+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    NYYF Legend

Re: 2013 Yankees over/under win prediction

The over/under is 84? Going over on that

NYYF Legend

I think they will be lucky to win 75 games this year......unless they get lucky and they stay healthy and their pitchers have great years.

Eff this. World Champs. Book it.
    Don't tease me, you know what I do for a living.

NYYF Triple Crown

Under 86. I can see them going 70-80 wins.

Low expectations and all that.

Gotta go under- 75 wins

W/ all the injuries- most that can be lingering Arod/Grandy/Tex - and no depth, hard to see where the offense is gonna come from
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdvM0IB5Sbs

MICRO PASSIVE/MICRO AGGRESSIVE

Forum Regular

Astros, Rockies, Padres, D'backs, Mets on schedule-

Over 86. Team wins 90-93 games.

Nobody has a good idea of what we have until July. Injury, recovery from injury, trades, acquisitions....too much can happen before I write any team off this year.

Except Boston. Wrote them off a while ago.
    Team Northern Lights

Quote Originally Posted by NerfBall55 View Post
    Except Boston. Wrote them off a while ago.
    And rightly so.
    Thank you for making me calm today, Brett Gardner

27 reasons the Yankees will collapse:

http://espn.go.com/blog/sweetspot/po...-will-collapse

Prediction: 75-87. If the Phillies can drop 20 wins from 2011 to 2012, so can the Yankees. For the first time since 1992, the Yankees will finish under .500.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

I wonder if anyone expected the Yankee collapse in 1965. The team had legendary heroes like Mantle, Maris, Ford, Howard, etc., that fans would hang their hopes on, regardless of their age or increased possibility of injury (sound familiar?). Plus, they had a young stud named Stottlemyre, not to mention other promising youngsters as part of the mix, like Downing, White, Boyer, Tresh, Clarke, and Pepitone. Wow, a rotation of consisting of Ford, Stottlemyre, Bouton and Downing! Surely, the Yanks could never fail - after all, they are the Yankees.

I will say that my dad said that he sensed that things weren't quite right and that they might not finish 1st, but never did he imagine such a collapse. Welcome to 1965 again. I'd love to hear from those members that witnessed this firsthand.

Meanwhile, the Kool Aid is overflowing.

Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post

Where? It feels like most in this thread took the under.
    Team Northern Lights

I agree.

@ARodEra

come on, it's not Kool-Aid. That's just silly. I don't see where the Yankees lost 10-12 wins from last year. I know it's my opinion, but I don't think the Yankees lost that many games. I think they're very capable of winning the division.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Man View Post

This pretty much invalidates that article.

The Blue Jays and Red Sox should be much improved.
    Team Northern Lights

Released Outright

Quote Originally Posted by snapple View Post
    I agree.

@ARodEra

come on, it's not Kool-Aid. That's just silly. I don't see where the Yankees lost 10-12 wins from last year. I know it's my opinion, but I don't think the Yankees lost that many games. I think they're very capable of winning the division.
    I think Russell Martin was worth 10-12 wins by himself.

Released Outright

This might just be the dumbest article I've ever read. NESPN is such a ****ing joke.

First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar

I wonder if anyone expected the Yankee collapse in 1965. The team had legendary heroes like Mantle, Maris, Ford, Howard, etc., that fans would hang their hopes on, regardless of their age or increased possibility of injury (sound familiar?). Plus, they had a young stud named Stottlemyre, not to mention other promising youngsters as part of the mix, like Downing, White, Boyer, Tresh, Clarke, and Pepitone. Wow, a rotation of consisting of Ford, Stottlemyre, Bouton and Downing! Surely, the Yanks could never fail - after all, they are the Yankees.

I will say that my dad said that he sensed that things weren't quite right and that they might not finish 1st, but never did he imagine such a collapse. Welcome to 1965 again. I'd love to hear from those members that witnessed this firsthand.

This is a very intelligent and thoughtful post. Spot on. One could argue that the '65 team had more chips than this '13 team. The poster even left off baby Murcer, although he was drafted into Vietnam and didn't emerge in MLB until later.

As presently constructed and given the injuries, I do not see how the team finishes above .500. I hope I am wrong and surprised!
    We toast to the old days and DiMaggio too,
    Billy Martin and Mantle, Whitey Ford and to you

Quote Originally Posted by d32123 View Post
    This might just be the dumbest article I've ever read.
    You need to read more. With which of the 27 points do you disagree?
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

Released Outright

all of them

It seems like most took the over, though I didn't count; you might be right. It just seems that the overly optimistic (rather delusional...okay, I kid) seem the loudest, often trying to drown out or mock those who aren't enamored with this club.

I agree.

@ARodEra

I honestly think they lost more than 10 games, probably a heck of a lot more. I hope I'm wrong, though I'll never stop rooting regardless.

I honestly think they lost more than 10 games, probably a heck of a lot more. I hope I'm wrong, though I'll never stop rooting regardless.
    Yeah, as long as you don't stop rooting. But, I still don't see where they lost that many wins. I guess we'll just have to see how the season plays out.

Yeah, as long as you don't stop rooting. But, I still don't see where they lost that many wins. I guess we'll just have to see how the season plays out.

Never stop rooting. I despise fair-weathered fans. I might even enjoy watching some farmhands finally get a chance. I just think this team has to retool no matter how they finish. If not this year, then starting next.

Quote Originally Posted by hardrain View Post
    This is a very intelligent and thoughtful post. Spot on. One could argue that the '65 team had more chips than this '13 team. The poster even left off baby Murcer, although he was drafted into Vietnam and didn't emerge in MLB until later.

As presently constructed and given the injuries, I do not see how the team finishes above .500. I hope I am wrong and surprised!
    Thanks, hardrain. I was actually going to include Murcer till I saw he only played 11 games due to the draft. I should have anyway, to highlight the superior, ML-ready prospects the Yanks had during that era and the "hope" that many fans probably had in 1965. Little did they know what was forthcoming. It must have been so depressing.

I agree with you. Most are valid points and factually correct, not just some random Sox/Yankee trash talk.

I agree with you. Most are valid points and factually correct, not just some random Sox/Yankee trash talk.
    I don't think most of the points are valid. Like point 3. You know, a lot of the guys last year aren't even on the team anymore. Also....it's kind of a dumb point.

The #5 point is pretty damn dumb, too. CC can put up HALF that war by himself (4.7 in 2012, 7.1 in 2011, 5.2 in 2010).

Thread Information