+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Re: Individual Ticket Pickups and Ticket Office Releases

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees51 View Post
    Did you get any kind of email confirmation?

I also don't know does stubhub care if we instead mail hard tickets? I already wrote my rep an email last week and of course no response. Opening Day is the only valuable game this season. I can't even sell Dodgers tickets.
    When I logged in to my TM account the order update said they had been printed.
    Then a day later I got the same info in an e-mail.

These are tickets I plan on using myself (with some friends) so I don't need to worry about barcodes, but I would have preferred PDF since in case somebody left tickets at home day-of-game, we could just print them out again at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    They are probably blocking the Ticketfast tickets as no doubt many people have chosen that method for OD and it's the one delivery method that can be "controlled" - since it's electronic, they could hold these tickets until the day before and you'd still have tickets for the game. The other methods involve some type of transport that can go wrong.

BTW - I went for hard tickets for OD and got them 5 days ago.
    Completely agreed. With so many blogger-types and whatnot, shouldn't/couldn't someone be writing a little blurb about this? It's at least slightly popular to complain about ticket stuff (prices and related). As we continue with the only apparent recourse - holding breath, stomping feet.

Damn tricky marketing; from my order confirmation: "You will receive your tickets via: TicketFast Delivery: The quickest delivery method available." They forgot to include a reference to...unless we arbitrarily decide to purposefully make your transaction inconvenient or painful...

NYYF Legend

Does anyone have screenshots of the March 11 date promised for ticketfast delivery? I already have the ticketmaster people on record about the Yankees changing that March 11th date to an indefinite hold

I'm guessing the Yankees will release the tickets before the stubhub cut off deadline but in case they don't, I want to have all the paperwork ready to take them to small claims court for triple damages on any busted sales for their failure to deliver tickets as contractually obligated

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Does anyone have screenshots of the March 11 date promised for ticketfast delivery? I already have the ticketmaster people on record about the Yankees changing that March 11th date to an indefinite hold

I'm guessing the Yankees will release the tickets before the stubhub cut off deadline but in case they don't, I want to have all the paperwork ready to take them to small claims court for triple damages on any busted sales for their failure to deliver tickets as contractually obligated

GG, GMTA - Go into Ticketmaster today and view your receipt, mine states Order Date: 03/11/13 and then
    ALERT: Ticket delivery for this event, including TicketFast print-at-home, should be available 24 - 72 hours from date of purchase.

NYYF Legend

yeah, that 24-72 hours is on everyone's order page. But, there was also a notice posted on the original purchase page that stated ticketfast delivery would be delayed until March 11th. That's what legally binds the Ticketmaster (who claims it is the Yankees who are responsible) to delivering tickets by that date. Still, I have separate communication from ticketmaster where a supervisor confirmed the 11th and that the Yankees changed it after the sale. So by not delivering tickets as indicated, they are responsible for any damages incurred by you based on that promise. And apparently you can get triple damages plus legal fees

NYYF Legend

For anyone that called ticketmaster and got them to send hard tickets by standard mail instead of PDF for opening day, how long did it take between the phone call and them showing up at your door?

Curious as to what SH's policy will be when you sold the tickets as Instant Download and now wish to change to hard tickets. I am expecting an email from SH shortly that says something to the effect that they know none of the seats purchased on the pre sale have been released yet so hang tight, etc. I would guess some buyers that bought too high will use this as an excuse to try and bail

yeah, that 24-72 hours is on everyone's order page. But, there was also a notice posted on the original purchase page that stated ticketfast delivery would be delayed until March 11th. That's what legally binds the Ticketmaster (who claims it is the Yankees who are responsible) to delivering tickets by that date. Still, I have separate communication from ticketmaster where a supervisor confirmed the 11th and that the Yankees changed it after the sale. So by not delivering tickets as indicated, they are responsible for any damages incurred by you based on that promise. And apparently you can get triple damages plus legal fees
    Can you really claim damages here? The tickets were sold to attend a game, not as a business venture. Furthermore, you (presumbaly) continue to buy tickets from the Yankees/TM.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by bl73 View Post
    Can you really claim damages here? The tickets were sold to attend a game, not as a business venture. Furthermore, you (presumbaly) continue to buy tickets from the Yankees/TM.
    Not only can you claim damages, but you can provide exact amounts will full documentation. All you have to do is show you first bought tickets with a promised date, sold them on stubhub with a delivery date after ticketmaster/yankees promised, then for every busted sale show how much net you were denied plus any subsequent loss from selling at a lower price.

Not only can you claim damages, but you can provide exact amounts will full documentation. All you have to do is show you first bought tickets with a promised date, sold them on stubhub with a delivery date after ticketmaster/yankees promised, then for every busted sale show how much net you were denied plus any subsequent loss from selling at a lower price.
    Are you saying this has been done before, specifically with purchasing/reselling tickets for sporting/entertainment events? That seems really hard to believe.

