+ Reply to Thread
Page 156 of 189 FirstFirst ... 56 106 146 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 166 ... LastLast
Results 3,876 to 3,900 of 4717

Re: 2013 New York Yankees Season Long Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    Why? Old and busted is no way to build a roster son.
    Is late 20's the new mid-30's or something? He turns 30 in February. Probably not a guy who's gonna be looking for a long term deal. I don't know much about his injury history outside of his torn labrum last year, but he's usually been good for ~120 games a season and that number could easily go up with him being able to DH every now and then.

I know they have Murphy in AAA, but I'd rather not go into another season with the C position as a major question mark.

Quote Originally Posted by teknetic View Post
    Is late 20's the new mid-30's or something? He turns 30 in February. Probably not a guy who's gonna be looking for a long term deal. I don't know much about his injury history outside of his torn labrum last year, but he's usually been good for ~120 games a season and that number could easily go up with him being able to DH every now and then.

I know they have Murphy in AAA, but I'd rather not go into another season with the C position as a major question mark.
    I believe McCann will be looking for a long term deal being that it may be his last chance to get one.
    If I were the Yankee front office, I wouldn't go more than 4/48. And I'd see if I could do something like Y1-10 mil, Y2-15 mil, Y3-15 mil and Y4 - 8 mil.
    And NO No Trade Clause!
    “Begin each day as if it were on purpose........”—Alex Hitchens

Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teknetic View Post

If they believe that Romine can be competent, I'd be surprised if they sign a C to a 4 year deal, with Murphy and Sanchez in the wings. There are plenty of positions they have needs at where they don't have that kind of pipeline.
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Fan in Boston View Post
    If they believe that Romine can be competent, I'd be surprised if they sign a C to a 4 year deal, with Murphy and Sanchez in the wings. There are plenty of positions they have needs at where they don't have that kind of pipeline.
    I really like what I've seen from Romine the past couple of weeks. I think he needs to get more playing time. Stewart is beginning to wear down.

Tonight's game may be the most important of the 3 in Tampa. The team needs to win Kuroda's starts, and the series opener sets the tone for the other 2.
    Let the kids play.

Lineup:

Brett Gardner CF
    Curtis Granderson DH
    Robinson Cano 2B
    Alfonso Soriano LF
    Alex Rodriguez 3B
    Lyle Overbay 1B
    Eduardo Nunez SS
    Ichiro Suzuki RF
    Chris Stewart C

Kuroda P
    Let the kids play.

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    Lineup:

Brett Gardner CF
    Curtis Granderson DH
    Robinson Cano 2B
    Alfonso Soriano LF
    Alex Rodriguez 3B
    Lyle Overbay 1B
    Eduardo Nunez SS
    Ichiro Suzuki RF
    Chris Stewart C

Kuroda P
    Chris Archer looks to be a difficult hill to climb.
    The Yankees really need Kuroda to be on his game tonight!

With the way this team promotes prospects, Sanchez is probably in the minors another year +

I'd be surprised if they signed McCann (or anyone else for that matter), too, but it's something I hope they consider.

NYYF Legend

Well, the bench is even shorter tonight.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/yan...ankee-lineup-2
    Lyle Overbay was in the original linuep, batting sixth and playing first base, but became a late scratch when he came down with flu-like symptoms before the game and was replaced by Reynolds.
    Revised lineup:
    Brett Gardner CF
    Curtis Granderson DH
    Robinson Cano 2B
    Alfonso Soriano LF
    Alex Rodriguez 3B
    Ichiro Suzuki RF
    Mark Reynolds 1B
    Eduardo Nunez SS
    Chris Stewart C

Hiroki Kuroda RHP

I hate going into games with a short bench and having to play guys out of position in the case of an emergency. Cashman has to bring up the best infielder possible at AAA until Jeter gets back

I wonder whose idea was it that Pinella would be a good announcer. He doesn't shut up!

True, but neither of them are likely to hit anywhere near McCann's level. In fact both are probably more likely to hit like Chris Stewart than McCann. I mean even their best minor league numbers pale in comparison to what McCann does at the major league level.

Plus the team will need a backup. If either hits in the backup role they could be a valuable trade chip for a young starter at another position.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by effdamets View Post
    I believe McCann will be looking for a long term deal being that it may be his last chance to get one.
    If I were the Yankee front office, I wouldn't go more than 4/48. And I'd see if I could do something like Y1-10 mil, Y2-15 mil, Y3-15 mil and Y4 - 8 mil.
    And NO No Trade Clause!
    I would agree strategy-wise with all of this. I don't think 4/48 gets it done though. McCann will be highly sought after. I think he gets 5 from someone.
    Goin for 2<strike>7</strike>8!

Quote Originally Posted by goin for 27 View Post
    I would agree strategy-wise with all of this. I don't think 4/48 gets it done though. McCann will be highly sought after. I think he gets 5 from someone.
    Possibly I was thinking 4 years is probably right, but he'll get more than 48. Probably around 60.

And NO No Trade Clause!
    They don't seem to be concerned with actual payroll, just luxury-tax payroll. For that, it doesn't matter how you load the contract. AAV is AAV.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

McCann is a terrific player and I think he would be a force in the Yankee lineup. He is only 29. If they can come up with some sort of short term contract I would be all over it. I think the risk is definitely worth the reward.
    Boo for trading Prado.

NYYF Legend

The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

And NO No Trade Clause!
    While McCann may well be looking for a long-term deal, it is incomprehensible that he would not be also looking for a pay raise, considering his quality in the market.

McCann's salary this year is $12,000,000 - taking a 4/$48M contract basically signs him for the next four years for that same salary.

Someone else suggested that he is likely to get more like 4/$60M in a contract and I agree - if not more. There will be teams foaming at the mouth for his services, IMO.
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar

This team takes the worst 3-0/2-0 swings I've ever seen.

Stop it.
    Fistpumping like a champion.

NYYF Legend

they're not going anywhere if CC continues not being ace-like
    help feed the hungry:

www.thehungersite.com

Quote Originally Posted by flymick24 View Post
    He hasn't been ace-like this entire year.

Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by flymick24 View Post
    I'll take what he was giving us earlier in the year, but he can't even do that.
    Fistpumping like a champion.

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    Tonight's game may be the most important of the 3 in Tampa. The team needs to win Kuroda's starts, and the series opener sets the tone for the other 2.
    I kept thinking of your post yesterday (good post). We only got around 6 hits (again) and the highlight was a RBI walk. I am blaming the weather. On the bright side - I hate the BoSox.

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    They don't seem to be concerned with actual payroll, just luxury-tax payroll. For that, it doesn't matter how you load the contract. AAV is AAV.
    Sure hope you're right.

I read one article that said that the savings ( 100M ) were more likely to come in @ 40M. The hit from missing the playoffs and reduced stadium and YES revenue would take a big chunk out of that. W/ the failure of the farm system, they're gonna need to spend big on FA's to remain competitive. The failure to open the purse strings for Intl FA's over the past few years make me think that they're more concerned with the bottom line and that their frugality will continue
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdvM0IB5Sbs

MICRO PASSIVE/MICRO AGGRESSIVE

Quote Originally Posted by ieddyi View Post
    Sure hope you're right.

I read one article that said that the savings ( 100M ) were more likely to come in @ 40M. The hit from missing the playoffs and reduced stadium and YES revenue would take a big chunk out of that. W/ the failure of the farm system, they're gonna need to spend big on FA's to remain competitive. The failure to open the purse strings for Intl FA's over the past few years make me think that they're more concerned with the bottom line and that their frugality will continue
    This offseason will probably remove any doubt as to their main concern.
    Poor ownership can hold a baseball team down for years!

If you could pick one Yankee starter to pitch in the one game Wild Card playoff game, who would that be?

Thread Information