+ Reply to Thread
    Off To Never Never Land Mr.Muhozi's Avatar

Buster Posey Signs 8 Year Contract Extension With Club Option For 9th (167 Million)

Considering his ridiculous start to his major league career, he's earned it.
    40 pitchers, ever, have an ERA+ of 130 or higher for their career. 15 have 140 or higher. 3 guys have 150 or higher - one is right at 150, the second place guy is at 154, and Mariano Rivera is at 205.

NYYF Legend

Re: Buster Posey Signs 8 Year Contract Extension With Club Option For 9th (167 Millio

he's gonna be a Giant for life, wonder if he got a No-Trade included. If not, he'll get 10-6 rights but still if it doesnt turn out for the Giants would they want to move that at some point
    The real reason why the Yankees keep winning is cause the other team can't stop staring at the damn pinstripes

Re: Buster Posey Signs 8 Year Contract Extension With Club Option For 9th (167 Millio

I think it is a decent signing since there are so few good catchers in the game and they aren't signing him to age 42. Verlander looks riskier to me.

Emotional Warrior BroadwayBomber55's Avatar

Great move by Brian Sabean and the SF Giants brass to lock up Buster Posey.
    It's not the 27 World Championships that drive the New York Yankees. It's the 28th.
    Every year is The Year. Go Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by BronxYanks45 View Post
    he's gonna be a Giant for life, wonder if he got a No-Trade included. If not, he'll get 10-6 rights but still if it doesnt turn out for the Giants would they want to move that at some point
    He did get a no-trade clause.

I am not usually a fan of massive (in length) contracts but Buster Posey is about as close to a face of a franchise as you get. Chances are he'll start to play first (or possibly third?) more as he gets older but right now, he's only 26, he recovered from a horrific injury as best as could be imagined and his bat is fantastic. The Giants have a team leader and great representation of their franchise on top of a great player for the next nine years.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by skyblue17 View Post
    He did get a no-trade clause.

I am not usually a fan of massive (in length) contracts but Buster Posey is about as close to a face of a franchise as you get. Chances are he'll start to play first (or possibly third?) more as he gets older but right now, he's only 26, he recovered from a horrific injury as best as could be imagined and his bat is fantastic. The Giants have a team leader and great representation of their franchise on top of a great player for the next nine years.
    Me either, but if there's one guy you need to lock up for a long time, it's a top tier catcher. That position is probably just as valuable as a front end starter and about as rare these days.
    September 28, 2008 - the day the HOF got a wake-up Moose call.

Thread Information