+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 189 FirstFirst ... 13 53 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 73 113 163 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 4717

Re: 2013 New York Yankees Season Long Discussion Thread

if a guy needs 200 pitches to go 8 innings then that's not sustainable. if it takes 100, then that's a great game and probably low stress
    always reasonable

The Youka is back tonight

Brett Gardner CF
    Ben Francisco DH
    Robinson Cano 2B
    Kevin Youkilis 1B
    Vernon Wells LF
    Francisco Cervelli C
    Brennan Boesch RF
    Eduardo Nunez SS
    Jayson Nix 3B

LHP CC Sabathia

I'd probably be more concerned about some of the offensive performances being maintained.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Crow,Tony,Joe,Yogi,Riz,2 Joes Tifoso's Avatar

Well, it's official. I am an idiot. I kept assuming that the Francisco disappointment was directed at Cervelli, not Ben. Duh, Lou.
    -Lou 27 (28 in 2014)
    Totus Tuus

NYYF Legend

Ben Francisco swells up tonight and he hits a HR.

R-I-P, Mr. Nelson Mandela Jersey Yankee's Avatar
    Formerly Brooklyn & Joisey; now just right behind you ... BOO!!!

If it's been mentioned before here a gazillion-billion times ... then sue me!!!

The Rays are trying to put the Yanks on Revis Island:

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/ey...gainst-yankees
    Dr King (1929-68): Make the Dream a Reality.
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get upÖget up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

Youk scratched tonight with back pain. Overbay starting

NYYF Legend

They really need to do something about the lineup vs. lefties. Youk being out didn't help matters but Francisco at DH is just laughable and we are going to face a lot of tough lefties in the AL East this season.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

Addicted Member

Really looked bad today. Lineup had enough holes you could drive a Zamboni machine through it. CC looked like he was having problem with command all day. There going to have to look tougher if they continue to face quality pitching.

If Francisco's only role is going to be a RH DH, we might as well get rid of him and call up Adams. The guy's OBP is nearing .500 in AAA, and he turns 26 in a month, it's not like we have to hide him like he's a huge prospect. There's like 1 month before Grandy comes back anyway, we don't need to wait around for Francisco to figure it out.

NYYF Legend

The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    Do you have a link for this?
    Here's one

Itís Time for the Yankees to Make the Big Move
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by longtimeyankeefan View Post
    that was a terrible read... trading mason williams, tyler austin, brett gardner, and joba for 1 prospect? not to mention that his rationale for parting with gardner is that granderson will be back soon, but he conveniently forgets to add that the yankees will most likely let him walk after the season, thus leaving the 2014 yankee OF as vernon wells, ichiro, and who exactly?

also, i don't think the rangers would ever deal with the yankees
    help feed the hungry:

www.thehungersite.com

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by flymick24 View Post
    that was a terrible read... trading mason williams, tyler austin, brett gardner, and joba for 1 prospect? not to mention that his rationale for parting with gardner is that granderson will be back soon, but he conveniently forgets to add that the yankees will most likely let him walk after the season, thus leaving the 2014 yankee OF as vernon wells, ichiro, and who exactly?

also, i don't think the rangers would ever deal with the yankees
    I was asked to post a link to the suggestion that the Yankees unload the farm for Profar and did.

Terrible read or not, I simply did as I was asked.

NYYF Legend

I was asked to post a link to the suggestion that the Yankees unload the farm for Profar and did.

Terrible read or not, I simply did as I was asked.
    not shooting the messenger here, just saying how some bloggers need to think before they write (but i guess that's too much to ask in this day and age)
    help feed the hungry:

www.thehungersite.com

NYYF Legend

not shooting the messenger here, just saying how some bloggers need to think before they write (but i guess that's too much to ask in this day and age)
    Actually, that statement could be made about most authors these days - they have a wonderful habit of opening mouth, inserting foot.

I would love to see the Yankees acquire Profar, but I fear that the price would be WAY too high.

Still, if Nunez continues to hit as poorly as he is currently (he is not even over the Mendoza line on his SLG %), the Yankees will have to face reality - with Jeter out until after the ASB, can we afford to keep a bat like that in the lineup (notwithstanding our experience with Martin last year)?

Sadly, we have nothing at the upper levels of the minors that could replace Nunez, so you have three choices: 1) live with what you have, 2) play Nix (when he is not spelling the other IFers) or 3) trade for a shortstop.

I'd go with #3 and trade for a SS, doesn't have to be some expensive star.

The non-performers are becoming clear for position players

Francisco
    Nix
    Nunez

Might as well face it and at replace Nunez with somebody else....he's bound to start making bunches of errors. SS is too important a position to be settling for Nunez much of the time.

Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of blogging?

Actually, that statement could be made about most authors these days - they have a wonderful habit of opening mouth, inserting foot.

I would love to see the Yankees acquire Profar, but I fear that the price would be WAY too high.

Still, if Nunez continues to hit as poorly as he is currently (he is not even over the Mendoza line on his SLG %), the Yankees will have to face reality - with Jeter out until after the ASB, can we afford to keep a bat like that in the lineup (notwithstanding our experience with Martin last year)?

Sadly, we have nothing at the upper levels of the minors that could replace Nunez, so you have three choices: 1) live with what you have, 2) play Nix (when he is not spelling the other IFers) or 3) trade for a shortstop.
    Nix is basically another Nunez, with medicore defense instead of poor defense. Yankees need a shortstop badly. I was thinking we sign Elvis Andrus, but obviusly that is not happening since he signed an extension.

I do not know much about Profar, but if the scouting reports are right, he looks like a special player.

Off To Never Never Land Mr.Muhozi's Avatar

Ben Francisco has a negative wRC+ (-13) I didn't even know a negative wRC+ was possible.
    40 pitchers, ever, have an ERA+ of 130 or higher for their career. 15 have 140 or higher. 3 guys have 150 or higher - one is right at 150, the second place guy is at 154, and Mariano Rivera is at 205.

Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar

We have some dumb young pitchers. That's their biggest problem.

Hughes had Molina looking like me v. Price's FB.........when he threw sliders. For some forsaken reason he decided to go 3 straight FBs against him. Molina got his timing down with the first 2, took the lead with the 3rd.

Nova is worse.
    Fistpumping like a champion.

I've seen enough of Ben Francisco. Its time to try someone else. Anyone else. It would be one thing if he was a great career hitter against lefties, but he's not even a good hitter against lefties over his career (slightly better against righties).

David Adams is healthy and killing it in AAA right now. And he absolutely crushes lefty pitching in the minors (Career: .920 OPS vs LHP- .331 BA)

Addison Marsuzak can't hit righties at all, but crushes lefties. He can also play basically anywhere in the field including SS.

Thomas Neal can hit lefties also. Juan Rivera is still out there.

The team could trade for someone also, but probably too early and not sure who would be available, maybe Soriano?

NYYF Legend

Still don't understand why they didn't sign Casper Wells after Toronto released him. He's a better fit for this team than Francisco.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    Still don't understand why they didn't sign Casper Wells after Toronto released him. He's a better fit for this team than Francisco.
    Yea that made no sense. A perfect fit for what the team needs.

Adams should be in the MLB right now, not Francisco.

Watching Yankees handle there prospects becomes frustrating, sometimes.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    Can't go to the Wells too often. What would Girardi do with two Wellsies on the team?

Thread Information