NYYF Legend

Are you saying this has been done before, specifically with purchasing/reselling tickets for sporting/entertainment events? That seems really hard to believe.
    I'm not a lawyer and I can't give anybody legal advice, so as you can imagine you should consult an attorney for any and all advice. But in terms of my personal understanding, a purchase made with certain representations constitutes a contract. It doesn't matter if you're buying a car, and chainsaw, a bubble machine for your kid, or tickets to a sporting event. If the contract (sales agreement) is broken, and that results in losses because of representations made to you by the seller, then you have rights to seek relief. The Yankees do have a golden ticket in that they are exempt at the federal level from anti-trust laws, but on a contractual basis they are responsible for their representations just like any other business. If you sell someone a generator with a delivery date in writing of say, April 1st, then don't deliver (with no good reason) and the guy's food freezer at his restaurant spoils because of a blackout on April 2nd, guess who's coming after you in court for all those losses

I'm not a lawyer and I can't give anybody legal advice, so as you can imagine you should consult an attorney for any and all advice. But in terms of my personal understanding, a purchase made with certain representations constitutes a contract. It doesn't matter if you're buying a car, and chainsaw, a bubble machine for your kid, or tickets to a sporting event. If the contract (sales agreement) is broken, and that results in losses because of representations made to you by the seller, then you have rights to seek relief. The Yankees do have a golden ticket in that they are exempt at the federal level from anti-trust laws, but on a contractual basis they are responsible for their representations just like any other business. If you sell someone a generator with a delivery date in writing of say, April 1st, then don't deliver (with no good reason) and the guy's food freezer at his restaurant spoils because of a blackout on April 2nd, guess who's coming after you in court for all those losses
    Sure but if that bubble machine doens't show up, you're not going to get triple the amount of money you could have sold that machine for on ebay. You're not even going to get a bubble machine with triple the amount of bubbles. The company will just have to send you a bubble machine, or give you your money back. That said, I hope you win. Good luck!

NYYF Legend

Sure but if that bubble machine doens't show up, you're not going to get triple the amount of money you could have sold that machine for on ebay. You're not even going to get a bubble machine with triple the amount of bubbles. The company will just have to send you a bubble machine, or give you your money back. That said, I hope you win. Good luck!
    But, if you bought that bubble machine for $10 in a clearance sale and they promised delivery by x date, and you then sold it to someone for $20 and promised to deliver after x date but didn't and the guy backs out, the original seller's failure to deliver as promised cost you 10 bucks. Of course nobody's going to sue anybody for 10 bucks, but if the losses are high enough then it's pretty straight forward to go small claims court and get a quick judgement. I don't want to take anybody to court, I just want my tickets. But if in their petty dispute with stubhub they end up screwing the fans on their OD resales I'll do it on principle more than anything else.

For the record I don't think they're stupid enough to hold out long enough to bust their own fan's sales and I think they'll probably release everything by early next week. But anything is possible. Normally, they could be in big trouble for anti-competitive practices with their ticket exchange but we all know about the baseball exemption to anti-trust laws - major league baseball is game and not a business after all

I called up ticketmaster today and raised some hell and asked to speak to a supervisor who I did. They are putting all the blame on the Yankees stating that they put a delay on them and they need to give ticketmaster the green light to release these tickets. I was offered to have the tickets at will call which I said no way. I told them they lied and I feel frauded and they broke their deal with me. Of course they said it doesn't say March 11th anywhere.

I will be calling up the Yankees tomorrow maybe even two or three times. If everyone did that maybe then they will release them.

NYYF Legend

Of course they said it doesn't say March 11th anywhere.
    That's what the Yankees lawyers are telling tickemaster to say. But actually, it did say that and that information could be subpoena'd in a big enough class action lawsuit. But I do have ticketmaster on record saying March 11th, and further more I can show it to you right now! Make sure you take your own screenshots, "save as" the page, print as PDF with header & footer, etc...

If you look at the OD page, there's a message at the top that states:
    "TicketFast for this game will be delayed until a to be determined date"
    http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/1D004A27A5E839BC

That is not the message that appeared earlier this month. They changed it after the March 11th deadline. But they got sloppy, because they didn't "fix" the problem on every page. If you go to the page for say, the April 4th game against the Red Sox, they forgot to take down the message!
    "Please Note: TicketFast is delayed until March 11, 2013"

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/1D004A27A9613BCF

You can go there right now to see it. And heck, you wouldn't even need a subpoena to ticketmaster, google has it cached in its archives for opening day.

Oh what a tangled web we weave...

That's what the Yankees lawyers are telling tickemaster to say. But actually, it did say that and that information could be subpoena'd in a big enough class action lawsuit. But I do have ticketmaster on record saying March 11th, and further more I can show it to you right now! Make sure you take your own screenshots, "save as" the page, print as PDF with header & footer, etc...

