+ Reply to Thread
Page 80 of 189 FirstFirst ... 30 70 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 90 130 180 ... LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 4717
    NYYF Legend

The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

Re: 2013 New York Yankees Season Long Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan61 View Post
    In the hubbub of tonight's loss, I missed the fact that Vernon Wells played an inning at second base. This marks the FOURTH time I know of this season that a Yankees player has seen time at a position he's NEVER played in the majors (Wells at 3B/2B, Cano at SS, and Cervelli at 2B)!! Stewart also played 1B, which I didn't think was an option. This team can be terrifically amusing.
    Cervelli played two innings at 2B in 2011 per Baseball Reference
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

Girardi must play in a fantasy league that gives eligibility to a player after 1 appearance. Cano at SS/2B makes him tremendously more valuable than Zobrist.
    Thank you, 2013-2014 New York Rangers for a great season!

NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan61 View Post
    In the hubbub of tonight's loss, I missed the fact that Vernon Wells played an inning at second base. This marks the FOURTH time I know of this season that a Yankees player has seen time at a position he's NEVER played in the majors (Wells at 3B/2B, Cano at SS, and Cervelli at 2B)!! Stewart also played 1B, which I didn't think was an option. This team can be terrifically amusing.
    Agree 100%. Even in the blowout last night, it was entertaining to watch the swizzling at the end.
    Goin for 2<strike>7</strike>8!

NYYF Cy Young

I liked Girardi's comment about having Gonzalez pitch that shortstops can generally get the ball to go where they want it to. (Maybe Hughes should get some practice at shortstop...)

NYYF MVP

Honestly, Hughes is such a mystery. He is lights out and looks like he turned a corner, and then he flops twice in a row. It's irritating.
    “When you have the chance to take the ball for the World Champs, you take the ball.”—Roger Clemens

A stiff back sidelines Seattle starter Aaron Harang, so the Bronx Bombers get to face former Yankee pitcher Hector Noesi on Thursday evening:

https://twitter.com/gbakermariners

Should be fun.

Oh man, forgot about Hector. He's pretty bad.

Faith is a funny thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    Interesting article on pitch framing. Apologies if it's been posted already: http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...-molina-others
    Great article, Mr Coffee. Many thanks. The Replacement Killers was a good read as well.

NYYF Legend

I'm pretty damn excited to see what Pineda can do for us this year. I just read on RAB that he's going to most likely be ready to pitch in the majors by the end of June. I'm not expecting great results right away, but I just want to see some of the dynamite stuff he showed in Seattle.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    Interesting article on pitch framing. Apologies if it's been posted already: http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...-molina-others
    Great detailed and informative article. Thanks for sharing.

It's why I don't want Austine Romine anywhere near the dish other than to spell any other catcher on the roster, and at a minimum. Since, according to the article, the Yanks place a premium on pitch framing, I don't see much of a future for him in this organization, especially as a starter. I hope I'm right in having that much confidence in the team. Mark Newman calls him a plus plus defender. Either we need to replace Newman pronto, or he's taking some serious hallucinogenic drugs, or he's putting on his Yankee sales cap and overhyping him as they tend to do with prospects. Unfortunately, most teams, not called the Dodgers, aren't that stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by teknetic View Post
    Oh man, forgot about Hector. He's pretty bad.
    Way to go, dude.

NYYF Legend

He'll always be Hector Noise to me.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

The Yankees are now 17-0 when they score first.

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    He'll always be Hector Noise to me.

LOL me too. Thanks to messerwhitescooter, can't ever hear this (by Quiet Riot) without thinking of him, either. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSUXdWCq5kk
    He'll never get another milestone like that one. So what? His whole career is a milestone. - JL25and3

Quote Originally Posted by NYYankeesFan92 View Post
    The Yankees are now 17-0 when they score first.
    American League record:

From Elias: With their 5-0 win over the Blue Jays, the Yankees became the first team in American League history to begin a season 17-0 in games in which they scored the first run. Two other A.L. teams began seasons with 16-0 records in games in which they drew first blood, and even those two did it more than 100 years ago: Boston in 1904 and Chicago in 1912. The last major-league team to begin a season with a streak of that kind as long as the one owned by the Yankees was their crosstown rival: the 1992 Mets, managed by Jeff Torborg, won the first 18 games in which they posted the first run (but finished the season with 72 wins and 90 losses).
    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/elias
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

17-0 and a record too boot is even more impressive when you consider all the injuries and the make shift team they've used to get this far.

NYYF Legend

Hafner back in the lineup today.
    Lohud Yankees Blog ‏@LoHudYankees 1h Yankee lineup vs. TOR 5/19: Gardner, Cano, Wells, Hafner, Overbay, Granderson, Nix, Adams, Romine w/Phelps.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    Hafner back in the lineup today.
    Lohud Yankees Blog ‏@LoHudYankees 1h Yankee lineup vs. TOR 5/19: Gardner, Cano, Wells, Hafner, Overbay, Granderson, Nix, Adams, Romine w/Phelps.
    Lineup is getting better. Sure would like to see Stewart in there instead of Romine.

Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    Great detailed and informative article. Thanks for sharing.

It's why I don't want Austine Romine anywhere near the dish other than to spell any other catcher on the roster, and at a minimum. Since, according to the article, the Yanks place a premium on pitch framing, I don't see much of a future for him in this organization, especially as a starter. I hope I'm right in having that much confidence in the team. Mark Newman calls him a plus plus defender. Either we need to replace Newman pronto, or he's taking some serious hallucinogenic drugs, or he's putting on his Yankee sales cap and overhyping him as they tend to do with prospects. Unfortunately, most teams, not called the Dodgers, aren't that stupid.
    Thank god you do not hold a front office position.
    Hit 'em with Da Finesse!

"But as many Molinas as there are, they're not a renewable resource."

How many sons do they have?

Quote Originally Posted by PaidYoung View Post
    Thank god you do not hold a front office position.
    What a bright, original, profound response, with chock full of goodies and examples on your end in backing up your strong argument and opposing view. I'm breathless. I looked at some of your past posts* especially your trade proposals, Darvish and Betances posts/evaluations, and your junior high school persona, and was equally impressed! Thank God we have members like you.

*yeah, I know guys, but I had no idea who this clown is. Oh, he says works for an MLB franchise!!11 (water boy, urinal polisher?):

http://forums.nyyfans.com/showthread...=1#post7328097

But, then he calls the Yankees "we" and "us" in his posts, so using some simple reasoning, he works for the NY Yankees!! We should be honored to have him...

...bbbut, then he says this:
    ...working for a MLB franchise. I'm sure the mods can figure out whom by looking at my IP
    which means that all of us with IP addresses in NYC, the Bronx, or even the tri-state area, work for the Yankees and we didn't even know it!

Now get lost, lil guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Man View Post
    American League record
    Major league record now tied.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Man View Post
    Major league record now tied.
    Tomorrow could be the major league record. Dickie is pitching for Toronto so the Yanks have a shot at it.

AFAIC, Phelps now holds the #5 starters spot. If he can hold up for a round 2 against all the teams he's faced so far, he may just be the real deal. Certainly too early to tell, but I'm not excited about getting Nova back in the rotation.

Phelps pick-off in the first inning changed the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees61 View Post
    AFAIC, Phelps now holds the #5 starters spot. If he can hold up for a round 2 against all the teams he's faced so far, he may just be the real deal. Certainly too early to tell, but I'm not excited about getting Nova back in the rotation.

Phelps pick-off in the first inning changed the game.
    Loved the pick off move. Don't know anyone that's thrilled with Nova making a return to the rotation any time soon.

Thread Information