+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    NYYF Legend

Re: Individual Ticket Pickups and Ticket Office Releases

I don't know how much more is going to be released to the public on TM, they are dumping everything out the back door. Just today 405 & 434B finally got released and put on stubhub but it was never offered to the public in the primary sales. They are sneaking everything onto the secondary market.

They still haven't released anything in 207, 307, or 407B yet and a couple other sections. Not sure if they'll ever be legitimately put up for sale

Quote Originally Posted by RatzoRizzo View Post
    Don't know what the holdup is...Bought tickets released on 3/11....got email today that they're printed and being sent.
    That is what does not make sense. Usually when printed tickets are sent out for an event, etickets are available for download at the same time (for tickets purchased using the Ticketfast option).

I have received opening day hard tickets- some >1 week ago, yet the tickets I purchased using Ticketfast as the delivery method are still not available for download yet

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    I'm calling them on Monday at the very latest, getting the guy's supervisor on the line, and then threatening to report fraud to the New York State Attorney General's Office.

Actually it's not much of a threat, it's more of a promise
    http://www.ag.ny.gov/consumer-frauds...umer-Complaint
    On StubHub the seller does not get paid until they deliver the tickets they sold to the buyer. Maybe the same should apply here, the buyer pays Ticketmaster but the Yankees do not get paid until they deliver the tickets to the buyer?

Im wondering if the Yankees are doing this deliberately to eff with Stubhub. They know many of these tickets have been sold and they can cause problems for all by delaying delivery until the last moment.

Setting the buying limit at 19 tickets per person (how the hell do they come up with that number) pretty much rules out them wanting to make sure nobody bought too many tickets and therefore canceling orders.

I have a service that notifies me any time Ticketfast tickets are ready to be downloaded so I will certainly post here when Im notified mine are ready

I don't know how much more is going to be released to the public on TM, they are dumping everything out the back door. Just today 405 & 434B finally got released and put on stubhub but it was never offered to the public in the primary sales. They are sneaking everything onto the secondary market.

They still haven't released anything in 207, 307, or 407B yet and a couple other sections. Not sure if they'll ever be legitimately put up for sale
    Last year they opened up at 307 at about 10 pm the night before the game.

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by pacersyankees View Post
    Im wondering if the Yankees are doing this deliberately to eff with Stubhub. They know many of these tickets have been sold and they can cause problems for all by delaying delivery until the last moment.
    Causing problems for their season ticket holder sellers is self destructive marketing

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeSTH View Post
    Causing problems for their season ticket holder sellers is self destructive marketing
    That has been their specialty of late.

NYYF Cy Young

After several years now they have this down to an art form.
    Jimmy G. (Seniority 03/28/1994)
    1994-2008: Main Res MVP Sec. 14, Row G
    2009: Section 330, Row 6
    2010: Section 233A, Row 20
    2011: Section 229, Row 16 *All Sunday Plans*
    2012: No longer STH, liberated!

NYYF Cy Young

Something about doing this seems a bit less than legal.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Something about doing this seems a bit less than legal.

So the Yankees, hate StubHub, blame StubHub for the lack of ticket sales and attendance, but are now directly dumping tickets to same StubHub bypassing a general public sale.
    Trost and Levine just get sleazier and sleazier by the day.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by LHG39 View Post
    So the Yankees, hate StubHub, blame StubHub for the lack of ticket sales and attendance, but are now directly dumping tickets to same StubHub bypassing a general public sale.
    Trost and Levine just get sleazier and sleazier by the day.
    More likely they sold package deals to brokers at 100% over face and those brokers are doing the dirty work to get whatever price they can , on stubhub or elsewehere

By the way I called ticketmaster 1-800-653-8000 earlier this morning and really laid into the the head of the ticket office about not releasing the OD tickets. I suggest everyone call and complain to a supervisor, don't take any of this bullsht "the client has placed a hold" garbage. They promised March 11th and as far as I'm concerned they already broke their contract and this is turning into a clear case of fraud. The more people call the more likely tickets get released sooner than later

NYYF Cy Young

More likely they sold package deals to brokers at 100% over face and those brokers are doing the dirty work to get whatever price they can , on stubhub or elsewehere.
    In the current economic environment why would brokers buy these tickets over face? I would think they'd want most games at a discount.

NYYF Legend

In the current economic environment why would brokers buy these tickets over face? I would think they'd want most games at a discount.
    That question answers itself. If a $22 ticket can be acquired at $44 in bulk and sold on the market for $80+ ...

Addicted Member

More likely they sold package deals to brokers at 100% over face and those brokers are doing the dirty work to get whatever price they can , on stubhub or elsewehere

By the way I called ticketmaster 1-800-653-8000 earlier this morning and really laid into the the head of the ticket office about not releasing the OD tickets. I suggest everyone call and complain to a supervisor, don't take any of this bullsht "the client has placed a hold" garbage. They promised March 11th and as far as I'm concerned they already broke their contract and this is turning into a clear case of fraud. The more people call the more likely tickets get released sooner than later
    I called yesterday and got "the client has placed a hold" garbage. I pushed, so they offered to convert to mail from ticketfast but told me "the client has placed a hold" on mail. No date was given for release. If they don't release by Thursday next step is to call StubHub for an extension of the delivery date by PDF or to ask how to convert to LMS delivery. Think StubHub will work with all of us since they will know of the situation?