If you look at the OD page, there's a message at the top that states:
    "TicketFast for this game will be delayed until a to be determined date"
    http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/1D004A27A5E839BC

That is not the message that appeared earlier this month. They changed it after the March 11th deadline. But they got sloppy, because they didn't "fix" the problem on every page. If you go to the page for say, the April 4th game against the Red Sox, they forgot to take down the message!
    "Please Note: TicketFast is delayed until March 11, 2013"

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/1D004A27A9613BCF

You can go there right now to see it. And heck, you wouldn't even need a subpoena to ticketmaster, google has it cached in its archives for opening day.

I need to learn all that high tech stuff lol. Either way we all should just flood the ticket office with calls tomorrow. I plan on calling up the office and every number I have as well as my rep.

NYYF Legend

I need to learn all that high tech stuff lol. Either way we all should just flood the ticket office with calls tomorrow. I plan on calling up the office and every number I have as well as my rep.
    Google is your friend. Just check out a simple search:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=%22T...ter=0&biw=1526

And see the flood of pages with the original March 11 date

I trust Baghdad Bob more then I trust the Yankees these days.

I trust Baghdad Bob more then I trust the Yankees these days.
    The Yankees try to make this a fan friendly move by taking on Stubhub. They are actually competing against their own customers in the secondary market by screwing over their own customers with the Stubhub and delay of release of pdf moves.

In the mean time they allow ticket speculators to short sell on their new ticketfast system. They further allow the short sellers to pick and choose when they will actually complete a sale screwing over the fans one more time.

In ticketfast they are allowing the same behavior they claim to be fighting stubhub to stop.

Baghdad Bob indeed.

I called up ticketmaster today and raised some hell and asked to speak to a supervisor who I did. They are putting all the blame on the Yankees stating that they put a delay on them and they need to give ticketmaster the green light to release these tickets. I was offered to have the tickets at will call which I said no way. I told them they lied and I feel frauded and they broke their deal with me. Of course they said it doesn't say March 11th anywhere.

I will be calling up the Yankees tomorrow maybe even two or three times. If everyone did that maybe then they will release them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	NYY Opening Day - 1.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	21535

Let's Go Google!!!

Wouldn't your e-receipt from ticketbastard advise when the tickets would be ready? (All of my e-receipts were for standard mail, and the ones I was forced to used ticketslow for had the link in the message....)

Personally I would spend the time taking screen shots of EVERY page for the other 80 games, showing that March 11 was the date promised for e-delivery. I think a judge would have a tough time believing Baghdad Bob if ticketslow was available for EVERY other game except the April 1 game...

Cheers!
    -Doug

Quote Originally Posted by dstoffa View Post
    Wouldn't your e-receipt from ticketbastard advise when the tickets would be ready? (All of my e-receipts were for standard mail, and the ones I was forced to used ticketslow for had the link in the message....)

Personally I would spend the time taking screen shots of EVERY page for the other 80 games, showing that March 11 was the date promised for e-delivery. I think a judge would have a tough time believing Baghdad Bob if ticketslow was available for EVERY other game except the April 1 game...

Cheers!
    -Doug
    My e-receipt simply thanked me for choosing ticketfast and only had the link - but no date on the e-receipt itself.

My picture from a below message is of the actual google cache I was able to find following GG's search suggestion. Didn't want to provide the actual link to it though - figure TM is watching us now, so at least want them to do the work themselves to find that cache, versus simply posting it here. Easy enough for anyone to find though...

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by dstoffa View Post
    Speaking of ticket"bastard", they should know better than to stir this pot. They have zero good will in the public view with all those excessive fees and allegations of fixing the markets by going straight to their own secondary market instead of selling tickets first on the primary market. See now with all this not delivering my tickets as promised I'm pissed at ticketmaster.

They settled a big lawsuit over fees not too long ago. So I've now contacted the law firms that handled that case to share my experience with not only the misrepresentation of delivery dates for these OD tickets, but also the problems from the postseason last year where they withheld fees from unplayed game refunds and refused to refund when they were supposed to. I had to issue chargebacks to get every penny back but I'm sure there are hundreds of people who didn't. There's also the conspiracy to thwart stubhub competition by favoring their own ticketsnow marketplace

Here's to a long road of legal problems ahead for ticketmaster

Quote Originally Posted by NYY_72 View Post
    My e-receipt simply thanked me for choosing ticketfast and only had the link - but no date on the e-receipt itself.

My picture from a below message is of the actual google cache I was able to find following GG's search suggestion. Didn't want to provide the actual link to it though - figure TM is watching us now, so at least want them to do the work themselves to find that cache, versus simply posting it here. Easy enough for anyone to find though...
    Well I can't see them forcing Google to purge their caches...

But the Yankees / TM are practicing the politician's playbook of "Making it hurt" by trying to delay delay delay delay.

It would seem the truth hurts, and they are in extreme denial.

Cheers!
    -Doug

Opening Day Ticketfast released finally!

Thread Information