+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 106
  1. #51

    Re: 2013 Weather Performance Thread

    right now: its God's way of saying, f u Sunday night baseball.

  2. #52
    Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Glen Rock NJ

    Re: 2013 Weather Performance Thread

    Does anyone know if the team will do anything for those that sat at YS for the 2 hour delay and the fact that they only had 5 1/3 innings of play? Just curious...

    thanks!

  3. #53
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: 2013 Weather Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Arod7593 View Post
    Does anyone know if the team will do anything for those that sat at YS for the 2 hour delay and the fact that they only had 5 1/3 innings of play? Just curious...

    thanks!

    That 45 minute delay at the start because they thought it was going to rain was ridiculous!

  4. #54
    Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Glen Rock NJ

    Re: 2013 Weather Performance Thread

    Those 45 minutes might've been able to get at least 7 1/2 to 8 innings in.

  5. #55
    NYYF Cy Young

    Messerwhitescooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    the 'burbs

    Re: 2013 Weather Performance Thread

    Hate the Sunday night games and hate the Fox games. The Yankees almost always seem to get screwed in them
    All the fat guys watch me & say to their wives, 'See, there's a fat guy doing okay. Bring me another beer. Mickey Lolich

  6. #56
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: 2013 Weather Performance Thread

    Scattered thunderstorms predicted for tonight. Just hope if its clear at 7 PM they start the game and not have an anticapated rain delay fiasco like for the Red Sox Sunday night game.

    Last night in Atlanta they kept the tarp on for an hour and half waiting for rain that did not start untill almost 2 hours after the scheduled start time.

  7. #57

    Re: 2013 Weather Performance Thread

    It's not looking good here in The rain state....Jersey.
    I just heard a rumble of thunder.

  8. #58

    Re: 2013 Weather Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Lola View Post
    It's not looking good here in The rain state....Jersey.
    I just heard a rumble of thunder.
    Whenever I see your name pop up I start singing to myself like Ray Davies.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

  9. #59

    Re: 2013 Weather Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    Whenever I see your name pop up I start singing to myself like Ray Davies.
    LOL... la Lola!

    It could be worse... you could be humming the Copacabana!

  10. #60
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: 2013 Weather Performance Thread

    Awesome 3000 miles for a rain delay. Can anyone help me with an estimated start time?
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

  11. #61

    Re: 2013 Weather Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    Awesome 3000 miles for a rain delay. Can anyone help me with an estimated start time?
    From the Yankees Weather twitter feed, 617pm:

    "Information regarding the game time is still not available. We will update as soon as we know."

    Updating random forecasts look bad. But it's random; thunder, light rain, then thunder again - oscillating in half hour intervals until after 10pm. 40-80% of stuff throughout.

  12. #62

    Re: 2013 Weather Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    Awesome 3000 miles for a rain delay. Can anyone help me with an estimated start time?
    Looking at the radar, tomorrow or they'll have to wait quite awhile this evening.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

  13. #63
    NYYF Cy Young

    Sparky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    New Jersey

    Re: 2013 Weather Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    Looking at the radar, tomorrow or they'll have to wait quite awhile this evening.

    YES: Game is postponed. Split DH tomorrow.

  14. #64
    NYYF Cy Young

    Messerwhitescooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    the 'burbs

    Re: 2013 Weather Performance Thread

    All the fat guys watch me & say to their wives, 'See, there's a fat guy doing okay. Bring me another beer. Mickey Lolich

  15. #65
    NYYF Legend

    -tz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    NYC

    Re: 2013 Weather Performance Thread

    I do not approve of the 2013 weather's performance at present. I'm sure Cashman could have done a better job putting together a string of decent days.

  16. #66
    NYYF Cy Young

    Messerwhitescooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    the 'burbs

    Re: 2013 Weather Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by -tz View Post
    I do not approve of the 2013 weather's performance at present. I'm sure Cashman could have done a better job putting together a string of decent days.
    You blame Cashman? I definitely think it's the fault of Hal and Phil Hughes' parents.
    All the fat guys watch me & say to their wives, 'See, there's a fat guy doing okay. Bring me another beer. Mickey Lolich

  17. #67
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: 2013 Weather Performance Thread

    Here, here. But at least we can make the day game. But now. I have to drive and. Won't get to shore until late wed
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

  18. #68
    My History. Your Tradition. JDPNYY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Guam

    Re: 2013 Weather Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    Here, here. But at least we can make the day game. But now. I have to drive and. Won't get to shore until late wed
    Where you going after the game?
    Complaining is a choice

  19. #69
    Devoted Member
    TierReservedCreature's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Upper Deck

    Re: 2013 Weather Performance Thread

    Hindsight is always 20/20, but this game could have easily been played tonight. Wonder why they called it so quickly (especially with the forecast supposedly clearing), yet other games sit in delay for hours?

  20. #70
    Oops! I pooped on your things! __starr69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Queens

    Re: 2013 Weather Performance Thread

    No more than a light drizzle all night.

  21. #71
    Devoted Member
    TierReservedCreature's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Upper Deck

    Re: 2013 Weather Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by __starr69 View Post
    No more than a light drizzle all night.
    I'm not far from the Stadium, and it hasn't raining at all for close to 2 hours.

  22. #72
    NYYF Cy Young

    Messerwhitescooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    the 'burbs

    Re: 2013 Weather Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TierReservedCreature View Post
    Hindsight is always 20/20, but this game could have easily been played tonight. Wonder why they called it so quickly (especially with the forecast supposedly clearing), yet other games sit in delay for hours?
    I wondered that myself.
    All the fat guys watch me & say to their wives, 'See, there's a fat guy doing okay. Bring me another beer. Mickey Lolich

  23. #73
    NYYF Legend

    -tz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    NYC

    Re: 2013 Weather Performance Thread

    Well, they didn't want to announce a delay, have everyone sit around for hours, then start the game, only to have to announce another delay fifteen minutes later. It would remind everyone too much of Derek Jeter, Curtis Granderson, Kevin Youkilis and Mark Teixeira.

  24. #74
    NYYF Cy Young

    Messerwhitescooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    the 'burbs

    Re: 2013 Weather Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by -tz View Post
    Well, they didn't want to announce a delay, have everyone sit around for hours, then start the game, only to have to announce another delay fifteen minutes later. It would remind everyone too much of Derek Jeter, Curtis Granderson, Kevin Youkilis and Mark Teixeira.

    The injuries are raining down on us. Let us not forget Frankie Cervelli. I'm sure he will come back only to get yanked off the stage. What will happen next, will Joe get a paper cut on his binder?
    All the fat guys watch me & say to their wives, 'See, there's a fat guy doing okay. Bring me another beer. Mickey Lolich

  25. #75

    Re: 2013 Weather Performance Thread

    Are full season ticket holders allowed to stay in the ballpark between games today?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts