+ Reply to Thread
Page 132 of 189 FirstFirst ... 32 82 122 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 142 182 ... LastLast
Results 3,276 to 3,300 of 4717
    NYYF Legend

Re: 2013 New York Yankees Season Long Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jax Teller View Post
    I love how people think there are requirements that must be made to be considered a real fan.
    Well, there are requirements to be a real Yankee. So it only stands to reason....
    If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

NYYF Legend

^ Word.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBliz View Post
    If you're not willing to watch this Yankees team (which is over .500), you don't deserve to watch the team when they're good. You take the good with the bad or you're not a real fan, you're a glory-chasing bandwagoner. I know that doesn't apply to most people on this board but the "I'm not watching because they don't win enough to justify my watching" attitude is hardly justifiable.
    The problem for me isn't that the Yankees don't win enough, it's that they're an incredibly boring team to watch. I turn on almost every game, but I don't pay a lot of attention.

And I'm certainly not a "glory-chasing bandwagoner."
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    The problem for me isn't that the Yankees don't win enough, it's that they're an incredibly boring team to watch. I turn on almost every game, but I don't pay a lot of attention.

Agree completely. This team could be 10 games ahead in the division & my interest would still be minimal. I barely watched last year as well and that includes the playoffs. I did not find that team interesting either.

Not only that, I just don't want to watch/follow 162 games like I did when I was younger. This extremely old and boring team combined with other interests, there's nothing about this team right now that makes me want to watch a game instead of doing something else I enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee01 View Post
    THIS!!!!

I have watched EVERY game. Been to 4 games even though I live in NJ and going to two more in September (including Mo's last game).
    I live in Philadelphia and can't afford MLB.TV as well as Drexel's 35K+ tuition. Thus, I cannot watch every game. I follow on MLB.COM

Am I not a real fan?

That is literally the wackest ................ someone can say. Comparing fanhood? How old are you?
    Reppin the Pinstripes in DC (thanks grandpa)/Hail to the Redskins/Rock the Red (Go Caps)/Joakim Noah = 2013 DPOY

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post

I can agree with this. How many games can we score 0 or 1 run? I have watched fewer games in recent years as I have other priorities.
    Last edited by YankeePride1967; 07-27-13 at 07:12 PM. Reason: Cent

I haven't been to a game in two years, and I've been to three in (maybe) five years.

NYYF Legend

I recently had an up-grade on my cable system and have watched more Yankee games than ever.
    I'm a Yankee fan good or bad.
    Always have been, always will be.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilEmpireDC View Post
    I live in Philadelphia and can't afford MLB.TV as well as Drexel's 35K+ tuition. Thus, I cannot watch every game. I follow on MLB.COM

Am I not a real fan?

That is literally the wackest ................ someone can say. Comparing fanhood? How old are you?
    No I didn't meant it like that. Obviously some fans such as yourself are restricted. MLB.TV can be expensive (unless you share with someone else like I do). Some fans live too far (I'm only 30 minutes from NYC). I was just talking more about myself, but what DaBlitz said has merit. Some of these fans on here (some who I believe boarder line troll), are simply bashing these players and the organization literally every day. It gets tiresome after awhile reading it all the time. Especially the guy who said Jeter will probably get injured again in 1 week. Those aren't true fans. And then when they play well, they will act like they never said anything bad about the team.

Just turned 21 by the way. Salute....

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

I haven't been to a game in two years, and I've been to three in (maybe) five years.
    Oddly enough I have probably gone to more games than I have watched on tv.

No I didn't meant it like that. Obviously some fans such as yourself are restricted. MLB.TV can be expensive (unless you share with someone else like I do). Some fans live too far (I'm only 30 minutes from NYC). I was just talking more about myself, but what DaBlitz said has merit. Some of these fans on here (some who I believe boarder line troll), are simply bashing these players and the organization literally every day. It gets tiresome after awhile reading it all the time. Especially the guy who said Jeter will probably get injured again in 1 week. Those aren't true fans. And then when they play well, they will act like they never said anything bad about the team.

Criticizing the team, which they deserve, does not mean the critic isn't a real fan whether it's done every day or once in a blue moon.

I criticize this team, the direction they are going in, their bad trades, etc. quite often but that doesn't mean I'm not a fan. I may not at all be interested in this team over the past two years, but I am very interested in their direction.

Criticizing the team, which they deserve, does not mean the critic isn't a real fan whether it's done every day or once in a blue moon.

I criticize this team, the direction they are going in, their bad trades, etc. quite often but that doesn't mean I'm not a fan. I may not at all be interested in this team over the past two years, but I am very interested in their direction.
    Maybe I confuse straight up bashing from criticizing sometimes. But I guess that's just my nature of always defending the team and the moves they make. Can't help it

Remember when people used to bitch that the team could only win because they hit a lot of HRs?

Good times.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

The whole topic of "true" or "real" fans is specifically against the Community Standards. Let it go.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

oh cool.

Let's stick together then.