NYYF Legend

I called yesterday and got "the client has placed a hold" garbage. I pushed, so they offered to convert to mail from ticketfast but told me "the client has placed a hold" on mail. No date was given for release. If they don't release by Thursday next step is to call StubHub for an extension of the delivery date by PDF or to ask how to convert to LMS delivery. Think StubHub will work with all of us since they will know of the situation?
    I think stubhub will work with you as much as possible but ultimately it depends on what was advertised to the buyer and how hard he pushes back. So if the delivery deadline you set was 3/21, the buyer may be expecting the tickets by 3/23 and if they don't show he may or may not raise issues with stubhub. Stubhub does promise buyers will get tickets in time for the event, so there is some wiggle room if an expected date isn't met. But if prices crash buyers will be much more likely to try to get out of the purchase any way they can and push to bust your sale.

Ticketmaster is probably legally responsible for delivering the tickets as advertised so you should have recourse towards them. But behind it all it is the Yankees who are screwing with you so you have to follow up with the Yankees too and push them

I had my TicketFast tickets switched to physical tickets + US Mail on Sunday, and they [claim they] were mailed today.

Quote Originally Posted by sjanowsky View Post
    I had my TicketFast tickets switched to physical tickets + US Mail on Sunday, and they [claim they] were mailed today.
    Did you get any kind of email confirmation?

I also don't know does stubhub care if we instead mail hard tickets? I already wrote my rep an email last week and of course no response. Opening Day is the only valuable game this season. I can't even sell Dodgers tickets.

NYYF Cy Young

That question answers itself. If a $22 ticket can be acquired at $44 in bulk and sold on the market for $80+ ...
    If does, but only if they can sell at that markup of $80. So let's say that $22 ticket is only selling for $18 . . .

And wouldn't the bulk price ($44) be less than the face ($22)?

Outside of OD, I got a game against the Giants and the final home game of the year for Mo.

Quote Originally Posted by sjanowsky View Post
    Its probably too late for anyone to take that route now. Its baffling how they can mail tickets out but can't make them ready for Ticketfast download. Even if you could have them mailed (and I wish I did from day 1) if they arrive late than you are totally effed. At least SH will have to understand everyone is in the same boat. Interesting to see how long the Yanks will make us sweat it out. After this game they will have zero leverage at all

Its probably too late for anyone to take that route now. Its baffling how they can mail tickets out but can't make them ready for Ticketfast download. Even if you could have them mailed (and I wish I did from day 1) if they arrive late than you are totally effed. At least SH will have to understand everyone is in the same boat. Interesting to see how long the Yanks will make us sweat it out. After this game they will have zero leverage at all
    TicketMaster has good customer service. One time i didn't receive my tickets in the mail. Called up TM and they made the tickets available for me at the Box Office. Weeks after the event the original tickets showed up. Somehow they ended up going to France. No idea why but that's what happened. Another time I lost the hard tickets in my house. Think I may have thrown them in the trash. Called TM after tearing my house apart and they emailed Ticket Fast replacements within minutes with no hassel and no charge.

Its baffling how they can mail tickets out but can't make them ready for Ticketfast download.
    Makes the "fast" part of "Ticketfast" somewhat of a misnomer.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

Just spoke with TM. Same standard "there's no was possible to enable ticketfast yet; our random client, who we have no relationship whatsoever with, has a delivery hold on it. We suggest you continually log into your account to see if/when the hold is removed. We have no comment/info regarding whatever we initially indicated about delivery timing. Have a nice day".

TM said delivery could be changed to US mail, but that might take (in theory) 10-14 days, so too close to the event time. Delivery can also be changed to UPS. For about $20, they can arrive in about 2 days; either 2 or 3, depending upon how late in the day you might elect this option. They didn't provide a cutoff time.

So in theory it's possible to sidestep the beyond dodgy block on only PDF tickets via UPS hard tickets. But to use SH to sell in this scenario, you couldn't upload a PDF, so with UPS physical delivery as the only option with hard tickets - the sale end time moves up significantly. UPS end is 3pm on March 27, versus PDF (not previously uploaded) end of 1pm on March 30. Not sure what the uploaded end time is; guessing 0-3 hours before the game start.

As said by many before, it's somewhat amazing that they're choosing to block only specific delivery methods to inconvenience/hurt their customers. Quite the marketing study too. Yankees using/hurting their existing customers, in concert with TM using/hurting their existing customers (everyone who bought tickets and elected the standard delivery option) in order to battle with SH.

And the goodwill grows...

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by NYY_72 View Post
    As said by many before, it's somewhat amazing that they're choosing to block only specific delivery methods to inconvenience/hurt their customers. Quite the marketing study too. Yankees using/hurting their existing customers, in concert with TM using/hurting their existing customers (everyone who bought tickets and elected the standard delivery option) in order to battle with SH.

And the goodwill grows...
    They are probably blocking the Ticketfast tickets as no doubt many people have chosen that method for OD and it's the one delivery method that can be "controlled" - since it's electronic, they could hold these tickets until the day before and you'd still have tickets for the game. The other methods involve some type of transport that can go wrong.

BTW - I went for hard tickets for OD and got them 5 days ago.

On StubHub the seller does not get paid until they deliver the tickets they sold to the buyer.
    Well, if you buy tickets that are advertised as "last-minute pick-up", aren't they already delivered? The onus is for the buyer to get his a$$ to the pick-up center. They seller should be paid if the buyer shows up to collect or not. In my eyes, the sale is complete once someone clicks *buy*, because the tickets are already delivered. There is no onus on the seller to deliver, because they have already been delivered....

Cheers!
    -Doug

Thread Information