? Just give me tickets I can afford, popcorn and hot dobs. The ballgame is supposed to be the main event, not the side show.

Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers View Post
    Man I miss OYS when I see crap like this.
    Outside of the bathroom & concession lines you are correct!!!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BRNXBMRS View Post
    True but you are going to watch a baseball game not sit in a living room at the stadium.
    Well, to be fair, I think most of us would be going to the Stadium to watch a ballgame. I don't think the Yankees believe the people they are trying to cater to are going for the game.
    If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

Forum Regular

I cannot even begin to make logical sense of why anyone would want to buy a ticket to sit there, especially when YOU CAN'T EVEN SEE THE FIELD

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    you got it, that's the new lounge on the concourse. They're trying to justify the (still) obscene jim beam ticket prices

Granted, it's hard to see the entire context with one picture, but seriously...flower beds and lounge chairs?

It looks like a rooftop on some cheesy high rise in Murray Hill that caters to just out of college kids at their first home in the city.

I really am not a fan of the new Stadium. The entire experience seems designed to pull you away from the field as far as possible while still keeping you in the walls and walking like a rat through a maze past carefully laid out retail stores and bars that have nothing to do with basebal or the Yankees.

I used to love having passes to the Pinstripe Pub...so I'm not a total purist. It was great to know that on insanely hot days you could go in there for lunch, enjoy the AC and not miss a beat with the game on the walls. or hang out after the game for half an hour and let the traffic outside begin to moderate.

but this new place it's like the game is incidental.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFan1421 View Post
    but this new place it's like the game is incidental.
    I wonder if the game has become incidental by many (not me, but many) simply because of the way that the game has evolved over the years.

The length of a game has increased. Long TV timeouts between innings, pitching changes, etc. adds much stoppage. Maybe if the game moved at a better pace, people wouldn't be so inclined to spend time DURING the game in these premium (HA!) areas of the Stadium. A function of short attention spans. Before / after? Sure. During? No. But the lengthy TV breaks are needed to pay the bills, so they stay.

Cheers!
    -Doug

Quote Originally Posted by BRNXBMRS View Post
    Outside of the bathroom & concession lines you are correct!!!
    And the elevators. Love those elevators.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

NYYF Cy Young

This section was added because the Jim Beam lounge would always be overcrowded.. the thing I don't get is who would ever use the area? The Jim Beam lounge can be nice on a cold night or hot night to warm up for a minute, although completely unnecessary. This outdoor thing is not climate controlled.

If these seats were in a high end part of the stadium, maybe this could be to woo corporate people, but it's in the upper deck! No corporate client will be impressed by this! if anything, it's kind of insulting that you are trying to woo me with nose bleed seats!.

That filters this down to be used by personal ticket holders, and my lazy boy at home looks more comfortable than these seats, my home is climate controlled, plus I can actually see the game from it....

Just makes no sense. It's like trying to put a facade of luxury on average seats. It's so fake.

I will say this though, if I can get Jim Beam seats for $30 or so on Stubhub, that's worth it for the unlimited soda, popcorn and peanuts. I sure as hell won't be using this new... lounge thing... though.

They are charging $100+ to sit in the upper deck and they have discovered more needs to be offered than a padded seat and "exclusive" bar. Obviously this was not well thought out when the new Stadium was built only a few years ago. The focus was on how much can we charge, now they are catching up on providing service/amenities. This new lounge looks silly but there are not many options to upgrade the space since it was not well planned in the beginning. Of course a ticket price cut is off the table so you are left with weak attempts to upgrade the product offering.

NYYF Cy Young

NYS is such a joke, its embarassing
    The Bob Loblaw Law Blog

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    And the elevators. Love those elevators.
    Yes those are great, forgot about that.

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

Not to mention the wider concourses. I don't miss being bunched up and knowing if someone didn't shower.

Why have a drink in your padded seat with a cup holder that overlooks the field when you can sit and watch the fans in the upper tier walk by you thinking , "those fans paid $90 and signed 10 year contracts for that? "

It looks like the Yankees got the furniture and decor from a Gasho steakhouse that was throwing it out

Every time I'm able to move past this obnoxious corporate BS and reconcile myself with the reasons why I grew up loving the Yankees, I see something like this and wonder what my favorite baseball team is again.
    The artist formerly known as BillBuckner.

NYYF MVP

Just keep reminding ourselves that the players aren't making these goofy "decisions"....

I am so glad I am no longer a ticket holder. Probably wont attend one game this year. I know it means nothing to them but it will be my own little protest. But good for the Yankees and all the stiffs that go hang out in these lounges and restaurants, they deserve each other.......... and guess what? The down years they are a coming. This year will be a pre-cursor to what lies ahead without Mo, Jeter, Pettite, a getting older by the day A-Rod, and an aging Tex. So add more lounges and suites and restaurants........eat your sushi and drink your martinis because the down years are a coming!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by deadrabbit79 View Post
    I am so glad I am no longer a ticket holder. Probably wont attend one game this year. I know it means nothing to them but it will be my own little protest. But good for the Yankees and all the stiffs that go hang out in these lounges and restaurants, they deserve each other.......... and guess what? The down years they are a coming. This year will be a pre-cursor to what lies ahead without Mo, Jeter, Pettite, a getting older by the day A-Rod, and an aging Tex. So add more lounges and suites and restaurants........eat your sushi and drink your martinis because the down years are a coming!

First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar

It figures that the flowers are pansies.
    We toast to the old days and DiMaggio too,
    Billy Martin and Mantle, Whitey Ford and to you

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Exactly

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by hardrain View Post
    It figures that the flowers are pansies.

Quote Originally Posted by dstoffa View Post
    I wonder if the game has become incidental by many (not me, but many) simply because of the way that the game has evolved over the years.

The length of a game has increased. Long TV timeouts between innings, pitching changes, etc. adds much stoppage. Maybe if the game moved at a better pace, people wouldn't be so inclined to spend time DURING the game in these premium (HA!) areas of the Stadium. A function of short attention spans. Before / after? Sure. During? No. But the lengthy TV breaks are needed to pay the bills, so they stay.

Cheers!
    -Doug
    yep...and it's only going to get worse in my view in terms of times of games.

Baseball grew to enormous popularity for several reasons, but one of them was the fact that advertisers and newspapers loved it. Advertisers loved the natural breaks in each game and newspapers loved the ongoing daily content it provided that didn't require great and expensive writers to come up with columns. So they were natural promoters of the sport...

Today, baseball is still loved by advertisers, even moreso, beause it not only provides natural breaks, but, like other sports, it's also practically DVR proof. The more content you can get that doesn't really allow ads to be skipped, the better.

So there is no incentive for anybody (except the fans) to speed up the game and get reasonable 2:30 to 2:45 types of time.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFan1421 View Post
    yep...and it's only going to get worse in my view in terms of times of games.

Baseball grew to enormous popularity for several reasons, but one of them was the fact that advertisers and newspapers loved it. Advertisers loved the natural breaks in each game and newspapers loved the ongoing daily content it provided that didn't require great and expensive writers to come up with columns. So they were natural promoters of the sport...

Today, baseball is still loved by advertisers, even moreso, beause it not only provides natural breaks, but, like other sports, it's also practically DVR proof. The more content you can get that doesn't really allow ads to be skipped, the better.

So there is no incentive for anybody (except the fans) to speed up the game and get reasonable 2:30 to 2:45 types of time.
    Not sure I follow what you mean about DVR proof. Most games I watch I will Tivo and start watching from the beginning two hours past game time, then watch the whole thing in less an hour fast forwarding through all the commercials and often through boring innings alltogether

Thread Information