Team 90s lol
    Reppin the Pinstripes in DC (thanks grandpa)/Hail to the Redskins/Rock the Red (Go Caps)/Joakim Noah = 2013 DPOY

Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    If you're not willing to wear Yankee pajamas, profess your love for the 2013 team, watch every single pitch AND the reruns, or refrain from criticizing this team, you don't deserve to call yourself a Yankee fan, you're a glory hole-chasing bandwagoner. You take the pajamas with the feesties or without or you're not a real fan. I know this doesn't apply to most people on this board, but the "I'm not watching because my blue PJs are in the wash and I refuse to wear the pink" attitude is hardly justifiable.
    LOL

If you don't remember Karim Garcia, you aren't a real fan

It is interesting watching the once successful Yankees have an off season, and after the long historic captaining of G. Steinbrenner (RIP).

I only just got in to baseball casually last year (and went to 3 Yankees games while in town, vs Red Sox series, end of regular season), and loved it.
    I got MLB.tv for this season and due to timezones, don't watch every game, but have watched a lot.

Considering I go for an NFL team that has had no luck (Chargers), and an NHL team for many years with the downside of their historic time (Devils), I appreciate that every sports team goes through the bad years, and will eventually have another good year too.

I don't post much here, and lurk occasionally, but it is interesting reading and learning about the game from people here.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by newjerseydamo View Post
    It is interesting watching the once successful Yankees have an off season, and after the long historic captaining of G. Steinbrenner (RIP).

I only just got in to baseball casually last year (and went to 3 Yankees games while in town, vs Red Sox series, end of regular season), and loved it.
    I got MLB.tv for this season and due to timezones, don't watch every game, but have watched a lot.

Considering I go for an NFL team that has had no luck (Chargers), and an NHL team for many years with the downside of their historic time (Devils), I appreciate that every sports team goes through the bad years, and will eventually have another good year too.

I don't post much here, and lurk occasionally, but it is interesting reading and learning about the game from people here.
    The trick is to go thru the bad year(s) the "right" way so they don't last very long and lead to good years.

NYYF Triple Crown

Today was the 127th time since 1916 that two or more Yankees had at least 4 hits each in a game.

NYYF Legend

No surprises here.
    http://bronxpinstripes.com/news-rumo...ams-sent-down/
    The Yankees have announced that Jayson Nix has been activated from the DL and will rejoin the team in LA against the Dodgers. David Adams was sent down to make room on the roster.
    Nix has been sidelined since July 3 with a strained right hamstring. On the season, heís hitting .236 with two homers and 20 RBI and has seen a lot of action at short since Derek Jeter was on the DL. Nix will move to the bench and serve as a utility guy for Joe Girardi.
    This will be Adamsí second time being sent down this season. He was hitting .205 with two homers and 11 RBI, playing mostly at third base.

Addicted Member

I agree wholeheartedly and apologize if my comment was misconstrued. All I was saying is that if you're not watching the Yankees because they're not winning, then it's not likely you're a fan of the team; you're a fan of following a winning team. To me, there's a major difference. The Yankees could be the worst team in the league and I'd still be watching. I just get agitated when people call Yankee fans bandwagoners, only to come here and have people professing their 'jumping off of the bandwagon'.

Criticism is fine and warranted with this club (to varying degrees). I could understand if you dislike the team that was put together. Personally, I'm not missing any chance to see Mo, Jeter, etc.

Sorry for this little off-topic deviation. I wasn't attacking anyone specifically.

Now, as far as bringing up Nix. Please do not tell me he's ahead of Lillibridge on the pecking order. Lil B has shown more to me in two weeks than Nix ever has; and this is coming from someone who has come around a bit on Nix.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by DaBliz View Post
    I agree wholeheartedly and apologize if my comment was misconstrued. All I was saying is that if you're not watching the Yankees because they're not winning, then it's not likely you're a fan of the team; you're a fan of following a winning team. To me, there's a major difference. The Yankees could be the worst team in the league and I'd still be watching. I just get agitated when people call Yankee fans bandwagoners, only to come here and have people professing their 'jumping off of the bandwagon'.

Criticism is fine and warranted with this club (to varying degrees). I could understand if you dislike the team that was put together. Personally, I'm not missing any chance to see Mo, Jeter, etc.

Sorry for this little off-topic deviation. I wasn't attacking anyone specifically.

Now, as far as bringing up Nix. Please do not tell me he's ahead of Lillibridge on the pecking order. Lil B has shown more to me in two weeks than Nix ever has; and this is coming from someone who has come around a bit on Nix.

Girardi always goes with the veterans over the younger players so I would guess Nix will get more play than Lil B.

THIS!!!!

I have watched EVERY game. Been to 4 games even though I live in NJ and going to two more in September (including Mo's last game).
    you're the greatest fan!!
    Kyle

Somebody get a lineup for tonight so I can think about something relevant.
    Let the kids play.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    Somebody get a lineup for tonight so I can think about something relevant.
    Here you go:

Thread Information